GRXS' 1100 GSXR - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > GRXS' 1100 GSXR

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-21-2018, 03:27 PM   #1
GRXS
NoObie
Noobie
Local Time: 02:52 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
GRXS is a good noobieGRXS is a good noobie
Default GRXS' 1100 GSXR

Hello everyone

I already introduced myself. So now its up to show off. Since my English is not the best as well as my working skills I'm already sorry about that.

So what will happen?

It's a GSXR 1100 from '91 air oil cooled and she will be transformed into some naked fighter whatever. I already saw the wonderful build of axm here and was very impressed, great work man.

So since the mounting of the 1100 frame is fix I purchased a slingshot 750 frame. As well as k5 swingarm and k5 forks with calipers. Wheels are Braking B one I guess similar to OZ ones. Brake and clutch pump from Ducati 1098. Headlight will be a MT03 one and speedo some koso one I'm not sure yet. About rear I'm focussed on some simple streetfighter glassfibre part but maybe some stock rear ends from newer gsxrs or r6/r1 are interesting.

Biggest problem for the moment is the installing of damper, swingarm and all this linkage in between.

I almost forgot: steering bar will be a dagbar from LSL. Superbike mounting is also already bought.
The lower yoke needs also some steering limiter. Bearings come from all balls.

Gesendet von meinem Lenovo TB-X103F mit Tapatalk
GRXS is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-21-2018, 03:34 PM   #2
ARNO
Too much is never enough!
CF Addict
ARNO's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:52 PM
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 81 Times in 81 Posts
ARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: GRXS' 1100 GSXR

nice

ARNO is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-02-2019, 04:20 PM   #3
GRXS
NoObie
Noobie

A little time has passed and some drawings have been done to make the k5 damper work. Next step is to put forks into and check how it looks like. Does anyone know the material of the main frame?

Greetings

Gesendet von meinem Lenovo TB-X103F mit Tapatalk
These people High Fived GRXS!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-14-2019, 06:23 PM   #4
GRXS
NoObie
Noobie
Thumbs up Re: GRXS' 1100 GSXR

I bought another damper (cbr 1000 rr sc57) to make swingarm fit the original bone. Also installed fork without bearings to check, if all of this makes sense and is in shape

https://www.directupload.net/file/d/...2cd7dn_jpg.htm

https://www.directupload.net/file/d/...ke8yul_jpg.htm

Speedometer is a Koso DB-02R with aditional case for indicator, oil etc.

https://www.directupload.net/file/d/...6tc3pf_jpg.htm

Next steps will be to buy new bearings for the swingarm. Here the inner-diameter of the original spacers (which are in bearings) was set to the diameter of the GSXR 1100 swingaxle. Also the inner spacers diameter in swingaarm was build new to match the diameter of the swingaxle of the GSXR1100.

Subframe should be delivered next days.

Stay tuned (:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-01-2019, 06:55 AM   #5
GRXS
NoObie
Noobie

Subframe and seat just put but not installed yet. Next step is to powdercoat frame and swingarm. Overhaul forks and calipers, tires. Put engine back in. Im not in favour of doing this wiring thing

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-01-2019, 07:26 AM   #6
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:52 PM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

i hate the wiring thing
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-01-2019, 08:04 AM   #7
ROBBO
MAJOR FOOKIN' CATASTROPHY
ROBBO's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:52 PM
Flip Offs: 643
Flipped Off 1,366 Times in 753 Posts
ROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month Default Medal Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

LOL as do most

...ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL...
ROBBO' 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post

Fucking reaper better fear me.
ROBBO is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-01-2019, 01:08 PM   #8
Streetfighterkz
Capt Oblivious
CF Pimp
Streetfighterkz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 11 Times in 7 Posts
Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I must be the oddball. I kinda like it.

Later, Doug

74 Kawasaki H1-500
76 Kawasaki Kz900 Stripfighter
77 Kawasaki Kz1000
78 Kawasaki Kz1000
83 Kawasaki Gpz750 (Turbo Converted)
Streetfighterkz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Streetfighterkz!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-01-2019, 07:40 PM   #9
GRXS
NoObie
Noobie

Calipers dissambled, forks dissambled, waiting for parts

Frame and swingarm prepared for powdercoating

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-06-2019, 01:05 PM   #10
tldave
CF Addict
tldave's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:52 PM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 71 Times in 42 Posts
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

man that seemed like a really nice bike you broke down. I feel like in a few years you might regret it.
tldave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
The Following User Says F-U to tldave For This Post:
929_adam (02-14-2019)

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes