Car wheel conversion - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Street Fighter Swaps > Swingarm Swaps

Swingarm Swaps Swingarm and Rear End Swap Discussion goes here

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Car wheel conversion

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-13-2011, 11:05 PM   #11
ASM
Sparky
Senior Fighterer
ASM's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:13 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 5 Times in 5 Posts
ASM is a name known to allASM is a name known to allASM is a name known to allASM is a name known to allASM is a name known to allASM is a name known to allASM is a name known to allASM is a name known to allASM is a name known to allASM is a name known to allASM is a name known to all
Default Re: Car wheel conversion

use plenty of tire soap while trying to seat the fucker. Thicker the better, it helps reduce friction while seating. Also unscrew the inside portion of the air valve as it will allow more pressure quickly into the tire. The rachet strap trick usually works for me...
ASM is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived ASM!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-13-2011, 11:09 PM   #12
Smokey74
GURU
CF Pimp
Smokey74's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 7
Flipped Off 15 Times in 14 Posts
Smokey74 is a splendid one to beholdSmokey74 is a splendid one to beholdSmokey74 is a splendid one to beholdSmokey74 is a splendid one to beholdSmokey74 is a splendid one to beholdSmokey74 is a splendid one to beholdSmokey74 is a splendid one to beholdSmokey74 is a splendid one to beholdSmokey74 is a splendid one to beholdSmokey74 is a splendid one to beholdSmokey74 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by endo View Post
80+lbs
You need more power.. I've used 130+ psi to make a bead pop. Lube the shit out of it, secure the wheel and stand back a little. I've seen some ugly shit happen with tires. (I ran a Tire America for a few years) More pressure should do it though. A 200 on a 6" shouldn't be that hard.

"Puff puff, give. Puff puff, give. You fuckin' up the rotation."
Smokey74 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-13-2011, 11:10 PM   #13
endo
The Soft Serve Enigma
endo's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:13 AM
Flip Offs: 73
Flipped Off 96 Times in 82 Posts
endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - Most Complete Theme 

Yeah, it shouldn't...but it is lol.

Project Redefyned 7/11

If I have to explain, you won't understand.
RIP Michele "MadMadame" Monroe, 30Apr80-24Mar12
RIP Gavin "Greencheezeeta" Butts, 5Oct83-8Sep09
endo is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-13-2011, 11:13 PM   #14
Smokey74
GURU
CF Pimp
Smokey74's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 7
Flipped Off 15 Times in 14 Posts
Smokey74 is a splendid one to beholdSmokey74 is a splendid one to beholdSmokey74 is a splendid one to beholdSmokey74 is a splendid one to beholdSmokey74 is a splendid one to beholdSmokey74 is a splendid one to beholdSmokey74 is a splendid one to beholdSmokey74 is a splendid one to beholdSmokey74 is a splendid one to beholdSmokey74 is a splendid one to beholdSmokey74 is a splendid one to behold

Can you use a different tire?

"Puff puff, give. Puff puff, give. You fuckin' up the rotation."
Smokey74 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-14-2011, 12:52 AM   #15
Noah
No-U-Turns Show
CF Pimp
Noah's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:13 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 17 Times in 17 Posts
Noah is a name known to allNoah is a name known to allNoah is a name known to allNoah is a name known to allNoah is a name known to allNoah is a name known to allNoah is a name known to allNoah is a name known to allNoah is a name known to allNoah is a name known to allNoah is a name known to all
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

hmm..ratchet strap worked for my 200 on a 7 inch wheel..bead didnt seat fully until after I let it sit in the sun for a bit..then, POW!
I used heaps of pledge
Noah is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-14-2011, 01:23 AM   #16
CBRRRT
Stinky Crusty Old Bastard
CF Addict
CBRRRT's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:13 PM
Flip Offs: 15
Flipped Off 6 Times in 5 Posts
CBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to behold
Fighter of the Month 

Its a bit like shagging your granny. Use loads of lube and keep pumping, then sooner or later, it will pop.

http://www.facebook.com/honda.streetfighter Wun Farzund
My mind is glowing............................................. ...........Ingerlund
CBRRRT is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived CBRRRT!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-14-2011, 05:35 PM   #17
endo
The Soft Serve Enigma
endo's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:13 AM
Flip Offs: 73
Flipped Off 96 Times in 82 Posts
endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - Most Complete Theme 

umm ew lol

Good news, talked to a friend who just got a job at the local Kal Tire and they're gonna hook me up if I show up tomorrow morning before they open...I'll post results

Project Redefyned 7/11

If I have to explain, you won't understand.
RIP Michele "MadMadame" Monroe, 30Apr80-24Mar12
RIP Gavin "Greencheezeeta" Butts, 5Oct83-8Sep09
endo is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-31-2011, 01:15 PM   #18
Uktech1
Newbie but not new

Fighter
Local Time: 05:13 AM
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Uktech1 is a name known to allUktech1 is a name known to allUktech1 is a name known to allUktech1 is a name known to allUktech1 is a name known to allUktech1 is a name known to allUktech1 is a name known to allUktech1 is a name known to allUktech1 is a name known to allUktech1 is a name known to allUktech1 is a name known to all

Thx CBRRRT, that was just the info I was looking for.

Endo, I've had the same trouble getting a 200 tire on a flashy Vmax rim that came from Germany (it had LED's and a battery pack built in). I wound out the valve on my compressor that restricts the max PSI (not officially recommended )and got it up to about 120, lubed the heck out of it and left it in the sun for a while till it seated.
Uktech1 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Uktech1!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-12-2011, 03:59 AM   #19
pdxbret
SF Hooligan/ Fighterer
Fighter
pdxbret's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:13 AM
pdxbret is well likedpdxbret is well likedpdxbret is well likedpdxbret is well likedpdxbret is well likedpdxbret is well liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by endo View Post
umm ew lol

Good news, talked to a friend who just got a job at the local Kal Tire and they're gonna hook me up if I show up tomorrow morning before they open...I'll post results
You ever get your tire to bead up? I'm up against the same situation you were in (as you know).

---
900RR/ Lucille Build (like most hot women, a never ending project)
mutantMoto.com - Custom and Naked Motorcycle BLOG
pdxbret is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-11-2011, 08:43 AM   #20
banbusa
Fighter In Training
banbusa's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:13 PM
banbusa is making some friendsbanbusa is making some friendsbanbusa is making some friendsbanbusa is making some friendsbanbusa is making some friends

GREETING'S JON.......... ha
banbusa is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived banbusa!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Street Fighter Swaps > Swingarm Swaps