Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Kawasaki KZ's

157K views 160 replies 60 participants last post by  yantosh 
#1 ·
I want to see more like mine, I will start it with a pic of my 1979 kz1300.

More pics in my album.

I took off the mirrors and stickers, like the look much better now.

See less See more
#7 ·
Thinking about a new frame up rebuild.
Last one she had was back in 88 or so.
Been digging around on line to try and find front and rear swaps that
are the closest to just "bolt on" ...
and about to pull my hair out.

74 Z1 900

~

~
Got plenty to work with.
~

~

Hopefully the ZX will be able to fund the Z1 build.
It is just hurting this old man too much to ride.

Thought about going fighter with the ZX but I like the look of the CBR naked and pissed better.

Just thought Id share...
peace

#9 ·
heres One of my old ones, I bought this bike about 15 years ago for $200.00 canadian
I sent it to The UK and sold it for 6000.00 pounds

#10 ·
My first bike. A 1983/4 Kz250. Bought it for $350. Got it running enough to ride it around the front /back yard but never went any further with it. Sold it for $50 to a wreckers. They put a new battery in, changed the grips, serviced it and then sold it to some bloke for $800.....2 weeks later the motor blew and it cost him another $800 for a dodgy ass rebuild...
I wish I still had it.

#11 ·

More pics in my album.

My bro is after one of those. I am one of the nay sayers in his world. When he rides anything old, he throws a leg over, and treats it like it's a modern sportbike, I'm not so sure the KZ could take the stress of his punishment. Even at a "moderate" pace, older/bigger bikes (from my experience) headshake like mad when the power unloads the front end! Shit, even my Bandit 1200 would do that when pushed so hard it had little connecting it to the ground in the front end.

I dare you to try to tell me this isn't the greatest sound you have EVER heard come from a motorcycle!! (ignoring the clutch slip, fuck, that sounds horrible!)
KZ1300 FTW! :D

I swear to god there is nothing aside from Ferrari that can even come close in raw mechanical sound, even the Carerra GT (supercar) sounds too refined and "soft" to compare with the all out visceral experience of a 6 cylinder bike! :rock:

#14 ·

More pics in my album.

your bike is a work of art, its really mean looking, i think i commented on it before but its deff. a good lookin kz

#18 ·
Here's my 1981 440 LTD:

Please notice the custom exhaust with the crossover near the head :D

#20 ·
I love the old KZ's.

Reactions: oldrider
#24 ·
Hey F*CK YOU! It's rust-resistant, aerodynamic, and has measuring marks for up to 3 quarts.

:D

#28 ·
That is a nice bike. I still want to hear it run. I bet it's sweet music.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.