Zweihammer’s “PreSkool” time out - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2019 Winter Build-off > 2019 Winter Build-off Build Discussion Threads

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Zweihammer’s “PreSkool” time out

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-05-2019, 01:53 PM   #31
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:52 PM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 20 Times in 19 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus
Default Re: Zweihammer’s “PreSkool” time out

Late to the game here. You will need a scavenge pump on that setup from the looks of it, on the oil drain for the turbo. Gravity drain only works if the centerline (at minimum) of your CHRA is above the oil level in the engine, and it looks like yours is not. Without a scavenge pump you'll have oil pooling and it will smoke like a diesel locomotive.

The other thing that will either make it smoke like hell or dry up and die is your feed line restrictor. I like this kind: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vpe-10287
Put the biggest one in and let it idle up to operating temp. If it starts to smoke swap out the next size smallest restrictor, repeat until no smoke. You can get or make different sized inserts other than the 2 it comes with, or run without an insert if appropriate for your turbo and oil pressure.

Also make sure you pull your feed line from a good spot. Ideally downstream of the head. Not sure where specifically that engine would like it pulled from, but I'm sure there are lubrication diagrams out there that would shed light on it if you can't find any solid info from others that have tread this path before you with this engine.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived mcantar!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-05-2019, 01:56 PM   #32
mcantar

CF Pimp
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus

Also in your old thread (that I just checked up on, and it led me here ) you mentioned wanting an intercooler.
What boost pressure are you looking at running?

Turbo Busa v1.1
Quote:
This user High Fived mcantar!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-05-2019, 04:22 PM   #33
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:52 PM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post

Also make sure you pull your feed line from a good spot. Ideally downstream of the head. Not sure where specifically that engine would like it pulled from, but I'm sure there are lubrication diagrams out there that would shed light on it if you can't find any solid info from others that have tread this path before you with this engine.
can feed from the oil gallery plug below the pick up cover , i'll look for a pic
yantosh is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived yantosh!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-05-2019, 04:25 PM   #34
yantosh

yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

https://www.customfighters.com/forum...ad.php?t=48271
These people High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-05-2019, 05:01 PM   #35
Zweihammer
Misfit

Fighterer
Zweihammer's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:52 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Thanks for the input and info, Mcantar. I tried to put it higher, I couldn’t figure out how to get it under the cooler. I am keeping it simple to keep it going, this particular project has taken long enough. I would like to still be riding when it’s done.
As for an intercooler, that’s another example of my reach overextending my grasp. I will keep it mellow or add some injection while I continue to learn at the feet of the masters.
I am looking at other examples with the scavenge pump drawing out of a small inline sump. Is that just to keep the pump primed?

Sweet pic, Yantosh. That’s the pump I am looking to use, Facet, correct? Are you returning it to the bottom of the cover? Would that keep it primed?

2019 Winter Build Off Bike

2019 Winter Build Off Chit Chat

Bones heal, chicks dig scars, pain is temporary, glory is forever. E. Knievel
Zweihammer is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-05-2019, 05:18 PM   #36
yantosh

that's it feeding back into the bottom of the extended clutch cover, we never had an issue with it, no intercooler 220bhp
This user High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-27-2019, 02:16 PM   #37
mcantar

CF Pimp

Done yet?

Turbo Busa v1.1
Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-11-2019, 02:59 PM   #38
Zweihammer
Misfit

Fighterer
Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Zweihammer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I am getting consumed with work, again. This is usually the point where I hit a wall for a few months or more. Got to keep pushing. I keep buying shit for this, though. Fuel pump, sump pump, more fittings, regulator. Cut out my copper gaskets.

These people High Fived Zweihammer!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-10-2019, 10:04 PM   #39
Zweihammer
Misfit

Fighterer

Okay, I finally got my B12 cylinder block and used ‘Busa pistons to the machinists and the question is, what clearance should we be going for in this application.
To be honest, I have always trusted the machinist to know more than me when I built engines for my cars or trucks. Then again, they were always pretty straight forward. This is my first non stock turbo build, and first oil cooled to boot.
So any recommendations would be appreciated.
Cheers, Zweihammer

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-27-2019, 05:25 PM   #40
ilcylic
Armourer
Noobie
ilcylic is a NOOB

Ooooh! Ooooh! I know! Mount the oil cooler on the forks and run long flexible lines so you can still turn.

--Ogre

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of Man." -- Thomas Jefferson
ilcylic is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2019 Winter Build-off > 2019 Winter Build-off Build Discussion Threads