8K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  Mongoose 
#1 ·
Not much to say. Another XS chop.

Custom hardtail with smaller loop.

0 stretch 3 drop.

I'll update from here.

See less See more
#5 ·
Nice. I still am gonna build an xs one day. Still amazes me how popular they have become in recent years.

#6 ·
glad you are still posting builds, i havent been around for awhile but this is a nice thing to see.

Cant wait to see it finished.

#23 ·
Like the tank bro. I have an xs650 myself I've been working on for a longtime, excited to see another build on here. Subbed

P.s. nice shouldered aluminum wires man, let me know if you ever come across another set

#16 ·
First new shop project in June will be to create a final of this for the XS. It's a sissy/passenger backrest that also serves as a reserve fuel tank. The wassel tank that's going on here is 1.4 gal. Any reserve fuel is a benefit on a chop. It will be grafted to a sectioned wassel duck bill rear fender that's 4.5" width. So it won't look identical, but pretty close.

Will also be finishing up framework and getting tank mounted so I can start working out the linkages and pivots for the tank shifter and foot clutch.

#17 ·
Dude that's fucking RAD. I had no idea people did that with making a reserve tank into a backrest. That's awesome. Hopefully you'll never get shot at from behind you or whoever's riding bitch is gonna go up in flames lol. You got serious skills bub. Looks like you're going with a late 60s or 70s style chopper style judging by the backrest? You gonna paint it something groovy like burnt orange metallic or root beer with gold flake? Looking forward to how this turns out Jammy Jams!

#18 ·
Not sure people do do it. I've never seen one where the rear was at a depth to hold gas before so I figured it would be cool.

I have a friend who is AWESOME at the 70's styled panel paint with the fish scales and lacing and shit. He'll be doing the paint on this one.

I absolutely suck at paint. It's black magic if you ask me. Haha

I'll be sure to update. Glad some people dig the choppy. Should be a fun bike.

#19 ·

This was a tank shift setup I designed for my preunit bonny. I'm thinking something like this that uses bell cranks for the tank shift. It would be small, easy to hide along the frame, easy to maintain and infinitely adjustable.

This one above is, of course, for rh shift.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.