Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
314K views 164 replies 66 participants last post by  CK 187 
#1 ·
I know theres already a Suzuki GSXR Thread, but im going to break it down again into Oil Cooled and Water Cooled Threads, im going to try and upload about 10 pics a day on both and also the other manufacturers aswell, i'll prob double up on a few so apologies in advance.. :rock:

#84 ·
Sit on it and twist the throttle. I figured that was pretty obvious to most people :D

I've talked with the current owner of the bike a few times. He says it handles amazingly well for having 20 year old busdget suspension. The frame is super rigid. Even with the soft susspension it takes corners a normal katana wouldn't dream of.

A bit of history. This bike was built as a mechanical engineering thesis project back in the early 90's. somewhere between 93-96. I don't remember exactly. It's based on an 89 Katana 1100 engine and suspension. The entire frame and bodywork is a carbon fiber monoqouce. After the stundents that built it graduated, it was sold to a collector and spent about 10 years in his possesion befor the current owner aquired it. The current owner added the widshield and LED lighting. I spoke with him at length about updating the suspension. He may eventually add a tubular SSSA and USD forks, funds permiting. Currently it's used as a display piece for his business. He producess biller brake resivoirs for sport bikes.

This post has been deleted
#94 ·
Read my detailed instructions that I posted in the post where you originally asked this question.

This is a thread for posting pics of oil cooled gixers or commenting on said photos not asking questions that had you checked first you would have noticed that I had answered for you already.

But since i'm here i've posted this pic before but for those who haven't seen it before here's a different oil boiler for ya!

1260cc GSXR MX bike not sure how it handles but i bet it's fast as fuck and i'd love to build one myself on day just for the grin factor.

#114 ·
#115 ·
Hi Garlic Sauce
I'm not sure how to do that so I'll ask my son if he can do something with his i phone.
I can tell you that with the db killer fitted it's seriously loud and can be heard from quite a distance and it sets of quite a few alarms.
Without the db killer it can only be described as killer, it sets of every single car alarm and I'm told that the bike can be heard for a good 10 minutes before arriving and that's in built up areas where the sound is usually broken by the buildings!!! I definitely have to use ear pugs or my ears ring for hours after even a relativity short ride, so i generally keep the db killer fitted and i still love the raw sound that it makes.
Mitch

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.