Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Madman and Bonez 2013 Garagehouse bachlorpad.

45K views 308 replies 43 participants last post by  Madman_crazy 
#1 ·
Decided to start this here on my phone, and will go from there on the rest of it. Working on uploading pictures from 4 different phone to my photo bucket account so it may take a few hours before the ball is really rolling on this one. Short side of this intro will be this, we had a nice 1,200sq ft house with a 1,700 as ft garage. And my buddies dead brothers cunt of an ex got herself an expensive lawyer and had us evicted. Looking back on the monster of a house we are building now. May have been the best thing to happen to us. Even though the garage at this new place is about to fall over. It's a single car shack, and the new house is only 820 sq ft. We are remaking the house as we see fit.

#2 ·
So Im gonna start here just so that you know the caliber of people that where living in this house before we bought it. Obviously the place had some druggies, some squatters, and some druggie squatters...

Well, this is the house...

The back yard and part of the "garage"(now a storage area).

Another shot of the "garage" looking from the back door of the house.

This here nifty fence board driftwood trim was a nice touch...

And whoever it was, was a master at drywall patching, this is how its done right? And notice the daylight in the crack through the roof.

They also destroyed a load bearing wall for this weird stupid bar thing.

Bathroom has some nice homely touches to it as well. the normal bathtub that used to be in there I guess wasn't good enough. needed a shower stall floor, that was on railroad ties.

Last night at the old house. taking down our sacred lights.

Just about got the house cleaned out so I can start securing all the broken windows. Doors, and start moving our stuff in.

Some of our first days in the house before we got the new roof on it.

Not really sure whats going on here. just ripped it off and replaced it anyways. fuck it.

We decided it was time to just zero out the house and start fresh. New plumbing, new electrical, new drywall. everything.

Got some temporary power running.

To say we have our work cut out for us is to say the least here.

#5 ·
Well I have a lot to adjust today but I wanna add it in segments. so im working on that now and probably will be for the next few hours, keep checking back in. this shit does get stupid and interesting when I start getting up to current affairs of the last 2 week or so.

#4 ·
So got the windows boarded up. and new entry doors on the front and back of the house. and next came the huge $120 tarp for the roof while we waited for the roof we ordered to be processed and shipped to us.

Well of course the tarp wasn't even on the roof for a week before we had a huge ass windstorm that about ripped the frame of the house apart after turning the tarp into a wind sail.

Ripped off part of the back of the roof, ended up having to replace it, and the wiring to both my security cameras in the back because it pulled them all apart inside.

#6 ·
So, next to come was to replace all the old ass wiring in this place. the tweekers fucked a lot of it up to begin with. so when we moved in and got it turned on, we had some issues. only one outlet in one of the back rooms worked, and like 3 overhead lights, including a ceiling fan in the kitchen that would short out if you passed gas in its general direction. So we so far I think have about $1,400 into the electrical in the house as it sits now, mind you this is only an 820 SQ Ft. house... So I decided to go overboard. brand new electrical panel, all new wiring, and decided to set up all the breakers and wiring the way I wanted. So everything in the house is segregate. each room has its own breaker just for its outlets, and I ran all the interior lights off of one breaker and all the exterior lights off of another breaker. We decided to up the anty on the LED lighting outside, anyone who remembers the green and blue from our last house is gonna shit their pants when they see what I thought up for this place. Multicolored computer controlled programmable RGB LED lighting that is going to wrap all the way around the house. upgraded everything in the house to LED as well. In home security with wires all pre ran, as well as in home networking. I thought ahead on all of this shit to minimize wires being everywhere like they usually are in our houses.

To start with, this old ass fuse panel box that ran the entire 4 circuits in the house had to go.

And got replaced with this 150 AMP 16 slot super breaker box.

Another shot I took of it after installing the main breaker, which reminds me. home depot is fucking retarded. they sell all these nice ass boxes and shit. and stock the normal 15-20-and 30 amp breakers, but the motherfuckers don't sell the main disconnect breakers, ended up having to jump on fleabay and order another on. which somehow managed to be on a train that got derailed. so the wait time on it was over the top. but it worked out cause the ebay store that sold it to me noticed and sent me a second one for free. really nice Murray/Seimens box though.

First thing to get brought up here and set up was my security system. that was a must.

First few outlets to go in to temporarly power the house so we can see and work to get the overhead lighting done.

Ans started running new wiring next to old wiring so the changover from the old house grid to mine, would only take a few minutes and a few wires.

Sooo, im not gonnna get too much into this, but lets just say I hate chris sometimes, I hate him and all 13 fucking outlets in oddball places he wanted in his room for various LED lighting and such, also making me add switches to some of them. was a fucking pain in the ass.

Our first central heating system... lol

After that it was time to make a "clean romm" of sorts for all our electronics. my room got nominated for that.

Then it was time to make some noise.

#7 ·
And it was about this time that we ran across this $4,200 jacuzzi bathtub that we couldn't live without.... we sorta impulse bought it for $900 and didn't really think it through. to say the least, some walls had to be removed to get it into the bathroom.

And totally neglected the fact that our toilet still didn't work... but the bathtub issue was solved at least.

What my room had evolved into for a while. glad we didn't have an earthquake.

In our house, privacy is totally important... HAHAHA

Nice thing about a desert house with holes everywhere, you become one with nature.

about this time I started working on the power to the bedrooms, and stopped all progress on the house really fast ofter some asshole had the brilliant idea to hook up the computers.

#8 ·
And the we started on the framework. when we got here at first, my bedroom was a lot smaller than it is now, the hallway used to connect to my room, then there was a cupboard and one of my closets up against one wall, and another half closet between my room and chrises room. After checking the structure of the house, I decided I didn't need either of them. so the hallway got a little bit shorter and my room ate part of it. and made this strange zig zag corner into chrises bedroom now, I also got rid of my little halfy closet and gave that space to chris and framed in the door on my side, and we kicked out the divider wall between them. he will have to upload his pics of all that at some time, this so far is just everything I have documented into this project, and there are still a lot of holes in some of the progress.

Rough floor plan, not even close to spec. but a rough idea of what we have done.

Before.

After.

#10 ·
and some of the pics of strange framework. not everything in that floor plan is done yet but that gives you a good idea of what our end product is gonna be.

Central heater we "liberated" from our old house installed in the new one.

We also have all the ducting, which I had to run as well.

Our first lumber stack in the corner of the livingroom, sometime shortly after we first moved in.

Changing some outlet layouts in my room.

Adding beams from where my old closet by the front door was.

All the grouped wiring for the security, internet, home network, and LED controller in my room.

Framing in the closet between my room and chrises room.

The piece to close in my wall from the hallway.

And fitted, contrete screwed to the floor, the works.

#11 ·
And onto my overhead lighting and bed projects. gonna start with the lighting.

I decided when I made the final choice to paint my room black with red trim, that I was going to need better lighting in my bedroom. these are the colors im running with.

I have always hated light fixtures that hang out of the ceiling like fucking boogers.
so went to home depot and spent $250 on recessed cans and 4 LED recessed bulbs with trim on them. went from one 60 watt LED equivilant, to four 75 watt equivilant recessed lights.

They came out really nice, measured them out and put a lot of effort into them.

And after this, I decided I needed a digital dimmer because it may have been a little bit too much.

Me playing with one of my new TVs

And like every other house in our area, have some strange foundation issue, this one being the most peculiar. the outer foundation isn't falling off, the inner side is raising up, I checked it house is still square and level.

Sooo, this area is where my custom bed frame is going to be built and installed at.

And in my normal fashion, I cant make a regular normal bed frame.
and this is why. Anyone who has been in a decent iMax theater has felt the seats rumbling... that's because they have bass shakers mounted at the ends of the rows. well I picked up 4 of them for my bed.

And I bought myself a newer yamaha amp. So using my old Phillips amp in quad stereo mode to drive those suckers.

Speaking of new toys, check out my 3 new Burning lasers.

And the start of my bed frame. there is a 3" difference in height to mage it level. looks kinda off. but I like laying flat. and there was about a good 2 hour argument on how to build it in which I wont because its my fucking bed.

Its overbuilt to the max. a total of 14 2X4s, over 200 2 1/2" wood screws, and a half a of big bottle of wood glue. I wanted to make sure it was secure and didn't rattle considering I was mounting the bass shakers to the inner rails and the bass shakers put out 30 Ft. Lbs of force when cranked up to the max.

Fully assembled and ready to be permanently screwed to the wall and concrete screwed to the floor.

All done. time to mount the bass shakers and cut down the plywood for the top.

Came out good, amp and everything else is mounted under the bad. still hae to run power to the two outlets im installing on the bed frame and the one that will be installed in the bed frame for the amp.

#12 ·
I forgot to add that we did do the roof long before most of this stiff got done. sometime after we started the electrical. but will add it anyways.

Old roof had some serious holes in it.

We where concerned at first when the trailer showed up. this is our entire roof, screws, roof jack for the heater vent, and ridge cap. didn't seem like enough and normans math was fucking me up. thought we only had half of it till li looked further into it.

The retards that we are, started this project about 2 hours before sunset.

But, it moved along pretty fast.

Less than 8 hours from our start, we where finished, came out pimp as fuck.

LED multicolored lights are really really bright.

#13 ·
And up to most current affairs. Bike parking has been pretty well established.

And forgot to mention we are on the top of the hill now and have one hell of a view overlooking the town and the lake bed. ignoring all the trash that now isn't there.

Tools and everything have already made it into the house, and all of the bikes have already made it in and out at some point.

How the house was looking there for a while before I freaked out and let my OCD get the best of me, and I cleaned it. and also this is the first pic of my 87 600 hurricane.

Also hooked up some of the multicolor light strips and got my computer all hooked in and started playing with them a little, this is just a taste of whats to come.

Finally got far enough along on the electrical and the fact that we now have a roof, decided it was time to insulate and begin drywall. could only finish part of chrises room for now.

Nice having the right tools for the job too.

Went up pretty fast. got as far ad chrises back wall, ceiling, and the other back wall.

Then had to move everything out of my room into his room, move that goddamn heavy ass tub we bought from the kitchen to its final location in the bathroom, then got started with all the hallway framework I posted earlier, then began drywalling my room. Insulating around those lights is kind of a bitch.

starting to look like my room.

Getting so close I can taste it.

The difference in lighting. both chrises room on the left and my room on the right with the dimmer all the way up.

Working now on finalizing wiring. and drywalled in my bedframe and getting my outles all done up. and the square holes in both are rooms are for evaporative coolers... that are way too big as well. both of us have 7,500CFM master cools going in our rooms on thermostats. for an 820 SQ. FT. house... and we are talking about adding another to the other side of the house as well just in case we have another 130F summer.

My cooler thermostat wiring.

Finished for now, spiffy.

Now time to tackle the home networking and all the rest of the bullshit I have to wire on the wall where my desk goes.

Starting the networking jack, which is a bitch to do by hand.

Finished there.

Time to make my own custom shorty networking wires for my router.

First one done and tested, works good.

This fucking home depot door/frame was warped. and was an asshole.

had to shim the piss out of it.

After ALOT of cussing, and tearing the whole prebuilt frame apart and rebuilding it. and swapping the door to the other side of the frame, works great.

And my end result now as it currently sits, TVs all wall mounted. stereo and computer hooked up, subwoofer bed tied in network is up and running, and my camera on display on the upper right hand screen. Movies in my room will never be the same again.

#15 ·
#17 ·
Devils armpit, officially known as Trona, CA. about an hour and a half from Death Valley, 45 minutes if you have a quick bike.

#19 ·
Na they don't knock shit over out here...
Shit burns or gets stripped for all it's worth...
Last time this place was sold was for 3k
That was b4 all the Tweekers got to it and it was in 1/2 decent shape...
Land is pretty fooken cheap here...
Cause it's hot, ain't too pretty unless your fucked in the head like us...
And only 3 places to work out here....

But on the flip side there are only 3 cops...
And they are fairly chill 90% of the time

#21 ·
Alrighty, that works. lost my lighter. think I may have resort to a laser if I don't melt my face off. and im off to bed soon I think.

#26 ·
The back road to LV is fookin beautiful...
And just opened back up last Fri...
There are pics of how fucked up it got in our build thread
We were ganna ride it last weekend to see how big the dirt patches are now
But the temp dropped and the wind kicked up
Was in the mid 70's all week b4 that...haha sorry to the rest of ya stuck in blizzards

But ya we really are in BFE
Do our shopping 22 miles away

As the house moves along some of our plans change up
And get a little more out there
We just don't like to do anything "normal"
And we should be updating a lil bit here in the next few days

#27 ·
And I'm here to report more retarded epic ideas coming into play on the house. Electromagnetic door locks, RFID keyless entry, battery backups, and studio grade sound deadening material in the interior walls. Pics will show up as these things come together. Still in planning stages now. But it's all going to happen.

#29 ·
Your closet is about the only other thing I can really touch. And of course I cant do the connecting wall till the foam comes in, speaking of which we need some super 77. But I'll see what I can get done. May go get the drywall jack again when I drop off the floor jack tomorrow. Get the ceiling finished first. Go from there so I can get your outlets installed and energized. Then if you want, go get your bed and get your computer and Shit back up and running. Can't really mess with any other part of the house till the rest of the electrical is ran, and I have to pull down one of my walls for some of these changes we are making. We also really need a fish tape cause I'm not pulling down my ceiling. Fuck that...

#30 ·
I'll see if I can grab a can. Or 2 of 3m spray
And I'll get the jack back this weekend
I'll try and move some shit around in the room Fri so u can vet to the other half
And I can see how the room is ganna look...
I started drawing up the bed...very basically and prob ganna take some explaining...
But can prob start picking up lumber n paint next week
Discuss it with you after I get up

We can knock out all but that back wall and prob get started on the roof in the bathroom this weekend..
Need to finalize the bathtub so I can get stuff delivered in April...lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.