Matty's Italian Job (Benelli Tornado TRE 900) - Page 37 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion

Other Motorcycle Discussion Anything about any other type of motorcycle goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Matty's Italian Job (Benelli Tornado TRE 900)

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-20-2019, 03:16 PM   #361
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict
JamesHambleton's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:58 PM
Flip Offs: 12
Flipped Off 15 Times in 12 Posts
JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Matty's Italian Job (Benelli Tornado TRE 900)

The 390 duke I test rode a few years back was horrible, you really had to work it hard to get it to turn corners. Hard to start and keep it running from cold took over 5 minutes to move more than 100ft no joke, pulled well upto 80mph, terrible in sidewinds.
JamesHambleton is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-20-2019, 05:07 PM   #362
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 04:58 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Sounds like yours had too little air in the tyres and too much in the intake?

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-20-2019, 06:03 PM   #363
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:58 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 40 Times in 39 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

I've been eyeing that duke for a while. But not in my wished price range at the moment

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-20-2019, 06:20 PM   #364
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

I could probly get one of the first ones around 2015 if I put a little extra on top of Nelli (provided it sells) oh about that just posted an ad for it.

Bella Italia done today, was meaning to do a massive pic dump but apparently my camera takes too big pictures for the server so that will have to wait. Did resize this though, according to the people there we`re missing about five or six bikes from this picture to have every single Benelli motorcycle in the country in one picture. Count the Tornados. Felt like a fucking rockstar getting the bike from the row early, crawling through the yard as frikkin everyone was filming me! Couldn`t help but to redline it a few times To put it into context the small park area right in front of our bikes was filled with about half a billion worth of Ferrari

As a side note I was taking the dog for a piss tonight and almost crapped my own pants, take a wild guess what sailed past me? An 1130, the first time ever I`ve seen a Nelli on the road apart from my own and it`s a Tornado going past my own house!

Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Mattson!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-23-2019, 06:50 PM   #365
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Been offered a trade... 2004 Alfa GT 1.9JTD with all the bells and whistles... Have zero use for one but might be, albeit marginally, easier to lose... and damn is it a pretty car...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-24-2019, 03:34 AM   #366
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 04:58 PM
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

You can't trade an Alfa for many vehicles with worse reliability

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived a_morti!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-24-2019, 04:25 AM   #367
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Umm yea I got a Benelli and hey at least it's not a selespeed. The guy is heading to Norway for two weeks, if I don't get a better deal before that probly gonna take it. It's not for keeps only to have something that's even marginally easier to lose than the bike. TBH I was more or less expecting to get sth like that as a trade offer as you gotta be a bit of an italia enthusiast to even know of the benelli...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-25-2019, 05:27 PM   #368
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Is it just me or is the term "high horse" finding a whole new level of irony with this bike... I'm sad to say this but I'm not gonna miss this thing once it's outta here.

Tail light swapped to LED. Drive light didn't see much of improvement but ho-lee-fuck is the brake light BRIGHT!

Currently on a breather to let the brake cleaner vapor off then re-re-seal the oil sump, get the leaking oil hose off and try to figure out somewhere that would make me a new one on a saturday.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-27-2019, 04:30 AM   #369
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:58 PM
Flip Offs: 10
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

When I did my bike tests, one of the trainers had a Triumph Tiger and one had a Benelli adventure bike and they looked almost identical... but, the guy with the Triumph told me the Benelli is always breaking down. Shame really coz it was a nice looking bike.

Striving to remain dynamic in an ever-evolving environment and shit like that.
RS_Raz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-27-2019, 11:51 AM   #370
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:58 AM
Flip Offs: 34
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Trading for a 15-year-old Alfa?

Could be in for more problems than with Nelli. Alfas are notoriously unreliable.

I had a fabulous GTV for 20 years. First thing I did was shitcan the entire fuel injection system for Weber carbs. After that, I could fix everything myself.

Unless you're super knowledgeable about Alfas, I highly recommend you PASS.
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Smoker!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion