What was your last purchase? - Page 343 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Anything non-motorcycle related goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > What was your last purchase?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-18-2019, 10:43 PM   #3421
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:46 PM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: What was your last purchase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattson View Post
Look up RAM mounts. Of course as with any suction cups make sure you got a solid purchase and two clean surfaces but once you twist the knob on a RAM suction cup it will not come off. Big fucker and a bit on the pricy side but hell you could probly pull small dents with that thing simply by putting it over the nick.
The GoPro suction cup is similarly beefy. It's pretty solid really. The problem with suction cups in general is, like Seb said, when they get dirty. Difficult to clean all the shit off of them, they don't stick as well, and they can scratch up what they're stuck to.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-18-2019, 10:51 PM   #3422
mcantar

CF Pimp
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Been wanting a good way to mount my phone while riding. It doesn't fit in my pocket well, and for some reason my GPS won't talk through the helmet's bluetooth... I'm not good at the hands-free stuff so maybe I just don't have it set up right, but still.

Found this, happened to be 25% off, figured it was worth a try. Aluminum mounting arm and positively locked into the phone case instead of just gripping it. Also has an impressively strong magnet in both the case and the arm, so they add a second level of retention and as a bonus my phone now sticks to shit... and that means shit sticks to it as well, and I cut metal into little chips for a living, so we'll see how long this lasts. Might end up replacing the magnet in the phone case with a chunk of carbon steel.

Thinking I'll stick it here. Currently have the 3D printer shitting out a couple pieces that'll let it mount as shown, into the steering stem nut.
They also make a bar mount one with a clamp that I have on order for the bikes that don't have clipons.

On another note... good thing I got that GoPro, because until that the only thing I had to take pics was my phone which would have made that last shot difficult

Turbo Busa v1.1
Quote:
These people High Fived mcantar!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-18-2019, 11:33 PM   #3423
mcantar

CF Pimp
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
Thinking I'll stick it here. Currently have the 3D printer shitting out a couple pieces that'll let it mount as shown, into the steering stem nut.
Aaaaand done.

Turbo Busa v1.1
Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-19-2019, 02:57 AM   #3424
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
titan's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:46 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 14 Times in 2 Posts
titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
The GoPro suction cup is similarly beefy. It's pretty solid really. The problem with suction cups in general is, like Seb said, when they get dirty. Difficult to clean all the shit off of them, they don't stick as well, and they can scratch up what they're stuck to.
There was a bloke on the 701 group that use a suction cup on track, attached to his front light. The heat build up between the cup and the plastic melted his light..

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

ride it like you stole it

Customization not Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
2020 build off - build - chat
titan is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived titan!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-20-2019, 02:51 PM   #3425
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:46 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

An Oukitel WP2 smartphone. Or should I say a smartphone shaped freight barge. Good god this thing is big and heavy...

Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-20-2019, 09:53 PM   #3426
Larry02ACR
Fighterer
Larry02ACR's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:46 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

My riding bud came by today to get the CRF50 I picked up earlier this week.

His wife texted me this photo saying it wasn't unloaded for even a minute before the kid climbed aboard.

He turns two next month. Looks like he may have caught the bug a little early...

Larry02ACR is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Larry02ACR!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-20-2019, 10:27 PM   #3427
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:46 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to beholdJunkie is a splendid one to behold
Fighter of the Month 

a twin for my FS570

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, FE570, FS570, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Junkie!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-22-2019, 03:20 AM   #3428
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Casper's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 188
Flipped Off 34 Times in 28 Posts
Casper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Rich's Bodacious Patty Melt w/ Over Medium Egg and Sweet Potato Tots.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1645.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	915.8 KB
ID:	105536  
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Casper!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-24-2019, 02:32 PM   #3429
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 34
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Smoker is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-24-2019, 10:19 PM   #3430
mcantar

CF Pimp
Fighter of the Month 

Hopefully a solution to my commuting issue that doesn't involve getting an old-man bike. Everybody seems to love the Kriega gear, and this has more than 2x the capacity of the DP Panigale tail bag (20L vs 8L).

And then while I was there, I succumbed to temptation...

Current gen airbag jacket (Tuono).
Gonna have to pull some overtime tomorrow for that one lol. But, it's enough of an upgrade in safety and features to be worth it. The gas cylinder isn't in a place where it could paralyze you with the new generation, and it stays on at a stop (by sensing vibration from the bike) vs the last gen that deactivates under 6mph.

Turbo Busa v1.1
Quote:

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion