(Evo II) CBR900RR "W.B.R.W." - Page 28 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > (Evo II) CBR900RR "W.B.R.W."

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-09-2020, 03:47 PM   #271
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:33 PM
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 13 Times in 10 Posts
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here
Default Re: (Evo II) CBR900RR "W.B.R.W."

never seen a blower attached to a camshaft but vac pumps, high pressure injection pumps and power steering pumps are all commonly run off the camshafts on euro cars so not a bad idea. New math for the speed though since camshafts move at half the speed of the crank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

My Build http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=118649
XxGRYMMxX is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived XxGRYMMxX!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-11-2020, 11:34 PM   #272
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

RatFighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:33 PM
Flip Offs: 190
Flipped Off 111 Times in 48 Posts
RatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Motohorho is actually where I got the mounting idea from, the ignition trigger wheel is robust enough, and has a keyway, to handle welding up a bit of machining handy work to it that sticks through a brearing that will be in place of the slotted inspection plug. Blower drive strait from the crank, long bolt to hold it all on, easiest way to do it.

As far as the throttle body, after reading a little more, I think I was going about it the way that it was outlined in the rather old publication that I was reading years and years ago... having the butterflies between blower and engine (with the appropriate bypass valve) would indeed be the way to go. I figure there is enough supercharged GSXR's out there to pull info from with the way they do it with EFI and a supercharger. Not having to run a big old car throttle body would definitely make packaging this stuff a lot easier. I really was going at this the old school way like the drag guys did back in the day. Fuel injection has made this a completely different ball game.

Timing gear:

I'm also running a belt tensioner and if need be, an idler pulley as well. It is about 36 inches of belt, but, it fits in the frame on that side, and puts the blower in a position that inlet and outlet as well as mounting isn't a problem, so, off to machine up a bunch of shit, order pulleys and get a final measurement for the belt, and start fabricating engine mounting parts.

Toni (motohorho) built Cruel Handjob, and his solutions for running a supercharger were really the best way to go about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihammer View Post
Looking at this Large Hadron Collider of a vehicle, I am starting to think the little bastard may have been on to something...
RatFighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived RatFighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-12-2020, 11:04 AM   #273
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Really surprised to see these smooth belts vs ribbed belts. An automotive style roots blowers you only see smooth belts on places where pop-off valves are a good idea. You'll get a smooth belt instead of ribbed in Marine applications where the engine lives in an enclosure and setting a smooth belt to slip at certain boost levels is how you control over-charging in place of a pop-off.

Are the screw just so smooth compared to a lobe style blower that it doesn't pulse and slip? Or is it just the smaller sizes in general that makes smooth belts possible? Ribbed belts are noisy as fuck.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-17-2020, 02:02 PM   #274
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

RatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

It's mainly the availability that drives the decision to use a smooth belt, measuring a bunch of timing belts and finding appropriate size pulleys for the application just seems like a process I would rather go after long down the road. As well as that, I figure tuning and initial testing would go smoother if there is some slip to the belt should anything go awry and cause issue when the throttle is closed. At this point, the cheaper the better.

My stupid ass couldn't resist temptation and bought a '98 E39 BMW 528i that needed some work to daily for the time being while I prep a pretty hot 350ci and 4 speed to drop into it... that's a cage fighter thread for the future though. Planning on going to a burnout comp that happens annually just north of where I grew up, and mop the floor with the competition that usually shows up with drift cars and pickup trucks. A car built specifically (like the Aussies) to destroy tires has been on the bucket list for longer than I want to admit to.

Even dumber of me, maybe not? I bought a '06 Buell Ulysses XB12X. I miss having a "put a leg over and ride", daily rider... the 650 was supposed to be that. Oops. I've never had a Harley or a Buell, and I have fond memories of my dad bike shopping and the decision coming down to either a Ulysses, or, a V-Strom 1000... he bought the Suzuki, but, I think he may have been happier with the Buell. I suppose I'll find out what the obsession with the XB series is, come spring time. Perfect machine to enjoy, or turn over to a good friend that isn't terribly enthusiastic about his '06 Yamaha TW200... but is already loving the Buell in the shop. If I'm not thrilled with the 1200, I'll swap for a 200.

Quote:
Looking at this Large Hadron Collider of a vehicle, I am starting to think the little bastard may have been on to something...
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-17-2020, 03:44 PM   #275
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here

i have a 2000 e39 528i. i know those cars like the back of my hand (my shop specializes in Euro and BMW is probably the most common brand I work on). hit me up if you need any info when youre patching it up.

Quote:
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

These people High Fived XxGRYMMxX!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-17-2020, 11:56 PM   #276
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:33 PM
Flip Offs: 45
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month 

Ok this is fucking cool.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived mcantar!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-18-2020, 01:04 AM   #277
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Cool deal with the Buell. I'm also not a bog fan, but would like to try one out. And I feel you on the " throw a leg over and ride bike". I picked up a FZ07 for this purpose and have not regretted it at all. Though I have to admit I don't build like I used to now.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-23-2020, 12:20 AM   #278
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGRYMMxX View Post
i have a 2000 e39 528i. i know those cars like the back of my hand (my shop specializes in Euro and BMW is probably the most common brand I work on). hit me up if you need any info when youre patching it up.
Did the coolant bleeding thing, got heat kicking out of the vents, it started to snow and my brother came over so we "ran to the store" (as far as the woman was concerned) and I got a hell of a street drifting session in with it (reminding myself why I weld ALL the differentials in my trucks and cars ), found that indeed there is no rear brake function, yikes... been a good 13 years since I had a rear wheel drive 6 cylinder car this bad.

I'm not sure that with the electrical issues, and the goofball shit Germany does when they design a car, that I'll really go much farther with it as it is, but if anything specific pops up I'll be sure to drop a line and ask some questions. As far as I'm concerned though, there isn't much left to do with it aside from a few more shakedowns and then get to stripping the good stuff to sell, and toss the rest in the scrap heap in favor of getting on with the 350 swap as soon as it warms back up in the north.

I do have to say though, this engine is an animal! Makes my (tuned) Toyota 5M and 7M's feel like total dogs by comparison. I wish I was more into the German stuff as this thing pulls so hard. Making all sorts of shapes in a strait line in freezing drizzle, and no matter the gear or the speed, it'll hang the rear end out consistently on an on ramp in the wet without a question about it. Why these cars aren't more common in the drift scene is a mystery to me, feels like a big Lexus/Toyota sedan, but, not sloppy or cheap. Even the steering angle allows some really bold moves to be pulled without running out of angle before a correction can be made.

Quote:
Ok this is fucking cool.
That was my first thought when I finally pulled the 900 frame out of storage and started pulling a tape measure across things. The fact that I've been eyeing up the AMR superchargers for years, and finally have a suitable application for one, seems a match made in the mind of a mad man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
Cool deal with the Buell. I'm also not a bog fan, but would like to try one out. And I feel you on the " throw a leg over and ride bike". I picked up a FZ07 for this purpose and have not regretted it at all. Though I have to admit I don't build like I used to now.
It got to the same point for me, I guess over a decade of inhaling aluminum and steel dust, welding smoke, and burnt rubber finally got to me and I wanted an easy bike. The more I poke around the Buell though, the less interest I'm having in it, and the more interest I'm having in the TW200... the same is happening with my buddy that owns the TW... he traded off a Sportster for it and has regretted it since, and the Buell is pretty much everything the Sporty wasn't, so I get the feeling I'll end up building a little trail/stunt bike out of the tee-dub for the sake of having something on the level of my brothers road legal '01 XR100 supermoto I was rocking the weekend cruise nights with last summer. Tossing a leg over that thing and then riding 4th gear sitdown coasters at 35-40mph in traffic (the tuner car guys were loving it) emboldened my stupid ass to get a better setup with a handbrake so I can actually drag bar and do seat standers.

So, an update on the 650/900 swap. I finally got the shop cleared up again, my C30 project is off to the side, the BMW is obviously done enough to get out of the way as well and back into the driveway, and I found a buyer for the majority of the 650 crap I don't need anymore, so, it's back to getting the 900 roller on stands again and start making rear engine mount plates, get some measurements, and build the front engine mounts/cage (yes, cage, it's the only way to describe the structure that needs to be fabricated to utilize the stock front mounts of the engine and frame) so I can finalize the engine/supercharger/chain/belt positions.

Once everything is fitted and finalized, the next step involves cutting the bottom out of one of the two junk 900 tanks I have and utilizing the real estate that isn't spoken for by intake and supercharger, to fit up the fuel system. I've got an aeromotive rising rate fuel pressure regulator, a Walbro pump, and a few other things from my ventures with turbocharging over the years so I can just pluck some stuff off the shelf and get to the gritty fabrication part of this mess. Making a fuel tank may end up being a bit more complicated than originally intended, and have a bit less capacity than originally planned, but, with the space between engine and rear suspension I may be able to fit at least 2.5 gallons at the bare minimum, hoping for 3.2-4 though as that'll be enough to hang with the liter bike guys between fill ups range wise. At this point in the planning and measuring, fuel will be midship on the bike though, and running some baffling in the tank to keep fuel slosh to a minimum will make for one very balanced bike in the long run of it all. I'm starting to feel like this thing will be a masterpiece, a culmination of years of working it out the hard way. Building a bike is like a game of chess, if you aren't thinking a few steps ahead, you are bound to run into something you didn't foresee could be an issue.

*Edit*
My brother bought a plasma cutter, so as soon as I have measurements, I can have things sorted out and fitted in quite a quick fashion. The old grind, mill, sand, drill, and grind some more is a thing of the past. Thank fuck for that. I'm sick and tired of listening to a grinder whizzing away while an air compressor blasts my conscious to smithereens as I concentrate on not eating away too much material. Not to mention the cost of cutoff wheels and flap disks was getting to a point it was starting to outweigh NOT having a plasma cutter. Onward and upward.

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-23-2020, 04:04 PM   #279
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFighter View Post
I weld ALL the differentials in my trucks and cars ), Post some pics if you do that to the BMW. been curious about that.

been a good 13 years since I had a rear wheel drive 6 cylinder car this bad.

not bad right?

I do have to say though, this engine is an animal! Makes my (tuned) Toyota 5M and 7M's feel like total dogs by comparison. I wish I was more into the German stuff as this thing pulls so hard. Making all sorts of shapes in a strait line in freezing drizzle, and no matter the gear or the speed, it'll hang the rear end out consistently on an on ramp in the wet without a question about it. Why these cars aren't more common in the drift scene is a mystery to me, feels like a big Lexus/Toyota sedan, but, not sloppy or cheap. Even the steering angle allows some really bold moves to be pulled without running out of angle before a correction can be made.

they do a whole lot with the 197 HP Bimmer claims. Ive been wqaiting for the right E46 to drop into my lap. the 3.0 i6 turbo in the later e46s puts out 300HP and 300lb/ft. mucho fun in the snow and the AWD is pretty good too.

Quote:

This user High Fived XxGRYMMxX!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes