Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

F4iFlyBy's Project REDWNGZ Discussion thread

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  929_adam 
#1 ·
So do I just put pictures in the build thread and only descriptions or notes on what I'm doing is supposed to go here?

Well,

>Got a VRod headlight
>bellypan from European Streetfighter should be here in a couple days
>thinking about doing a wrap finish instead of repainting
>db bars - don't have yet
>hohey triple - don't have yet
>already have the 929 forks, discs, and wheel
>need calipers and master cylinder - I do need to change master cyl right???
>Got another special idea planned for which I know how to design but haven't figured out how the hell to transfer it to steel or aluminum

Always open to help and suggestions

Novice builder here, like the intro in the entry thread said, this is just me doing what I want to do with what I've got.

See less See more
#6 ·
Stick, you might as well ride up to NC and help me out with this thing. Bring a bike, there's a little shop space left.

I haven't really thought about what I'm going to do with the stock rim. Seems that selling it would be option #1 as I can't really think of a reason to keep it after the forks are swapped.

#9 ·
Thinking of powdercoating the 929 forks. Thought about polishing them but they have a few deep scratches that I wouldn't be able to polish out. Thinking about chrome powdercoating (quite common on car parts) but also thinking about either black chrome, gloss black, or flat black.

I'm thinking having chrome on the forks and nowhere else might not look right. Too unbalanced.

As far as gloss black, there's no other gloss black on the bike and when it comes to flat black that would match the frame and wheels but that would be a lot of flat black.

I could powdercoat both wheels and the forks the same color for a more balanced look.

Opinions welcome, just brainstorming here.

#10 ·
New Years Pics:

These forks were a bitch to polish. I've polished some Showa's on another bike and they were way easier. It was like Hiroshi dumped some Tungsten in the mix when the AL alloy was being made. Lathe marks were deep but whatever they got done. Was noticing a friend's M109R and his forks would almost be cake to polish.

They bellypan was in shit shape when I got it. Chewed up looking on the edges like dental molding. Had to bondo the hell out of it. Came from a forum sponsor so I don't feel like slamming them any further or by name.

The potato gun will shoot a golf ball out of sight on acetylene. A proper mixture in the chamber will put a potato through OSB. A clean hole through an unbroken board.

Powdercoat and FI risers are pretty self explanatory.

Bought a couple tail sections on ebay last night, planning on saving that for last.

Right now I'm debating on powdercoating the wheels gloss black or red. I was thinking of black with red stripes but thought full red wheels might be worth it to make the bike a more obvious and noticeable custom. Red wheels with gold calipers though IDK.

#11 ·
hey dood. just so you know. you can talk as much as you want in your build thread. its just OTHER people arent supposed to. discussion forums are for them.

feel free to describe everything with your pics!

and yes, love the Hohey setup!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.