Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes - Page 51 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis

Dirty Tards & Minis Everything about dirtbikes, motards and minis goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-09-2019, 09:14 PM   #501
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:02 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Shiny's adventure with dirtbikes

Hey, Cookie! Thanks man, the knees feeling pretty decent. Was gonna upload some bike pics but my internet is in the fritz.

The bike is generally ok and ready to ride now. Headlight bucket got busted and the mounting ear twisted around. Soldering iron glued the bucket back together, though.

The way the headlight ear was bent, and the direction the bars are bent, don't match which way the forks for twisted. Judging by wounds, bruises, bike damage and the hair I find in my jacket pocket suggests I caught the deer in the right hand side of the bars and chest. I think the initial slung me off over over dear, then the bike folded and slid with the deer.

Steering stop failed and let the fork dent the tank some. Gravel rash on the side bags, swingarm, shock, top of the front fender (?), but there frame and engine are untouched. Heavy leather saddlebag saved the seat and side cover.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-10-2019, 02:41 PM   #502
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

How the bars were twisted on the ride home.

Saddle bag took a whooping, but the straps and buckles are fine. Back together and ready to rock. I think I'll be able to work the kick starter in a couple more days. I'm getting real good at growing new skin

Original tag bracket succumbed the thumper vibes. It was a bad design and I shoulda knew better. Redesigned and remade out of Kydex.

Lacing the bags together and making mounts for them. The pocket I added on the bag slips over a little stub and the clip locks them in place. Easy on-off. Not as caveman as it looks. The fasteners are smooth inside the bags.

Man, I loved this helmet. I gotta find another "Surrender to Cycle Pirates" decal, somehow Always got a chuckle out of that. Had a bit of rash on my forehead where the helmet slipped and made a raw spot. The EPS in that area is crushed flat. It's toast, but did it's job well.

https://advrider.com/f/attachments/d...0-jpg.1710759/

Anyone here make custom decals?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09975.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	396.3 KB
ID:	105336  
These people High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-10-2019, 02:54 PM   #503
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:02 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

There's probly someone closer but just in case my neighbor has a vinyl cutter just needs a pic to trace

Oh and pics no worky

Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Mattson!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-10-2019, 03:55 PM   #504
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattson View Post
There's probly someone closer but just in case my neighbor has a vinyl cutter just needs a pic to trace

Oh and pics no worky
I posted that pic hoping it would be usable to someone. The pics are working for me, so I dunno what to do there
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-10-2019, 06:32 PM   #505
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:02 AM
Flip Offs: 166
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 

I think it's because the pic are on adv rider and your login there is allowing you to see them. They don't work for me either, here or following the links in your post.
Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-10-2019, 07:28 PM   #506
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Ah, bummer. That site uploads pics easily, so I tried to cut corners. I'll try to fix it later. Thanks
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-12-2019, 01:28 AM   #507
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Reposting the pics of some of the crash damage. It wasn't too bad, just annoying. The front end was twisted up pretty bad, but the bike is riding good now.

Aluminum tag mount wouldn't hold up to the thumper vibes, but it's been doing well remade out of Kydex

Today I cut up an old XR250 seat I had to steal some stiff foam. Just enough to try and beef up the main sitting area. We'll go for a spin tomorrow and see how it does. Whittled down and old screwdriver to make a seat staple puller. Amazingly helpful for such a simple thing.

Also put on a new rear rotor. The one I turned down warped quickly. Very quickly! $25 China jobby. Seems well made. We'll see. Will need new pads as the others had contoured to the other rotor. Note the road rash on the shock mount. My weld withheld the crash, so I'm happy with that
These people High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-12-2019, 01:45 AM   #508
Casper
The friendly Ghost.
Casper's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:02 AM
Flip Offs: 188
Flipped Off 34 Times in 28 Posts
Casper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympusCasper sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Sucks about the damaged paintjob, but awesome shit that your weld held!
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-12-2019, 10:48 AM   #509
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

The paint doesn't bother me a bit, to be honest. It was always gonna get dropped scratched up anyway. The busted plastics the headlight and indicator panels was a bummer though.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-12-2019, 05:39 PM   #510
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:02 AM
Flip Offs: 10
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Sorry to see you've had a collision mate. Glad you're okay
Dents and cracks give a bike character. Probably.

Striving to remain dynamic in an ever-evolving environment and shit like that.
RS_Raz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived RS_Raz!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis