My Mini - Page 3 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Anything non-motorcycle related goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > My Mini

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-03-2018, 11:41 PM   #21
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:52 AM
Flip Offs: 46
Flipped Off 22 Times in 21 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: My Mini

I'm a big fan of Trijicon for non-magnified or low-magnification optics. Rock solid and the price point isn't awful.

My SBR has a EOTech XPS3 with a 3x flip-to-the-side magnifier... got it long before the issues came to light, and despite the bad press I've never had an issue with it. The two piece setup does take up a bit of rail space though, and it isn't light.

If I were building another... well, anything intended for 50-800m or so... I'd be putting up cash for an ELCAN Specter. Those are the end-all be-all, far as I'm concerned. Dunno what's come about in the last few years but I can tell you that Ranger Bat was issuing the DR 1x/4x on the M4's back in 2014 and I never heard anybody complain about them. I had the M145 version on my 240 and loved it, felt way better than the monster-ACOG I had on the Mk48.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived mcantar!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-04-2018, 01:04 AM   #22
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:52 AM
Flip Offs: 35
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
If I were building another... well, anything intended for 50-800m or so... I'd be putting up cash for an ELCAN Specter. Those are the end-all be-all, far as I'm concerned.
A $2,300 usd scope for my 30-year-old Ranch Rifle isn't going to happen.

The Trijicon scopes I saw were $700-800 usd.

Just don't think I would need or appreciate that level of equipment. Would actually feel like a dick, if I spent big bucks on high-end equipment I don't understand or use.

Having said that, I do kind of like this:

Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-04-2018, 01:19 AM   #23
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Should have posted this, but after shopping around for parts and looking at different Mini-14s, I think I know what I want. Just don't know what to call it.

I don't want a rifle that looks like a hunting rifle.

I don't want a rifle that looks like a tactical rifle.

I want a rifle that's simple, clean, and custom.

(You know the hardware has to be gold titanium nitrided.)

I like that Burris combo scope, but it's too far on the tactical side.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-04-2018, 11:41 AM   #24
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Got an email from Optics Planet.

Scope mount is delayed 16-27 days.

Fuck me again.

Contacted GG&G (the manufacturer). Will see if I can get one faster. Waiting for a response.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-04-2018, 02:22 PM   #25
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

RatFighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:52 AM
Flip Offs: 190
Flipped Off 111 Times in 48 Posts
RatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
Just don't think I would need or appreciate that level of equipment. Would actually feel like a dick, if I spent big bucks on high-end equipment I don't understand or use.

As far back as I remember I've been that way with firearms. When the whole tacticool and CCW thing got huge some years back it was cringe inducing to say the least, every nerdy neckbeard was buying a HiPoint and getting a CCW as if they were going to turn into John Wick the instant things got real. Not to mention the AR variants every single person that had never owned a rifle were "building" out of parts they bought from some big box store online. Simplicity is best in my world when it comes to firearms.

I'm an old school sorta guy, I like iron sights and simplicity. My biological father, when he was in my life when I was a little one, took me out in the woods with single action wheel guns and iron sight long rifles and bead sight shotguns, I just can't get used to a scope at this point after all those years stomping around the woods carrying an old Remington, or S&W.

I had a 10/22 takedown for a few years, always considered doing what you are to the Mini, but never got around to it and tired of hand loading the 25rd mags so I've been back down to my grandpa's Remington 742 Woodsmaster. Awesome brush gun, still looks like day he bought it in '65 from Sears. And it's taken close to 70 deer, and saved his life in an encounter with a black bear. Nothing beats a good old brush gun in the hands of a country boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihammer View Post
Looking at this Large Hadron Collider of a vehicle, I am starting to think the little bastard may have been on to something...
RatFighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived RatFighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-04-2018, 04:25 PM   #26
HickLife
GURU
CF Addict
HickLife's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:52 AM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 10 Times in 9 Posts
HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Iíll throw another vote in for the vortex spitfire, i love mine. My favorite part is that it has a green illuminated reticle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fallen angel build- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=78474

96 vulcan 1500- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=123177

Fallen Angel Build Off Thread- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...73#post2755273

Fallen Angel Build Off Discussion- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...89#post2755289

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_saugerty View Post
Only weak people test the engine. Real brave guys assemble the bike and then tries to start it
HickLife is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived HickLife!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-04-2018, 11:24 PM   #27
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover
TURNIP's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:52 AM
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Yeah, I came here to say that I highly recommend the Vortex Spitfire as an affordable option. I've had one on an AR for two three years now. Solid.

This space intentionally left blank.
TURNIP is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived TURNIP!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-05-2018, 08:44 AM   #28
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 57 Times in 47 Posts
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Slightly off topic, but my next project is a Fightlite SCR. It's a proprietary lower and bolt that uses a Remington 1100 style stock and just about any AR upper. I've never been a fan of the AR ergos. Pistol grip is good, but always preferred the classic styling and more compact feel of a traditional rifle. The SCR delivers that in a cool package... I'll be able to fit an exhibition grade wood stock to the lower, and add one of my fancy uppers. If they get off their asses and push out a 308 version I'd likely end up with 2!

If you've seen a Jesse James "Califas" rifle you've seen an SCR, he just copied them or leased the idea (theirs was out first).

Find me on Facebook at Sebspeed Customs

Float like a Goldwing, sting like a gixxer

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
SEBSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived SEBSPEED!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-05-2018, 10:31 PM   #29
ROBBO
MAJOR FOOKIN' CATASTROPHY
ROBBO's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 643
Flipped Off 1,366 Times in 753 Posts
ROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month Default Medal Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:

Ordered a ProMag Archangel Stock. Should look like this:

Very nice ! Looks 110%

...ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL...
ROBBO' 2009

Quote:

Fucking reaper better fear me.
ROBBO is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived ROBBO!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-05-2018, 11:26 PM   #30
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover
TURNIP's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEBSPEED View Post
Slightly off topic, but my next project is a Fightlite SCR. It's a proprietary lower and bolt that uses a Remington 1100 style stock and just about any AR upper. I've never been a fan of the AR ergos. Pistol grip is good, but always preferred the classic styling and more compact feel of a traditional rifle. The SCR delivers that in a cool package... I'll be able to fit an exhibition grade wood stock to the lower, and add one of my fancy uppers. If they get off their asses and push out a 308 version I'd likely end up with 2!

If you've seen a Jesse James "Califas" rifle you've seen an SCR, he just copied them or leased the idea (theirs was out first).
Check out this AK-based 308 from Finland, really clean.

Edit: Sorry, I'll shut up with the off-topic shit Smoker. Hijack over

This space intentionally left blank.
TURNIP is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived TURNIP!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion