Tube bender plans - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Heavy Metal

Heavy Metal Anything to do with welding, bending and fabricating things from metal goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Tube bender plans

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-15-2008, 10:06 PM   #1
Scrapyard
Build It Ride It Live It
Scrapyard's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:51 AM
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 20 Times in 14 Posts
Scrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud of
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Fighter of the Month 
Default Tube bender plans

Found a couple free tube bender plans.

This one is for your standard horizontal pedistal style. Pretty good detail for each part.

http://www.te-motorworks.com/gallery/shop/hossfeld/

Pro tools offers free plans to build thier hydraulic pull through bender. They also offer all the parts individualy.

http://www.pro-tools.com/200k.htm

This is a good write up with pics on how to build one similar to above.

http://www.blindchickenracing.com/To...bingbender.htm

One more variation of the above with more detail and specs.

http://favoriteprojects.com/how_to_b...ube_bender.htm
Scrapyard is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-15-2008, 10:19 PM   #2
fslflint
fighter transplant in NC
fslflint's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 92
Flipped Off 225 Times in 69 Posts
fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: Tube bender plans

you know where to get the plans for the UBER cheap brake rotor bender? there used to be a faq on how to build one on chopper underground.

Quote:
Gavin, I know you are in heaven. Please don't modify it too much!
RIP brother

Quote:
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking.

--Ferdinand Foch-- at the Battle of the Marne
fslflint is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-15-2008, 10:52 PM   #3
Scrapyard
Build It Ride It Live It
Scrapyard's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 20 Times in 14 Posts
Scrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud of
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Fighter of the Month 

You mean this one?

http://www.thefont.pwp.blueyonder.co...ube_bender.htm
Scrapyard is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-16-2008, 09:23 AM   #4
fslflint
fighter transplant in NC
fslflint's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 92
Flipped Off 225 Times in 69 Posts
fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

thats them, thanks

Quote:
Gavin, I know you are in heaven. Please don't modify it too much!
RIP brother

Quote:
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking.

--Ferdinand Foch-- at the Battle of the Marne
fslflint is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-16-2008, 10:46 AM   #5
Candyman
Perpetual Project

CF Pimp
Candyman's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
Candyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

lol, I just posted up links to most of those in my build thread. I think I found a couple more I'll add to the list.

http://www.gottrikes.com/Tube_Bender.htm

much discussion about the gottrikes plans and variations:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=376183

http://www.tubing-bender-project.com/

Built Not Bought

Let these hands sit not idle.
<SOLD<SOLD
Candyman is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Candyman!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-07-2009, 05:52 AM   #6
matteblack
Noobie
Local Time: 04:51 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
matteblack is a NOOB

http://www.lindsaybks.com/dgjp/djgbk/pipe/index.html easy to make and cheap dies too
matteblack is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-28-2009, 12:11 AM   #7
Racing Geek
lb/hp is what it's about!
Racing Geek's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:51 AM
Flip Offs: 168
Flipped Off 83 Times in 73 Posts
Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Scavenger Hunt 

Thanks guys! Do you know if any of these can produce mandrel bends? I'll have to keep this in mind in case I ever put a roll cage in my car.
Racing Geek is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-21-2012, 12:38 AM   #8
L8asusul
Noobie
Local Time: 02:51 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
L8asusul is making some friendsL8asusul is making some friendsL8asusul is making some friendsL8asusul is making some friends

Resurrecting this from the dead since I am not sure if this tid bit is posted else where on the forum. Who would have thunk it.

L8asusul is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-21-2012, 06:32 AM   #9
Pug
Pic addict
CF Addict
Pug's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:51 AM
Flip Offs: 17
Flipped Off 18 Times in 14 Posts
Pug has a reputation beyond reputePug has a reputation beyond reputePug has a reputation beyond reputePug has a reputation beyond reputePug has a reputation beyond reputePug has a reputation beyond reputePug has a reputation beyond reputePug has a reputation beyond reputePug has a reputation beyond reputePug has a reputation beyond reputePug has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Geek View Post
Thanks guys! Do you know if any of these can produce mandrel bends? I'll have to keep this in mind in case I ever put a roll cage in my car.
A mandrel is pretty much just a pipe insert that stops the tube collapsing when it's bent.
It's not really the bender itself that dictates whether or not you can use one but more the design and length of the piece you're bending.

"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons, the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas"
Pug is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-06-2014, 08:47 AM   #10
Handsome Matt
Just Here For The Party
Senior Fighterer
Handsome Matt's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 12 Times in 7 Posts
Handsome Matt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Handsome Matt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Handsome Matt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Handsome Matt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Handsome Matt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Handsome Matt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Handsome Matt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Handsome Matt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Handsome Matt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Handsome Matt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Handsome Matt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Resurrecting this thread... Most of the links listed above end with 404 errors

http://chopperhandbook.com/bender.htm

It's based of a JD2 bender and setup for those dies, but can be made to accept pro-tool dies. Soon as Gojira gets finished and sold, this is one of the investments!

2015 Winter Build: Phoenix Ascending

2015 Winter Build Discussion: Phoenix Ascending

"But it would require a great moral effort; it would mean staring failure in the eye every day for years. And so to protect themselves people say "I can't."" - Paul Graham

"Assumption is truely the mother of all fuck ups." -Yantosh

"Criticism is easy to do, but rarely worth listening to, mostly because it's so easy to do." -Seth Godin
Handsome Matt is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Handsome Matt!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Heavy Metal