Greatest Rider of All Time - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > General Streetfighter Discussion

General Streetfighter Discussion Discussions about streetfighter riding.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Greatest Rider of All Time

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-17-2019, 02:58 AM   #1
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:58 AM
Flip Offs: 34
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here
Default Greatest Rider of All Time

My vote is for Toni Bou.

Hard to put anyone above Rossi, but Toni blows my mind on another level.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pk0VBFgIqbM
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Smoker!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-17-2019, 06:36 AM   #2
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:58 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 40 Times in 39 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Greatest Rider of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post

Hard to put anyone above Rossi
how about a bloke who got two championships in same year!?

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-17-2019, 03:46 PM   #3
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:58 AM
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 13 Times in 10 Posts
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here

trials stuff is crazy. Bou has some amazing balance and control for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

My Build http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=118649
XxGRYMMxX is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-17-2019, 05:46 PM   #4
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Toni is an amazing athlete and his training and natural talent are hard to beat. He's obviously dedicated to what he does. I don't watch a lot of racing, but Toni Bou and Graham Jarvis would be on the top of my list, considering professional racers.

But growing up there was a guy named Mark Maddox that used to run a bike repair shop in town. He'd been racing dirt bikes his whole life. He was crazy fast in any condition and seemed like he could find traction when there just wasn't any. I can't remember how many times I'd be stuck on some obstacle or surface and he would breeze by while his bike sounded like it was just idling. Zero effort.

The most memorable thing was one day when I had parked my goggles up on my helmet and they slipped off and hit the ground. I turned around to ride back to find them and here comes Mark effortlessly cruising on the back wheel while literally just checking out the scenery. Somehow he spotted my goggles laying in the grass, dropped the wheelie in to an instant Endo and when the back tire dropped again he spun the tire to do a 180 bike leaned over flat track style drifting/donut maneuver. While drifting past my goggles he scoops them up with his clutch hand ( he was that low), snaps back up on to the back tire and tosses me the goggles as the rides by.

His natural balance, situational awareness and reflexes were unreal. If he'd had money to compete I'm confident he would've been a National or World champion. When he raced other people literally considered coming in second as winning, but Mark always crossed the line first, and that's a true story. The number of trophy's/plaques/ribbons that covered his house, shop and garage was massive. But we was humble, quiet, friendly and was spend any amount of time helping you do something on your bike. A true sportsman.

RIP, Mark. It was always fun riding with you. I miss it.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-18-2019, 12:46 PM   #5
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Thanks for spurring up some old memories, Smoker. Tried to rep ya, but I gotta reload. I quit wearing this after highschool when it started wearing out, and it accidentally got sent to Goodwill years after Mark closed his shop. I ran out and bought it back, happy it was still there

Reckon i should do the right thing and hang it in the shop since I'm in a permanent spot now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191218_113534483.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	107006  
These people High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-18-2019, 03:49 PM   #6
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_saugerty View Post
how about a bloke who got two championships in same year!?

Read a thing where Freddie was talking about the oldschool tires. Tucking the front like in this pic was just something you dealt with. You didn't crash and stop racing, according to him. He said something to the effect of: "When the front would push just give the bike more throttle to get it on the back tire". Beast!

https://www.cycleworld.com/2013/08/1...t-one-of-five/

This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-18-2019, 10:04 PM   #7
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
Reckon i should do the right thing and hang it in the shop since I'm in a permanent spot now.
Hell yeah.

Like a retired player jersey.
This user High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-18-2019, 10:17 PM   #8
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Fast Freddie?

Fuck Fast Freddie.

Never been a fan. Boring, whiney personality and riding style.

Bigger fan of Randy Mamola, who never won a championship.

Somebody bad-ass with championships?

Mick Doohan.
This user High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-19-2019, 02:47 AM   #9
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

RatFighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:58 AM
Flip Offs: 190
Flipped Off 111 Times in 48 Posts
RatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

When I think greatest of all time, I think of Kevin Schwantz (merely a personal opinion, nothing even close to reality). Even if he didn't have the consistency to take a bunch of podium finishes, that guy could ride the wheels off sub-par equipment and do it elbow to elbow with the most skilled guys on the best machinery with the best backing on the planet... plus he loved wheelies.

Funny enough, I didn't know who a whole bunch of these pro guys where until people riding with me started comparing me to them. Shiny knows that sorta thing from the guy he's talking about. Riders that are, will be, and remain, totally unknown have talent beyond belief. I still think I've got a lot to hone in as a rider, but being compared to Graham Jarvis on a regular basis (I'm a wheelie and low speed control fanatic) always makes me smile after having to google who that even is when I was first told I was on that level with wheelies on a dirtbike.

Before I was wowed by his hard enduro skills (way, way beyond my level) I found this first of anything (back in '13 I think?) and laughed at the fact this is pretty much what I would do given a skate park and a dirtbike I'm familiar with, for a day. No clue why I stopped filming my antics back in '11 or '12, but, maybe I should dust off the GoPro, put a leg over a bike, and show off a little bit next summer. I may be getting old, but I just keep aging like a fine wine as a rider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihammer View Post
Looking at this Large Hadron Collider of a vehicle, I am starting to think the little bastard may have been on to something...
RatFighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived RatFighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-19-2019, 03:24 AM   #10
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFighter View Post
When I think greatest of all time, I think of Kevin Schwantz (merely a personal opinion, nothing even close to reality).
Schwantz is Rossi's hero, and definitely one of mine. Still watch his 500GP races.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > General Streetfighter Discussion