Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

MK2 B6 swapped for GSXR1000 rear shock

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  onesight1 
#1 ·
Currently have a Mk2 B6, with a 1200 swinger..... not too sure which dog bones i'm using, but I'm gonna have to say the B6's.

Anyways, I read online and many people said a 2003 CBR600rr rear shock goes in, but snug. This is inaccurate, The cylinder reservoir hits the Mk2's frame pretty badly. It will require frame alterations.

I don't want to make the same mistake twice... so maybe somebody with experience can personally reach out and answer my question. Will a GSXR1000 2007-2008 fit? Will it drop or increase the tail height? Its hard to search while using a phone... theres little infor on the GSXR1000 and Mk2 b6 swap, people just recommend the BUSA shock (which i am open to the idea).. If i went with hayabusa, What year would be best for Mk2? I don't really wanna change the tail height too drastic.

most information I come across pertains for Mk1's, not Mk2's.

Sorry for the question I'm sure is asked her 100's times a year.:oops: I promised I searched.

Also, when buying the shock, I just need the shock? or do i also need the linkages and crap

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.