Figuring Out What Can Swap - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Street Fighter Swaps > Swingarm Swaps

Swingarm Swaps Swingarm and Rear End Swap Discussion goes here

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Figuring Out What Can Swap

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-24-2015, 09:24 PM   #1
Penguin Shindig
NoObie
Noobie
Local Time: 02:22 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Penguin Shindig is a glorious beacon of lightPenguin Shindig is a glorious beacon of lightPenguin Shindig is a glorious beacon of lightPenguin Shindig is a glorious beacon of lightPenguin Shindig is a glorious beacon of lightPenguin Shindig is a glorious beacon of lightPenguin Shindig is a glorious beacon of lightPenguin Shindig is a glorious beacon of lightPenguin Shindig is a glorious beacon of light
Default Figuring Out What Can Swap

Where would one start to figure out what swing arms will fit?

I would assume it would be at the mounting width to the main part of the frame?
Then the shock would be just preference?

I have a 2007 Ninja 650. I want to change up the style of the swing arm and at the same time make sure it can accommodate a wider rim for a fatter tire. Not sure what's ran on zx-6r, r6, and whatnot, but about that size would be preferred.

There from there I'd just have to get brake parts for the bike the swing arm came off of if mine don't match up.

Thanks!
Penguin Shindig is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-24-2015, 10:22 PM   #2
ultimate fighter
Remi's Dad
ultimate fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:22 AM
Flip Offs: 1,427
Flipped Off 875 Times in 399 Posts
ultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympus
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: Figuring Out What Can Swap

Find your swingarm pivot width, first.

After that find a list of pivot widths that are equal to or close to your stock width.

make it fit....

Find the pivot bolt diameter of both swingarms. You may need a bushing made to make up the difference OR you'd need new bearings at the right OD and ID.

Also need to factor a brake setup. Whether you want the same or different wheels plays a factor.

The spring and linkage need a little more thought to get right. You can't just wing it when it comes to those.

UF's 2017 winter buildoff MOE POWA
talk about my junk
Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
CB is cool as fuck , proper old skool kick your cunt in for looking at it funny
ultimate fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-01-2016, 04:46 AM   #3
srad6/7.5
Fighterer
Local Time: 12:22 AM
Flipped Off 6 Times in 6 Posts
srad6/7.5 is a glorious beacon of lightsrad6/7.5 is a glorious beacon of lightsrad6/7.5 is a glorious beacon of lightsrad6/7.5 is a glorious beacon of lightsrad6/7.5 is a glorious beacon of lightsrad6/7.5 is a glorious beacon of lightsrad6/7.5 is a glorious beacon of lightsrad6/7.5 is a glorious beacon of lightsrad6/7.5 is a glorious beacon of light

You mention ZX6R if it was me I would look into the width of some different years swing arms for the ZX6R or similar kawi's with some luck you should be able to find something the same or really close in the pivot width and the axle diameter.
Then it might be a bolt on affair with the rim,brake and sprocket, just make sure the sprockets are aligned and the linkage have the same angle's/dimensions.
srad6/7.5 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-02-2016, 08:13 AM   #4
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:22 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 40 Times in 39 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

you do realise that 650 has an offset shock where on ninja it's not on the side?

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-02-2016, 10:05 AM   #5
northamerican
Fighterer
northamerican's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 42 Times in 6 Posts
northamerican is really nicenorthamerican is really nicenorthamerican is really nicenorthamerican is really nicenorthamerican is really nicenorthamerican is really nicenorthamerican is really nicenorthamerican is really nice

I have a SSSA from an 88 Honda nt650, MINT, New semi gloss black PC, $250 shipped

live to mod..mod to live
northamerican is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-05-2016, 12:42 PM   #6
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 13 Times in 10 Posts
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here

I have a 650r too. I chopped the whole subframe and am currently fitting a daytona 675 arm into it (the daytona arm is close, but 3-5mm too wide and also has a smaller pivot bolt).
XxGRYMMxX is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Street Fighter Swaps > Swingarm Swaps