VFourRage 800 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > VFourRage 800

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-26-2018, 08:07 AM   #1
Section_59
"Detonation"
CF Addict
Section_59's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:49 AM
Flip Offs: 12
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
Section_59 is a name known to allSection_59 is a name known to allSection_59 is a name known to allSection_59 is a name known to allSection_59 is a name known to allSection_59 is a name known to allSection_59 is a name known to allSection_59 is a name known to allSection_59 is a name known to allSection_59 is a name known to allSection_59 is a name known to all
Default VFourRage 800

Pre-warning the photos are shit, I've not documented anything yet so I've only got the photos I've sent to the misses atm, i wasn't going to do a thread as its only basic shit i've done so far but thought fuck it i can at least post up some of the info i have not been able to find online to help others.

So last year i bought a (Built 2001 / Registered 2002) VFR 800 5th Gen from a dealer,
It was being sold as a Low Mileage Mint Condition Bike, only 16,000 miles full service and Test history and it was cleaaaaan.

I've been missing having a fighter for that entire year but i couldn't bring myself to do it to such a clean bike.
Recently I've noticed that the catalytic converter is rusted to fuck so took the fairings off to see if i could cut it out and weld a straight through in.

What i discovered was massive amounts of plastic welding to the inside of the fairings, The loom had been cut up then electrical tape wrapped around it to hold it back together and engine cases scratched under the fairings, this bitch been crashed!!! So the guilt of chopping it up has vanished

I wanna remove as much weight from the manufacturer specified standard weight of 240Kg / 520lb Wet as i can whilst still keeping it practical for 2 up riding so i'm going to try and document the weight change as i go aswell just for the hell of it.
Weights will take into account weight removed AND weight added from new parts.

I had a few parts in storage (even though i seem to have lost alot of the bits)

So i stuck the headlight i had in storage on (I had lost the surround) and got chopping the wiring down.

Headlight is off a lexmoto ZSX 125, kinda like it for a bit of cheap crap

So i've ordered in the missing headlight parts and dragged the parts out to do the bars (1" tapered bars) just to find i'm missing the top half of one of the bar risers aswell back onto ebay.

So after waiting a week for the risers to arrive i finally managed to get the bars fitted, i had read up online before hand about the hoses and throttle cable lengths and the general conception as that there long enough, que the fitting annnnnd the throttle cable just isn't going to make it, not even close.

So a quick jump on the bus down the bike breakers and managed to pick up a Honda ST 1100 throttle cable which does the job (i will look for something a inch or so longer at a later date as i want to slide the forks threw a bit further but it has worked and allowed me to move the forks through a extra inch also to loose some of the fork that the clipons was around)

The clutch hose is also nearing its max so i have ordered a longer stainless one ready to move the fork through aswell.

Standard Clutch Hose is 42inch 1060mm

I've ordered one that is 47.25inch 1200mm from ebay.

So bars are on and bikes rideable again.

I ordered the bar end mirrors forgetting that the 1inch bars are thick walled so the mirrors didn't want to fit, so i had to drill the end of the bars out so i could tap it and bolt into them.

Last night i managed to shorten the switchgear wiring as the bars are now on and today the speedo has turned up, i had a replica KOSO thing but the clear plastic has yellowed so i have bought a cheap speedo for now until i make some replacement glass for the KOSO replica so fitting of that today and moving the headlight unit a little higher.

Total Current Weight Loss: 9.3 Kg/ 20.5 Lbs
  • Further plans include obviously fitting a single front Radiator
  • I gotta work out what i'm gonna do with the Coolant bottle, i'd like to fit it in the tail.
  • I've been offered a free subframe from a gen 1 RSV so i think thats what i'm going to use
  • I wanna try some hydro dipping this time, I've never used it so im thinking something like a dark Graphite Grey Metallic Base color, Something Skull based hydro dip in a slightly lighter grey over the top then i'll cut my own decals in red before clear coating. Then red hoses and lines to finish.
  • no idea what i wanna do for suspension setups yet but i want something longer in the rear, maybe a CBR 600 F4 shock.
  • i would like to do the car wheel swap on the rear
  • i will end up with some sort of radiator shrouds
Section_59 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Section_59!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-26-2018, 08:28 AM   #2
sepang
ไบรอัน
CF Lover
sepang's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:49 AM
Flip Offs: 4
Flipped Off 7 Times in 5 Posts
sepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VFourRage 800

https://imgur.com Works a fine for pic hosting
sepang is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-26-2018, 09:43 AM   #3
Section_59
"Detonation"
CF Addict
Section_59 is a name known to allSection_59 is a name known to allSection_59 is a name known to allSection_59 is a name known to allSection_59 is a name known to allSection_59 is a name known to allSection_59 is a name known to allSection_59 is a name known to allSection_59 is a name known to allSection_59 is a name known to allSection_59 is a name known to all

Woops sorry about that they worked fine when I left them there �� cheers for the recommendation.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-26-2018, 10:02 AM   #4
sepang
ไบรอัน
CF Lover
sepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section_59 View Post
cheers for the recommendation.
No probs, you could always convert to a single rad, sure there's one or two on here done it to VFR's
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-26-2018, 10:08 AM   #5
Section_59
"Detonation"
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepang View Post
No probs, you could always convert to a single rad, sure there's one or two on here done it to VFR's
Yer I plan on buying something like a VFR750 one as I think the pump is in the same place so the 750 piping should work aswell, that's the theory anyway.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-26-2018, 03:56 PM   #6
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:49 AM
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 56 Times in 46 Posts
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

I've used 750 rads a few times, you'll need the 750 left side hose and the rad and fan, make a cross bar to fit in oil cooler mount holes, drop oil cooler down in front of oil filter and check fork lock clearance.

Find me on Facebook at Sebspeed Customs

Float like a Goldwing, sting like a gixxer

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
SEBSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived SEBSPEED!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-26-2018, 04:35 PM   #7
Section_59
"Detonation"
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEBSPEED View Post
I've used 750 rads a few times, you'll need the 750 left side hose and the rad and fan, make a cross bar to fit in oil cooler mount holes, drop oil cooler down in front of oil filter and check fork lock clearance.
Cheers SEB, I have actually come across your photos of mounting your radiator a few weeks ago, nice work.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-10-2018, 06:45 PM   #8
Section_59
"Detonation"
CF Addict

I have literaly got almost nothing done in 2 months from a combination of work, bastard toothache, bastard eBay sellers and just not actually being sure what I wanted to do.

As the headlight area is closest to completion I've focused on there a bit, I got the Speedo all mounted up and the surround made and painted (with bed liner, kinda gives a nice OEM plastic look at first glance) to find out I had fucked up at some point and the idiot lights where partially blocked by the surround so have had to shave that down tonight and going to have to repaint it. 🤦

I got the side parts of the headlight painted up in BMW Graphite and decided to give some hydro dipping a try (this shit took two weeks to turn up ) but has come out kinda cool

I had only ordered a small amount so now waiting on a few meters to get the tail done.

I was donated an Aprilia RSV subframe so that's the route I've gone, I managed to fuck that up though, bought the second model tail (without the vents) and the tail light from the model before (with vents)

Have got the right light on order now though, got the tail sprayed up in the Graphite and refurbished the subframe with a degrease and a fresh coat of paint.

These people High Fived Section_59!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-11-2018, 04:10 PM   #9
sepang
ไบรอัน
CF Lover

Liking that, turned out great.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-12-2018, 04:11 AM   #10
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:49 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 39 Times in 38 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

someone said v4? how did i missed this?

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived rex_saugerty!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes