Random thoughts... - Page 1365 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Anything non-motorcycle related goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Random thoughts...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-03-2019, 06:19 PM   #13641
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:04 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Random thoughts...

Wife's parents came over to visit Sunday and her Dad noticed the tags on my pickup went out in September. Whoops. I got free early today, so I made a mad dash for the DMV ( fuck calling that place on the phone) and rode up 15 min before closing. The place was half full and I figured they might turn me away. A young man with some obvious special needs comes trotting through the parking lot with his Mom in tow. " Bike! Bike! Bike!" This guy was cracking me up with the things he was saying and doing. Absolutely no fear. Within the next minute he's put on my helmet and my gloves and he's up in the saddle. I think to myself " fuck it..." and stick the key in ( and made damn sure I held the clutch to the grip). " Hey, man... You wanna start it up?" Eyes like saucers...look over at his mom and she gives me a nod. " Yes! I wanna rev it up". Alright, turn the key this way...ok, push this button... VROOM. Dude is laughing his ass off and pretty much just slobbering up the chin bar of my lid. I'm keeping a tight grip on the clutch if he accidentally kicks the shifter, so I can't reach the throttle or the kill switch from where I am. He's dropping rev bombs off the limiter and I've got the DB killer out of the Arrow exhaust. EVERYONE is looking at us, including the security guard that's coming outside to see who's making all noise. Wild man turns the key off and I think to myself " thank God he's done " because I've never hit the rev limiter before. Help him off the bike and retrieve my helmet. Both of us can't stop laughing and his Mom looks like she's getting teary eyed. " Steven, how do you always know who your friends are?". Dude hugs me and it feels like I'm being crushed to death. He's strong as hell. He kisses the side of my face " you be careful" and he walks away. One of the most action packed 2 minutes of my life. His mom says thanks and we chat for a moment. She's obviously upset, but says he loves bikes and appreciate me letting him do that. " Bikes are for fun. Happy to see mine put a smile on someone else's face".

I walk in the DMV and get in line, hoping I don't get turned away. Lady comes around the counter and pulls me to her cubicle by my sleeve. Turns out Steven is her nephew and decide he wanted to visit her today. She saw us in the parking lot, so she gave me the VIP treatment for spending time with him. " He loves motorcycles. His sister died in a motorcycle accident." Ah, that explains things. We chat for a bit and I'm on my way. In and out under 3 minutes

Decided I want a taco so rode over to taco Bell. Guy in a taco Bell uniform is coming down the wall carrying a box, so I hold the door for him. Hi, hello, thanks, no problem...all that stuff. I go to order and he takes the clerks place " what'll you have". I order and he doesn't punch any buttons. He goes in the kitchen, makes my order and just hands it to me. Uhh...that was not expected. " Don't forget your receipt, sir." I stick out my hand and he gives me a fist full of free manager coupons for free food. " You don't have to do all this, man. I appreciate it, but....". "Happy New year, sir *wink*.... Who's next?!"

This karma stuff is alright.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-03-2019, 06:23 PM   #13642
beezwiz
GURU
CF Addict
beezwiz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:04 AM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 14 Times in 8 Posts
beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Thanks for making start to cry at work Eric.

And I looked and behold a pale horse. And the rider's name was Death.
beezwiz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-03-2019, 06:32 PM   #13643
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:04 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Instant karma works both ways it seems Goodonya mate, well deserved if you ask me

Benelli Tornado TRE Novecento 2006
EX: Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA 2002 Fighter
My homebrew blog thread thingy: Oddball Brewery
Mattson is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-04-2019, 12:49 AM   #13644
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezwiz View Post
Thanks for making start to cry at work Eric.
I'll admit I got choked up in the shop this evening after getting home and thinking about Steven. I would guess he is mid 20's and his mom looked about mid 50's. Who takes care of him when she's gone? Is he content, or does he realize he's missing out on some things? All kinds of thoughts. Then it dawned on me that I'm sure he wasn't thinking anything about those things himself, he's just going day to day having fun and living in the moment. It's not a bad way to live! Try to remember him the next time I'm grumpy or worried about something. He asked his Mom to take a picture of us together with her phone. Kinda wish I woulda got her to send me that pic. Oh well.

My wife now works with special needs adults that live alone. Helping them manage their finances, household chores, personal hygiene, etc... it takes a special kind of person. I couldn't do it every day.

Kids seemed drawn to the KLR when I had it. Several times I ended up with kids on that bike when stopped at different places. Hopefully planting the seed for new riders They beat the shit outta your gas tank climbing around tho!
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-04-2019, 12:59 AM   #13645
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:04 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 39 Times in 38 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Kids and bikes... When i come in work with bike i heep it at our storage room. I always keep the door opened so i can enjoy the view from my seat. So many kids try to dissapear that way.

And Eric, im not surprised you did that, i think most of us would do it. I dont like others wearing my helmet though

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived rex_saugerty!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-04-2019, 11:39 AM   #13646
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

I wasn't thrilled about the helmet bit, but I wasn't man enough to turn him down . No harm done. Bought a fresh pack of Clorox wipes before heading home.
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-05-2019, 12:14 AM   #13647
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Had an unexpected package show up today. I thought I'd been on ebay and forgot what I'd ordered again, but nope...just Mac hooking me up with some #d printed goodness.

Thanks, Mac. Will definitely put this to good use.

These people High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-05-2019, 01:34 AM   #13648
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:04 PM
Flip Offs: 309
Flipped Off 170 Times in 147 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 

CF never fails to impress

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-05-2019, 11:36 AM   #13649
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:04 AM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus

Someone posted the model on a 3D printing forum not long after you posted your SS gift, I figured maybe this will let that piece of the gift live on past the life of its contents
Hopefully it fits right, I don't exactly have a can laying around to test fit with.

Might be good for carrying bits around in your bag or something like that. Don't feel obligated or anything though, I won't be offended if you don't use it.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived mcantar!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-05-2019, 02:23 PM   #13650
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Casper's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:04 PM
Flip Offs: 188
Flipped Off 34 Times in 28 Posts
Casper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympus

Today, I turn 28 and I started the day off right with being woken up with a phone call from my grandfather, cooking breakfast for the family and then changing my oil/filter and starter in my truck. Soon I will go get some more lumber and continue making my storage train to help make the next move easier. Today is a good day.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion