ROBBO ~ ugly big ole GL 1100 hondah ! - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2019 Winter Build-off > 2019 Winter Build-off Build Threads

2019 Winter Build-off Build Threads Only post here if you are the builder! Comments in the Discussion threads please.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > ROBBO ~ ugly big ole GL 1100 hondah !

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-13-2018, 10:46 AM   #11
ROBBO
MAJOR FOOKIN' CATASTROPHY
ROBBO's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:45 PM
Flip Offs: 643
Flipped Off 1,366 Times in 753 Posts
ROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month Default Medal Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: ROBBO ~ ugly big ole GL 1100 hondah !

Off with the old

On with the nu (to me)

The CBX clutch perch gives a much better cable run so it can wing past the headlamp(when fitted )

I done away with the choke cable setup so I can cut off the lever setup on the perch finish it up to be less bulky and paint to finish..

...ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL...
ROBBO' 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post

Fucking reaper better fear me.
ROBBO is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-17-2018, 10:55 AM   #12
ROBBO
ROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month Default Medal Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

evry ounce counts !

ROBBO' 2009

Quote:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-23-2018, 10:02 AM   #13
ROBBO

Fixed a tag bracket up and all is good to go on the tail (ecxept paint)

ROBBO' 2009

Quote:

These people High Fived ROBBO!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-23-2018, 10:13 AM   #14
ROBBO

Went to do a charging test ,it was turning over slower and slower as of late. Was getting around only 7-8 volts across the terminals. Looked a wee bit closer at the wiring running up by the battery and noticed a bit of discolouration on the alternator to loom connector. When I tried to pull the sucker apart it was almost plastic welded together!

Found this! Lucky I didn't have a darn fire methinks .

Cut the wires back and my finger wide open ,joined solderd heat shrink tape and done !
Upon checking up on the problem it seems its a common happening with these.Lesson learnt.

ROBBO' 2009

Quote:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-23-2018, 08:32 PM   #15
ROBBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBBO View Post
Fixed a tag bracket up and all is good to go on the tail (ecxept paint)

I will of course be driling a substancial number of speed holes in this ata later date along with PICS! Mikey !

ROBBO' 2009

Quote:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-25-2018, 06:48 AM   #16
ROBBO

Swiss cheese - Mikeys and shinys faverite

ROBBO' 2009

Quote:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-27-2018, 08:13 PM   #17
ROBBO

Now to this project.

This is a CBX perch ,angles the clutch cable perfectly and I have removed the choke cable/mechanism .So I need to trim off the excess aluminium shite

ROBBO' 2009

Quote:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-27-2018, 08:21 PM   #18
ROBBO

From this

going to tap threds in the choke lever hole for the mirror and remove the mirror boss.

Of course the tap is a special size so extra buy

well pleased with that and saved a shiteload of extra weight !

ROBBO' 2009

Quote:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-28-2018, 07:20 AM   #19
ROBBO

Me boy ha like father like son.

ROBBO' 2009

Quote:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-28-2018, 01:39 PM   #20
ROBBO

I have to convert the OEM brake system. The rear brake operates one of the front calipers as well as the rear one ! Weird setup eh ?So it all has to come out and be replaced. Hoses arrived today so on they will go tonight .

It has this splitter under the swing arm corroded all to fook !

Regular hoses for the time being ,SS is not in my budget ATM .

ROBBO' 2009

Quote:

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2019 Winter Build-off > 2019 Winter Build-off Build Threads