FZR 600 RR Build - Page 13 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > FZR 600 RR Build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-05-2019, 04:17 PM   #121
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:03 PM
Flip Offs: 10
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: FZR 600 RR Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
lol Thanks for the conversion!

That's a crazy price. I reckon you are gonna try to rebuild it?
Might have to try. Most of the ones on ebay look like shit. There's a roll pin right by the weep hole which I imagine needs to come out and then press the shaft out from the driven side and then I figure it's just seals and bearings in there.

Started bleeding the brakes:

Got squishy levers so far but it can stay like that for now.

Striving to remain dynamic in an ever-evolving environment and shit like that.
RS_Raz is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived RS_Raz!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-06-2019, 10:35 AM   #122
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Finally got the pillion covered:

I've been putting this off coz I didn't wanna do it. But it turned out okay and only cost me a couple of quid

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-06-2019, 04:03 PM   #123
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Kinda feels like one step forward, two steps back today. Just so close to having this on the road but now gotta wait for a water pump:

At least I noticed this leak in the shed rather than out on the road somewhere. Small mercies I guess...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post Yesterday, 04:54 PM   #124
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

Okay got brand spanky new pump:

All fitted up and filled - no leaks so far but I've not run it up since.

R6 headers are droopy:

Not cool.

Removed silencer and hangers, jacked bike up on the headers and stood on the pegs:

Better now. Can't really go any higher without modding the pipe.

Of course the can doesn't fit now but it was way too loud anyway. I started the bike up in the shed and my wife and daughter came running out of the house to see what was going on! So I got a slip on with enough link pipe to hopefully make fit:

Although to have the pipe fit in the recess on the swinger, it might roast my foot:

Bit too long:

But don't want it too loud so I'm thinking take 100mm off:

And finally received the V5

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post Today, 01:02 PM   #125
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:03 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Ride it about full length for a bit, see if you really want it louder.

Is the manifold going to be ok being stretched? Stainless ones would be at risk of stress cracking, idk for mild.

I've seen worse heel clearance issues.

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post Today, 02:47 PM   #126
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer

I dunno. I heated it at the front with a heat gun until the paint started coming off and then jacked it up. If it breaks, it breaks. Hopefully it will be just fine
I know a guy that does it with R1 exhausts which is probably the same kind of stainless. He was the one who suggested it.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes