Longer Stator Motor Cable CB750C '82 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Help Needed!

Streetfighter Help Needed! Need help with your 'fighter? Ask for help in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Longer Stator Motor Cable CB750C '82

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-05-2019, 04:54 PM   #1
Thudarcat Rider
Fighter
420's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:03 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
420 is well liked420 is well liked420 is well liked420 is well liked420 is well liked420 is well liked
Default Longer Stator Motor Cable CB750C '82

Hey Fighters,

I am working on my GF's bike, a cafe racer cb750c. We're cleaning up behind the carbs, and in the V, and one piece of that would be to extend the stater starting motor cable.

Here's an example of what I am talking about: https://www.5thgearparts.com/product...nt=22628764935

This cable does have a specific connection to the stator, and rather than doing a butt-splice and add on an extra 4 - 6 inches on the end to allow the cable to route back and be tucked out of sight prior to entering the newly installed battery box.

https://imgur.com/a/sDlEvJA

https://imgur.com/a/EkbrOdu

RIDE NAKED

My YZF600R Thundarcat > http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=59723

420 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-05-2019, 04:58 PM   #2
Thudarcat Rider
Fighter
420 is well liked420 is well liked420 is well liked420 is well liked420 is well liked420 is well liked
Default Re: Longer Stator Motor Cable CB750C '82

Here's a pic of the project so far.... we hope to be done soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3ZdWRbZ.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	105876   Click image for larger version

Name:	dypkBSv.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	750.9 KB
ID:	105878  

RIDE NAKED

These people High Fived 420!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-06-2019, 07:51 PM   #3
beezwiz
GURU
CF Addict
beezwiz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:03 PM
Flip Offs: 7
Flipped Off 14 Times in 8 Posts
beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I don't understand what you want from the way your post is.

Do you want info on longer stock cables or what?

I would just place the butt splice where it would be hidden!

Just my .02

Beez

And I looked and behold a pale horse. And the rider's name was Death.
beezwiz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-06-2019, 08:47 PM   #4
Streetfighterkz
Capt Oblivious
CF Pimp
Streetfighterkz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:03 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 11 Times in 7 Posts
Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

If youre looking for a longer cable, Id go on eBay and just look for one from a different bike. I worked on a CM250 and it had a really long starter motor cable if I remember correctly.

Later, Doug

74 Kawasaki H1-500
76 Kawasaki Kz900 Stripfighter
77 Kawasaki Kz1000
78 Kawasaki Kz1000
83 Kawasaki Gpz750 (Turbo Converted)
Streetfighterkz is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-07-2019, 02:38 AM   #5
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 12:03 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

If you're after the cable from starter solenoid to starter or battery to engine, I would not splice those. They carry a lot of current, you want one nice thick continuous cable really. You can get ends that will work and thick enough cable, and just join the ends yourself. You will need a specific termination tool though, to get a good connection. Sure someone near you can make up a battery cable?

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-07-2019, 10:28 AM   #6
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

If it is a stator cable, yeah, just splice it and carry on.

Starter cable, like Amorti said, don't splice those.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-11-2019, 11:29 PM   #7
lynchingacers
V-4 for 4 life

CF Addict
lynchingacers's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:03 PM
Flip Offs: 9
Flipped Off 12 Times in 6 Posts
lynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of light

if you take apart your starter, or at least pull that boot back off the starter body theirs probably a bolt or screw for the terminal

( i promise they're pretty easy just watch the brushes, )
most Honda starters i've seen use an m6 ring in there though pretty easy to make up custom cables for those

i do welding cable on my gear, m last bike also got a 10$ ford top post starter solenoid because i kept burning the 45$ motorcycle ones, use 6 or 4ga welding cable for best results, its ultra flexible stuff , and if your doing your own cables you can sleeve it so its nice and classy looking

you can also usually get away with soldering the larger lugs onto the cable also, ( i still at least crimp with vice grips or a vice first) use 60/40 or Silver ROSIN CORE solder and a propane/map torch
and don't forget your heat shrink or end boots ( can sometimes steal a boot off old spark
plug wires and trim em down for the smaller m6 lugs
lynchingacers is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-11-2019, 11:40 PM   #8
lynchingacers
V-4 for 4 life

CF Addict
lynchingacers's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:03 PM
Flip Offs: 9
Flipped Off 12 Times in 6 Posts
lynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of light

this is the one for an 85 nighthawk it looks very close
this looks like the correct exploded view,
19 is the post nut and #9 would be the stud for power coming through ,

a vid on making
cable from scratch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqOa2d8v8Tw
lynchingacers is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-14-2019, 06:46 PM   #9
Thudarcat Rider
Fighter

Yeah, sorry I wasn't too clear in my post. I realize that now. Nonetheless, I appreciate the responses!

This is the cable that I need a few more inches longer so I can tuck it away.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190914_164308_1568501072921.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	833.0 KB
ID:	105950  

RIDE NAKED

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-15-2019, 05:12 AM   #10
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:03 PM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

looks like a simple longer cable needed, easy enough
yantosh is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Help Needed!