Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Rest In Peace, My Dear Friend, Brady Alistair Wiley

24K views 237 replies 9 participants last post by  oldrider 
#1 ·
On August 20th 2014, my very dear friend Brady died. Brady was one of the kindest, most original and selfless people Ive ever known. He was a genuine rocker through and through. He just got His degree in Criminal Justice about a month prior and His Sister Flora had a wedding date set for the following Saturday. He couldn't have left us at a worse time.

His parents are just the nicest people. I spent quite a bit of time at their house either target shooting with Brady and His Dad, or getting drunk and laughing all night around the bonfire with our friends. He decided not make that fire pit in the backyard the place of His death. I've been in pieces about it and His wake was ROUGH. After the bagpiper left, Bradys Sister came up to me, gave me a big hug and told me that Brady wrote a letter and nthat I was in it. He wrote that He wanted me to come over to His house and keep anything of His that I want. I didn't know what to say.

His Dad is also a fellow rider and He was one of the last people I saw before my crash. I made plans with Him to ride together once I got my bike and my leg. Brady would constantly come see me in the hospital after my crash. It was always great seeing Him? He would wheel me around in my wheelchair and we would roam the hospital chasing pretty Girls and generally having laughs to keep my mind off of my situation. He was there for me at my lowest and darkest point. I have almost no regrets in life, but one of them is surely the fact that I was not there for Him when He was at His lowest and darkest point in life. I love you Brady, and you will be fondly remembered and so sorely missed by everyone who knew you.

See less See more
#5 ·
I'm so sorry to hear man... It's never easy losing anyone, especially a close friend.
RIP Brady

#7 ·
Thank you guys. Its really shitty having this happen. He was the kind of Peron that I would think about what it will be like hanging out with Him 20 years from now. I always wanted the best for Him and would constantly try to push Him to talk to Girls and be spontaneous and wild. Since my crash I've been the exact opposite. A total shut in. But the point is I wanted to see Brady have everything He wanted because He fucking deserved it. He was such an awesome dude that I never harbored any jealous towards Him. Never had an argument with Him, we never had a bad time around each other and I know for a fact that it was like that with every single person He was friends with. I just wanted y'all to know that a guy like that existed in my life and I want everyone to know about Him and the selfless and the life He lived.

#9 ·
So very sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to his family & to you Mark. The roughest time in life, is the time of loss. Keep your memories close & honor him whenever you talk of him & remember him.
Rest in peace Brady....
:emomssmilie:

#17 ·
Thank you Rob, Donna and Charles. I've been wanting to call His parents but I want to make sure I've given them some time to process and grieve. I just don't ever want them to think I've forgotten about Him or something. I think about Him constantly. I miss Him so much. I was pushing pretty hard to sell my GSXR but I've been giving it a lot of thought and I think I'm going to keep it and build it in His honor. Dedicate it to Him somehow. He was Half Scottish so I was thinking of maybe airbrushing His family crest on the tail or naming it after Him in some way. He always considered Himself a lone wolf and told me that a few times in true Brady original rock and roll stoner surfer kinda voice "Nah DOOOD, lone wolf...lone wolf" so I was thinking on calling the bike Lone Wolf. His Dad rides too and I know He would appreciate it. I'd love for Him to ride it when its ready.

#25 ·
His Mom messaged me on Facebook. We've messaged back and forth. I'm going to call soon it just puts knows in my stomach every time I think about it. I don't know what to say. I don't even want to bring up Brady. All I can think to do is small talk with them to keep our minds off of the elephant in the room.

On a good note though I called my case manager tryingnto get answers on financial aid for ignition interlock in my jeep as part of my sentence and She doesn't work there anymore. I should have figured it wasn't Her because someone actually answered the phone this time. The newnlady told me since is already been a year and I got my license reinstated as soon as I got my letter saying it was okay, that I DONT NEED IGNITION INTERLOCK!!! All I have to do is get my truck inspected and I'm back on the road! That means I can just drive myself over there to have dinner and hang out with His parents and their two dogs. Such a massive wright lifted off of me. My only plan before was to borrow my parents truck when they didn't need it to go over there. Now because I was misinformed before, I can go over there whenever I want. FINALLY I caught a break.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.