the FUCK YOU thread - Page 376 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Bitch Forum

Bitch Forum You want to bitch about something or someone? Do it in here... all drama outside of this forum will be DELETED!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > the FUCK YOU thread

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-07-2017, 11:06 PM   #3751
ROBBO
MAJOR FOOKIN' CATASTROPHY
ROBBO's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:09 PM
Flip Offs: 643
Flipped Off 1,366 Times in 753 Posts
ROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month Default Medal Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: the FUCK YOU thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
You can measure in tenths of an inch if you want. Or thousandths,hundredths,etc. Or you can use fractions if it's easier. Just use whichever measuring device is efficient for the task at hand.

Yay for versatility.

One type of measurement I never learned was microns. Is that metric?

I still haven't ever run across a machine with metric graduations. I reckon they exist, though.

micron is one millionth of a metre

...ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL...
ROBBO' 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post

Fucking reaper better fear me.
ROBBO is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived ROBBO!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-08-2017, 02:22 AM   #3752
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:09 PM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus

An inch is defined classically... or in other words, an inch is the length that it is because... it's 1/36th of a yard. WHY!? That's STUPID!
Partly because 1/36th is a stupid portion, completely arbitrary. But even more stupid because the definition for a yard? NOBODY FUCKIN KNOWS. "They" think it's based on a measurement of something on the human body, but they aren't sure about that, and if it is they aren't sure if it's hand to hand or waist girth or whatever. And what motherfucker did they pin down on a table and measure? Maybe it's taken from the vitruvian man, I'm actually not sure on that. Ridiculous either way.

And you want to know what the modern definition of an inch is? 2.54cm. Yes, the modern imperial inch is based on a fucking metric measurement.

So then what's a cm? A centimeter is 1/100th of a meter, because that makes sense because base-10, and the classical base definition of a meter is either the length of a pendulum with a 1-second swing or 1/10-millionth of the distance between a pole and the equator through Paris... either of which are MEASURABLE and TANGIBLE and LOGICAL (though the pendulum is subject to gravity variations and what the pendulum is made of and shaped like and such, so I'll give you that, but I bet there's a fuckin standard for all that). The modern definition of a meter is either the wavelength of a certain type of radiation or the distance light travels in a vacuum in some ridiculous tiny fraction of a second.... both of which are also MEASURABLE and TANGIBLE and LOGICAL.

I really really really hate the imperial system.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived mcantar!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-08-2017, 02:31 AM   #3753
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:09 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

The only thing I've ever heard measured in microns is the thickness of hand pallet cargo wrap.

And I heartily agree about the imperial system. Illogical and stupid.

Fuck these hands of mine... Aching like fuck again. Fiddling with the phone all the time isn't exactly helping either...

Benelli Tornado TRE Novecento 2006
EX: Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA 2002 Fighter
My homebrew blog thread thingy: Oddball Brewery
Mattson is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-08-2017, 02:32 AM   #3754
mcantar

CF Pimp
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus

Ok I Wiki'd it. See it gets even dumber than I thought...

Quote:
The standard of measure has always been taken either from some part of the human body, such as a foot, the length of the arm, the span of the hand, or from other natural objects, such as a barleycorn, or other kind of grain. But the yard was the original standard adopted by the early English soverigns, and has been supposed to be founded upon the breadth of the chest of the Saxon race.
And
Quote:
It is ordained that 3 grains of barley dry and round do make an inch, 12 inches make 1 foot, 3 feet make 1 yard, 5 yards and a half make a perch, and 40 perches in length and 4 in breadth make an acre.
And also
Quote:
And be it remembered that the iron yard of our Lord the King containeth 3 feet and no more, and a foot ought to contain 12 inches by the right measure of this yard measured, to wit, the 36th part of this yard rightly measured maketh 1 inch neither more nor less and 5 yards and a half make a perch that is 16 feet and a half measured by the aforesaid yard of our Lord the King.
Why the fuck does this shit even exist anymore.

Turbo Busa v1.1
Quote:
This user High Fived mcantar!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-08-2017, 02:34 AM   #3755
mcantar

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattson View Post
The only thing I've ever heard measured in microns is the thickness of hand pallet cargo wrap.

And I heartily agree about the imperial system. Illogical and stupid.

Fuck these hands of mine... Aching like fuck again. Fiddling with the phone all the time isn't exactly helping either...
I see surface finish/roughness (like bead blasting) and coatings (like anodizing, powdercoating, etc.) defined in microns all the time.
Not cheap to measure, it seems...
http://www.elcometerusa.com/Elcomete...Basic-FNF.html

And... stop jacking off so much, give your hands a rest day.

Turbo Busa v1.1
Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-08-2017, 04:48 AM   #3756
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

If I had a dollar for every time I hear that I'd probly spent it all already...

And since I started, FU Telltale Games for releasing poorly working products (Wolf among us, walking dead) The first game ever you cannot install onto the Xbox 360, and also the first one that actually woulda needed it. Cuts and stutters so badly it's completely unplayable. Oh well at least when I took it back I finally got that corded controller to be used on the computer so I can properly play RIDE.

And talking about riding, FU Triumph for eating up batteries! Was going to run some errands in the city including but not limited to the game swap, but the daym bike said njet...njet...njet... Definitely NOT going to buy a new battery at this stage of the season with this weather... Fine, fookin didn't wanna ride anyway... Gotta try if I can get it to take enough juice for a few runs but not looking good. I'm suspecting the slow drain from the keyless ignition controller is slowly destroying them cause no matter the brand they always last two seasons slowly but steadily going worse and worse until they stop taking a charge altogether.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-08-2017, 07:28 AM   #3757
CK 187
CAPTAIN AWESOME®

CK 187's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 631
Flipped Off 470 Times in 171 Posts
CK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
I see surface finish/roughness (like bead blasting) and coatings (like anodizing, powdercoating, etc.) defined in microns all the time.
Not cheap to measure, it seems...
http://www.elcometerusa.com/Elcomete...Basic-FNF.html
When I still worked in aerospace every one of our coatings were in microns. TiN, CrN, TiC, .........

It was not fun when large batches would return from coating and needed sampling
CK 187 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-08-2017, 02:27 PM   #3758
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

RatFighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:09 PM
Flip Offs: 190
Flipped Off 111 Times in 48 Posts
RatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattson View Post
Oh well at least when I took it back I finally got that corded controller to be used on the computer so I can properly play RIDE.

Someone compiled the tracks from Sebastian Loeb Rally Evo and a few other games from the Ride developers and put it into a downloadable package for Ride2. Rally tracks, Pikes Peak, rallycross tracks, and Rossi's Ranch are all available to use on Ride2 with a little messing around installing stuff. PC gaming is where it's at.

Still digging the hell outta the GSXR750 and Road America though...

Not sure if you have tried out the Piboso title GP Bikes or MX Bikes yet, but with a wired controller it makes it a ton of fun. I've been with the development of it for a loooong time now and made a name for myself as the undisputed king of wheelies on both games. Memorable moment I got on film was doing a big 1 hand wheelie past the pits at Phillip Island for the guy that developed the add on CBR600RR Cup bike. He followed me around the track watching the wheelies for a few laps before he pitted in and was spectating.

Longest wheelie ever done in MX Bikes belongs to me.

When the supermoto update dropped for MX Bikes I had to make a supermoto pack to hold everyone over until the actual modders could make some nice models and write the files for real to life representations. Was pretty cool watching the download amount grow every hour from the point I released it.

If even a few of us picked up a copies of both titles and were into it, we could meet up on a Custom Fighters server and rip around at a "track day" sort of thing. Could be interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihammer View Post
Looking at this Large Hadron Collider of a vehicle, I am starting to think the little bastard may have been on to something...
RatFighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived RatFighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-08-2017, 04:04 PM   #3759
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

That`s interesting, I did not even know they had MX/SuMo bikes! Though I only have the first game so dunno if that has any of those.

I haven`t played much at all of it yet, ATM I only have the Speed Triple and the Daytona (go figure ) and I suck ass with the latter. Mostly because of my cheap ass gamepad (Logitech F710) which is shaped weird, the left "mushroom" is far too low and towards the center and it has a stupid lag. Not to mention the signal cutouts. Now I`m not the type of person that throws his controllers around but when you`re doing a hot lap for the ninth time, you`re finally on the lead, riding on the edge of your skills and the fookin pad decides to freeze just before that hairpin sending you plowing into the tires at WOT made me want to put the thing through the TV a few times. And yes I know there`s the rewind but it does little good to you if your F-graph is on a vertical ascend

So yea I got a corded Xbox 360 controller now because I`m used to it, the shape fits my hands like a tailored glove, the "mushroom" is right where I want it and unlike the cheap ass "supercool" LED lit creaky POS pads this thing actually WORKS. Oh, and if need be it also connects to my 360 in case of a second player or a sudden shortage of batteries at 11pm.

This user High Fived Mattson!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-08-2017, 04:13 PM   #3760
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post

1: An inch is ..... completely arbitrary.

2:And you want to know what the modern definition of an inch is? 2.54cm. Yes, the modern imperial inch is based on a fucking metric measurement.

3: So then what's a cm? A centimeter is 1/100th of a meter, because that makes sense .
1: Of course it's arbitrary. People needed a measuring system, so one was devised. Nobody ever discovered an Inch grazing wild in the pasture and measured it's natural length...it was strictly created.

2: That's not a definition, that's an explanation or a conversion. An inch is what an inch is, it is in no way based on the value of 2.54cm. Never was, never shall be.

3: Why does that make more sense, unless you deem a meter to be an actual, tangible thing. Which it's not. Meter's were never discovered in the wild either. Meters are arbitrary units of measurements that were once created, too.

Nothing to wad your panties over. Inches were created out of thin air, just like meters. Two different people created two different systems. No big deal. Neither is superior. Which one makes sense to you is gonna be decided on which one you are familiar with. Go to a construction site and hand a framer a metric tape to do his job. He'll tell you to fuck right off.

Getting red around the ass because of this is relative to losing your shit because those "stupid fucking Chinese use letters you don't understand". Our language seem dumb to them, too.

Relativity.

It's like wire gauges. Nobody really gives a shit, we just know it a system that works and we can all come up with the same end result/ size.

Geez..good thing nobody ever brought up Whitworth. Talk about arbitrary...but, don't google it...would hate to see you blow a gasket
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Bitch Forum