Titans XSR900 project my wife is going to kill me - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2019 Winter Build-off > 2019 Winter Build-off Build Threads

2019 Winter Build-off Build Threads Only post here if you are the builder! Comments in the Discussion threads please.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Titans XSR900 project my wife is going to kill me

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-05-2019, 05:53 PM   #11
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
titan's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:13 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 14 Times in 2 Posts
titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Titans XSR900 project my wife is going to kill me

Today I tackled the headlight frame. I needed to remove the bracket that holds the stock light in place. So that came off and cleaned up. I also needed to remove the bottoms bracket that holds things like the brake pipes and horn. Yamaha has it so it sticks out but as the stock light also sticks out you don't notice it till you take it apart. So I cut that out and made a new one out of some 2mm steel the added the brake line stay back on in a slightly different position. It's was also my first time Tig welding something useful after weeks of practice and although it's functional it's not that pretty but the welding is getting there. More on that in my welding thread. Next up is making the brackets to see how the mudguard looks.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

ride it like you stole it

Customization not Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
H Designs

2020 build off - build - chat
titan is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived titan!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-19-2019, 03:48 PM   #12
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Today I started building the new front mudguard/ fender mount. Always eager to use the welder for practice I bent a bracket then added some gussets to see if I could and for strength then cut some holes for weight reduction but also in the a similar fashion to the old side panels with the three circles.

Next job fit it all together.

Quote:
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
H Designs

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-20-2019, 01:02 PM   #13
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

In the interest of sharing every part of the build, you sometimes find you reached the end and it's a dead end. The idea just doesn't work. So after working on the front light for what seems like for ever the look just isn't what I was hoping. It just looks wrong and awkward.

So that's shelved time for something new.

Quote:
H Designs

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-21-2019, 05:01 PM   #14
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

Plan b looks a bit better. Going to order a better light and see how it goes

Had a helper too for a bit

Quote:
H Designs

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-22-2019, 06:46 PM   #15
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

So acquired some 10mm bar then had to make a way to bend it after some fetting I got this part mocked up

Quote:
H Designs

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-22-2019, 10:32 PM   #16
beezwiz
GURU
CF Addict
beezwiz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 7
Flipped Off 15 Times in 9 Posts
beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Helper looks to be your daughter, didn't really want to say anything but... does she have pants on?

The best memories come from bad ideas done with best friends.
beezwiz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-23-2019, 02:01 AM   #17
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezwiz View Post
Helper looks to be your daughter, didn't really want to say anything but... does she have pants on?
Yes and yes

Quote:
H Designs

This user High Fived titan!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-25-2019, 11:44 AM   #18
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

Knocked up a couple of brackets to today. Still need to drill for indicators and tac them on. Should get that done tonight then hopefully my new light will be here tomorrow so I can finish the backing plate.

Quote:
H Designs

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-25-2019, 05:21 PM   #19
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

A couple more bits done

Made the front plate, but can't finish it till the light comes in.

Got the brackets tacked on

Quote:
H Designs

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-26-2019, 10:37 AM   #20
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

New light turned up and it's a simple on off unit. I brought it because it had both spot and flood and was hoping to run it as hi/ low beam but it's a printed circuit board so not even going to mess around with it.

So did some digging in my boxes. Found an old number board from the XJ build a couple of years back and there is two small led lights on it. Perfect! One can be a parking light ( old school money side light) the other the low head light. I know they are useless but keep the rozzers off me back.

Hi beam will be the spot light I been using as a mock up light. I like the look and it fits perfect to brackets already in place.

Welded the mounting brackets to the frame properly ( say that losslessly as my Tig is no where near the standard of most on here) shaped the main plate and it's all good to be tacked on later. Dad duties calling for a bit.

Quote:
H Designs

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2019 Winter Build-off > 2019 Winter Build-off Build Threads