The HyperRetard! - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > The HyperRetard!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-03-2018, 04:25 AM   #31
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:26 AM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: The HyperRetard!

ducati logo works well, I tried the spray foam, to fill gaps in tank buck, then ended up covering the whole thing in packing tape and wax
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-03-2018, 04:35 PM   #32
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:26 PM
Flip Offs: 45
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month 

Problem is it's just a rough shape, I still need to build up some areas and shave down some others, so I need to cover it in something I can manipulate.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-03-2018, 04:50 PM   #33
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Mongoose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:26 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

go buy some titefoam..
Mongoose is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-06-2018, 01:07 PM   #34
vbwstripes
2000 SV650
Fighter
vbwstripes's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
vbwstripes is a good noobievbwstripes is a good noobievbwstripes is a good noobie

The logo looks great. What did you use to cut it out?
vbwstripes is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-06-2018, 02:32 PM   #35
mcantar

CF Pimp
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
go buy some titefoam..
Hmm. I'll have to check it out, looks like it might do what I need. Thanks for the tip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbwstripes View Post
The logo looks great. What did you use to cut it out?
Thanks! Carved out the main area with a 4-flute 1/4" endmill leaving .025" around the perimeter, then cleaned it up with a 4-flute 3/32" and finished out the corners by hand with a triangle file. The outer border was done with a single flute 1/4" x 60 engraver bit.

Turbo Busa v1.1
Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-07-2018, 11:34 PM   #36
ultimate fighter
Remi's Dad
ultimate fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:26 AM
Flip Offs: 1,427
Flipped Off 875 Times in 399 Posts
ultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympus
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

i was expecting more wheelies and burnouts in here...

UF's 2017 winter buildoff MOE POWA
talk about my junk
Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
CB is cool as fuck , proper old skool kick your cunt in for looking at it funny
ultimate fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived ultimate fighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-26-2018, 01:32 AM   #37
mcantar

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate fighter View Post
i was expecting more wheelies and burnouts in here...

Soon..... soon........

So I've been doing a bit of work here and there, ought to be time for an update.

Progress on the number plate. Made a few sizes of perf plates, decided on uh.... think it was 1/8" holes on 1/4" spacing? Whatever, decided on the righthand one here:

Also made up some framework on the backside to provide mounting points for the light and attaching to the bike. Can't seem to find the pics of that, but you can see the rivets along the sides holding it in.

Made up a little mounting bracket to mock it up on the bike, just a rough quickie though. Need to make some time to carve out the necessary bits on the mill. The real deal will sit closer to the forks and a bit higher up.

Might try and knock that out this coming week. Still need to make the little hood for the light and zap that on too.

So in other news. I was riding around and the service light came on, so, service it was given. Did a valve adjustment, new belts, new oil and filter. Kept the plugs and brake/clutch fluids though as I put those in last season.
Good thing I tore it apart too instead of waiting til end of season, two of my valves had broken keepers!

Anyways, I took the opportunity to make the fairings match. Not as pretty as Seb's aircraft theme, but it is aircraft paint. Dehydrated pee yellow!

Just kidding, that's primer. Paint is satin black.

I've had a set of pod filters ready to go on, and haven't done it because the tank is a cunt to take out (because it has to come OUT, not OFF). So I was planning on doing that while I was in there, but another opportunity presented itself.
Someone on one of the Ducati forums just bought a set of fancy velocity stacks and was kind enough to take some measurements before he installed them
They run $350 and supposedly they're good for 10-15HP. So some lathe time was had this week, tag-teamed with a coworker.

Once that was turned out I handed it off to the alodine guy to alodine it.
10 min later it came back a bit more corrosion resistant and looking a bit tarted up too.

Then I stuffed them in these, never to be looked at again.

Now, let's all take a minute and laugh at Ducati's idea of airflow. Here's the stock airbox, that little hole on the right side is the ONLY place that air gets sucked in. At some point a previous owner poked a big hole in the top above the actual filter, copying the DP airbox setup, but even so...

Annnnd here's the new setup:

Bit more breathing room now. Butt-dyno to come tomorrow. I fear I may be a bit lean now, maybe time for a real dyno soon.
PS Mikey, Cookie, I have a 3D model and prints of these stacks if you guys want to have a go at em

Went back together today. Buddy of mine has a vinyl cutter, he cut me some vinyl. Went with one of the older Duc fonts, cause it's better.

New paint, new rubbers, new belts, tightened valves, cleared up intake, some new carbon bits I forgot to picture, new lithium battery I jacked off another bike in the garage.... gonna be a fun weekend.

Turbo Busa v1.1
Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-26-2018, 02:47 AM   #38
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:26 PM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Dude, that is just a cool, fun looking bike all around. Nice choice on the decal font. That looks killer.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-26-2018, 11:02 AM   #39
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:26 PM
Flip Offs: 310
Flipped Off 172 Times in 148 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 

Looking good! Are those the TPO brand stacks?

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived MikeGyver!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-26-2018, 01:58 PM   #40
mcantar

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
Dude, that is just a cool, fun looking bike all around. Nice choice on the decal font. That looks killer.
Thanks!
Definitely one of the most fun bikes I've been on. 1100cc twin that makes most of its power between 3k-5k, 6spd gearbox, full size tires, and weighs 390lbs stock which I'm working on cutting down to around 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGyver View Post
Looking good! Are those the TPO brand stacks?
Yep! The -R version too. Doesn't quite look like the pics on the Belli website, but the guy just bought them and they're definitely the -R version based on the dimensions so they must have changed up the design at some point.
TPO went under and Belli bought the product from them, but apparently didn't get ANY info along with it so things are a bit of a mess on their end. I tried to get in touch with them regarding which filters to use and they pretty much had no clue.

Turbo Busa v1.1
Quote:

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes