Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

VMAXs

109K views 52 replies 17 participants last post by  jj332245 
#1 ·
new one to be stickied

See less See more
#27 ·
couple more pics of a vmax that was posted on the first page.

A part of the framework is from the Vmax (I am sure you figured that out), the monoshock and the rear wheel comes from Triumph Speed Triple while the tank and the seat are sourced from a Ducati Monster! And thats not all, the front wheel comes from a Yamaha R1. The exhaust of 4 to 1 is made in house. The engine is retained from the V Max doing 150 bhp.

#28 ·
I have wet dreams about that evil relikt bike

just thought you all should know that

Reactions: eZdoesit
#30 ·
i like the yami logo on the duc tank :D

#31 ·
so if they dont handle why not make a custom frame and dual turbos for speed?
mabye a shorter wheelbase ?
tilt engine foward like the vf an vfr? to get shorter wheelbase?
the vf's got hella clearence for leanin i dont know bout these
i know the vf's are really narrow bout a foot wide v-4 lol
wheelbase for 83' "Wheelbase: 1495 mm (59.9 in)"
eh jus my thoughts

#35 ·
i just dont like the tail

#36 ·
after looking at the bikes in this thread, i almost did'nt even want to post mine! alot of the bikes pictured are from the uk-they are crazy over there. all the trick parts were only available overseas until recently. i,ve been working on my max for about three years now. it was completely stock when i bought it. it has a complete 05 R1 front end and an 03 front wheel. rear wheel is modified gsxr 1000 wheel. all otec clear engine covers (waterpump, mid-gear, alternator, clutch, cam covers and carb diaphram covers), ohlins rear shocks, ISR radial racing clutch and brake master cylinders, custom bar end mirrors, custom shift lite cover, stage 7 jet kit, dyna 3000 ignition, mv agusta rear tail, led arrow turn signals inside scoops, one off tank cover with functional air intakes, custom paintjob done as a continuous mural-the checkered flag appears to be draped over the bike, hmf 4-2 exhaust system, billet rearsets that moved the controls farther back, and alot of other chrome and billet pieces.
with the R1 front end and the bigger radial tire on the rear, this thing handle pretty damn good now. dynoed the stock motor last summer and pulled 108hp to the rear wheel, the new stage 7 kit and pipe will hopefully produce close to 130. once the snow clears up here its going to a guy in ny who used to be the lead tuner for team britton. sorry for the length of the post enjoy the pics. trying to get to the shindig in carlisle so you can see it in person.

later odieoh24

Attachments

#37 ·

Reactions: n0regret5
#38 ·

Reactions: BRGB12X
#40 ·
here's a few updated pics of my 97 vmax. i just got done installing the aluminum frame braces as well as the billet lower gussett braces. put in the dyna 3000 ignition module and took it for a short ride. tried it on the stock settings then ran thru a couple of the available curves. definetely picked it up in the upper mid range. starts alot easier as well. the dyno runs will be the true test though. still waiting on a few custom parts to arrive from the uk and germany. overseas must mean by sailboat! enjoy the pics

later odieoh24

Attachments

#41 ·

dood plans on just throwin a lil tail on it and callin it done

#53 ·
I know a few of you guys have seen this bike at Fighter Fest in Carlisle a few years back. This is my dad's Max.

Appearance:
LTR-450 Headlight, converted to two HID Bulbs for Hi-Lo Beam
FZR 600 Seat cowl for a Tail section
Arlen Ness Tear Drop Mirrors
Clip-on Handlebars

Perfomance:
Stage 1 Jetkit
Dale Walker Holeshot 4-1 exhaust w/ carbon fiber can
V-Boost Overide switch

I'm sure I'm missing more, but that's the gist of it.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.