blow thru vs draw thru? - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Making Power

Making Power Anything to do with fabricating and modifying engines, carbs, ignition, etc. goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > blow thru vs draw thru?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-23-2017, 01:13 PM   #11
FrenchFries
GURU
CF Addict
Local Time: 07:22 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: blow thru vs draw thru?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPD9V8cIuf8

can draw thru be ridden like that?
FrenchFries is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived FrenchFries!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-23-2017, 02:52 PM   #12
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

RatFighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:22 PM
Flip Offs: 190
Flipped Off 111 Times in 48 Posts
RatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dindu nuffins View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPD9V8cIuf8

can draw thru be ridden like that?

For sure. Takes a steady hand to keep it up like that on a draw through, but the first bike I ever knew of that held a speed wheelie record was a draw through Bandit.

Can't find the pics of it, but this video is a slideshow of the pics...

The main issue with draw through bikes is that when the throttle is shut completely, it stacks the boost pressure back against the turbine wheel and slows the turbo immensely, resulting in a huge lack of boost when you get back into it, with a steady hand you can limit the stacking to a point that the video you posted is more than normal for the setup to achieve, just don't dump the throttle to full closed and open it back up expecting the same power, gonna have to wait until the turbo spools back up for that. Nice smooth throttle transitions will see to a good draw through setup holding the front wheel off the ground for miles and miles.

Getting kinda aggravated by youtube's changes in video results... used to be a video of a draw through GSXR1100 doing passes by a camera through a set of corners and it was actually really smooth off and on throttle transitions, reinforced my idea that even though they can be pretty sloppy, they are still pretty damn nice when tuned well. Loads of shim and jet changes later, they can be pretty civil no matter how hard you ride them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihammer View Post
Looking at this Large Hadron Collider of a vehicle, I am starting to think the little bastard may have been on to something...
RatFighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived RatFighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-23-2017, 03:23 PM   #13
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Mongoose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:22 PM
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

can't you just fit a blow off valve on the manifold to negate that?

nvm i just realized that would be bad lol
Mongoose is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Mongoose!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-23-2017, 09:14 PM   #14
Racing Geek
lb/hp is what it's about!
Racing Geek's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 168
Flipped Off 83 Times in 73 Posts
Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Scavenger Hunt 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
can't you just fit a blow off valve on the manifold to negate that?

nvm i just realized that would be bad lol
That would be horrible but if you want to try it I'll definitely watch the video.
Racing Geek is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Racing Geek!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-23-2017, 09:36 PM   #15
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Mongoose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:22 PM
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Geek View Post
That would be horrible but if you want to try it I'll definitely watch the video.
il'l dump it straight into the exhaust.
Mongoose is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Mongoose!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-24-2017, 01:16 AM   #16
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

RatFighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 190
Flipped Off 111 Times in 48 Posts
RatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
il'l dump it straight into the exhaust.

Holy shit I can't even imagine what igniting the Air/Fuel mix between the turbo and intake would be like... probably a really big boom and a ton of plumbing that isn't attached anymore. Turbine wheel chunks all over the place. Probably blow the carb right off the turbo too!

(At least that's the consensus I come to from stories I've heard about the early draw through and n2o days)

dindu, looking back at that craigslist ad I notice that bike also has a lockup clutch too. That's a serious bit of kit worth every penny if it starts and runs good. If I was closer I would be doing everything in my power to get my hands on it myself if you weren't serious about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihammer View Post
Looking at this Large Hadron Collider of a vehicle, I am starting to think the little bastard may have been on to something...
RatFighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived RatFighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-24-2017, 01:32 AM   #17
FrenchFries
GURU
CF Addict
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!FrenchFries is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

kinda far for me atm. I will need to at least sit on it till tuesday when enterprise opens again.

I am immersing myself in the crypto hype right now trying to figure out whats the next big hitter to get in on right now. balancing that with christmas and trying to people... And bike buying. And moms refinancing the house or whatever so the appraiser is coming next week. It's a whole busy stressful time. We shall see.
FrenchFries is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived FrenchFries!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-11-2018, 06:31 PM   #18
TurboXJR
Noobie
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
TurboXJR is a good noobieTurboXJR is a good noobie

Got both the draw through is a more powerful option as little pressure is lost from turbo to cylinders better for the strip as road riding is more difficult to manage i run a T25 Garret straight off a single HSR 42mm Mikuni race carb with a fuel regulator and a facet fuel pump to keep up feeding to thing .. My other is a blow through not quite as viscious and more useable on the street this ne is not quite finished yet and have alot of jiggery pokery to do with it but here they both are so to speak ...

and then theres the new one should have this one finished in a month or two

And ceramic turbos are the way forward
TurboXJR is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived TurboXJR!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-25-2018, 09:58 PM   #19
beezwiz
GURU
CF Addict
beezwiz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 7
Flipped Off 14 Times in 8 Posts
beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Beautiful bikes my man!
beezwiz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Making Power