Ironhead hardtail project - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Chopper Discussion

Chopper Discussion All discussions about choppers go in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Ironhead hardtail project

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-14-2019, 12:21 PM   #11
tldave
CF Addict
tldave's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:03 AM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 71 Times in 42 Posts
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Ironhead hardtail project

there's a 53 BMW frame near me for pennies with no paperwork.

https://harrisburg.craigslist.org/mp...954189545.html
tldave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-14-2019, 12:24 PM   #12
tldave
CF Addict
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

just saw this, someone should grab it

https://york.craigslist.org/mcy/d/pe...956425945.html
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-14-2019, 03:30 PM   #13
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Thanks for the links. The BMW with no paperwork doesn't really get me ahead much, but the Suzuki would be perfect. I'm not sure how far away from York I am. If it was local I'd knab that today.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-15-2019, 01:59 PM   #14
tldave
CF Addict

had no clue where you were in PA, just figured that zuk is a good buy regardless. i want to find something not BMW to put in the frame just because. would love to build something ultra simple and old.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-15-2019, 02:23 PM   #15
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tldave View Post
had no clue where you were in PA, just figured that zuk is a good buy regardless. i want to find something not BMW to put in the frame just because. would love to build something ultra simple and old.
I'm in Roanoke area VA actually. And when I saw York in the link I thought it was York County VA. I'm just a few hours from you. And your BMW link is actually a bunch of KZ stuff Internetting is hard on an old phone.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-15-2019, 04:02 PM   #16
tldave
CF Addict

I didn't link the bmw, cause no paper, I was just mentioning it wistuflly. I didn't know you were in roanoke.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-15-2019, 04:04 PM   #17
tldave
CF Addict

https://asheville.craigslist.org/mpo...935487693.html
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-31-2019, 08:27 AM   #18
tldave
CF Addict

someone up here in DC keeps trying to give away a titled magna with crust carbs, which actually used to run, for 300 obo

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/...964071082.html
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-31-2019, 10:02 AM   #19
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 10:03 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post

Really don't want to spoil the lines of the hardtail, but considering something similar to this to gain a bit of suspension out back. Not with the modern look, of course.
It kinda died a death back around ten years ago when people realised full suspension was much more useful, but there once was a fad for "softtail" bicycles as a halfway house between a hardtail and a full suspension bike. The top of the seat stays held a shock absorber (often just an elastomer so on a moto, a bump stop might work) and the rear wheel was able to move just due to compliance in the materials. They were often made of titanium as steel is heavy and aluminium doesn't last long with fatigue.

No clue if the concept could be durable enough for a motorcycle. But maybe if you built the chain stays out of leaf springs they'd be laterally stiff enough?

Just spitballing.

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Chopper Discussion