DIY, Homemade Media Blasting Cabinet - Page 14 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Tools

Streetfighter Tools Discussion about the tools you use to build and modify your streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > DIY, Homemade Media Blasting Cabinet

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-03-2012, 07:21 PM   #131
endo
The Soft Serve Enigma
endo's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:00 AM
Flip Offs: 73
Flipped Off 96 Times in 82 Posts
endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - Most Complete Theme 
Default Re: DIY Blasting Cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Geek View Post
This should be merged with up2l8's thread. Keep all these pics/info in the same place.
Was already working on it when you posted

Project Redefyned 7/11

If I have to explain, you won't understand.
RIP Michele "MadMadame" Monroe, 30Apr80-24Mar12
RIP Gavin "Greencheezeeta" Butts, 5Oct83-8Sep09
endo is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived endo!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-04-2012, 12:35 AM   #132
SabreV45
Mad Sconnie

CF Pimp
SabreV45's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:00 AM
Flip Offs: 243
Flipped Off 85 Times in 32 Posts
SabreV45 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SabreV45 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SabreV45 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SabreV45 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SabreV45 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SabreV45 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SabreV45 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SabreV45 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SabreV45 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SabreV45 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SabreV45 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: DIY, Homemade Media Blasting Cabinet

I really need to build one of these since I'm getting my blasting setup all hooked up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFighter
By the riders and for the riders, streetfighters we are and united we will stand.
"The Lone Sabre" Build - 84 Sabre (Sold)
"Bastard Child Hybrid" Build - XS / FZR
"The Maggot" - 82 CX500
SabreV45 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived SabreV45!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-04-2012, 05:51 AM   #133
Freestyle72
Fighterer
Flip Offs: 9
Flipped Off 7 Times in 6 Posts
Freestyle72 is making some friendsFreestyle72 is making some friendsFreestyle72 is making some friends

Stupid question, but I have to ask because I don't know...

Are you guys using a tank like this to put your blasting media in?
http://www.princessauto.com/pal/prod...re-Sandblaster

If not then what the hell are you putting it in?
Freestyle72 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-04-2012, 01:08 PM   #134
Racing Geek
lb/hp is what it's about!
Racing Geek's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 168
Flipped Off 83 Times in 73 Posts
Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Scavenger Hunt 

The blast cabinets in this thread use a siphon tube to suck the media from the bottom of the cabinet. That's why they have pyramid shaped bottoms.

I know the picture is small but you can see the differences here.
Racing Geek is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Racing Geek!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-04-2012, 04:19 PM   #135
up2L8
Ridin' Dirty
up2L8's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 298
Flipped Off 90 Times in 54 Posts
up2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond repute

exactly what geek said.

You don't use a tank like that unless it's like a walk in blasting room. most all cabinets feed from the bottom of the cabinet.

ZX6R Streetfighter, sold to brother, on hold while away with military

KXF300exc Dirtfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift1313 View Post
Everyone knows dirt riders make the best street riders. If you aint slidin, you aint ridin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michjohnny View Post
ground up build. there will be alota blood sweat and beers in this one .
up2L8 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-01-2012, 09:50 PM   #136
Phillips
NoObie
Noobie
Local Time: 08:00 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Phillips is a NOOB
Question Re: DIY, Homemade Media Blasting Cabinet

I was thinking about building a cabinet out of metal until I saw yours!! Excellent piece of work. So I kind of made one similar to yours. It is all good except for the siphon. It does not work very well even at 100psi. I have the same gun, hose and pickup tube like yours and mounted in a like place. It seems to pack up with the black silica I am using.

Hope some one here can help me with this problem.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!
Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-01-2012, 10:21 PM   #137
JaCkHoLe
The Handy Man
Fighter
JaCkHoLe's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 3 Times in 1 Post
JaCkHoLe is a glorious beacon of lightJaCkHoLe is a glorious beacon of lightJaCkHoLe is a glorious beacon of lightJaCkHoLe is a glorious beacon of lightJaCkHoLe is a glorious beacon of lightJaCkHoLe is a glorious beacon of lightJaCkHoLe is a glorious beacon of lightJaCkHoLe is a glorious beacon of lightJaCkHoLe is a glorious beacon of lightJaCkHoLe is a glorious beacon of light

On mine I Actually cut the end of the pickup tube off at a steep angle and faced it up so the media would fall into it better. I also did this mod to the gun:
http://garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88862
Mine blasts great
JaCkHoLe is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Tools