Is Smoking Permitted? - Page 3 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Is Smoking Permitted?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-25-2008, 09:26 PM   #21
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:58 PM
Flip Offs: 33
Flipped Off 12 Times in 11 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here
Default Re: Is Smoking Permitted?

Ordered some TAG gold bars thinking they would look like the pics:

But when the handlebars arrived, they looked more orange than gold, and didn't go well with the other parts, so I got rid of them:

Smoker is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-25-2008, 09:56 PM   #22
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapyard View Post
I was way off guessing your profesion. I though engineer with all the CAD drawings and custom machining going on in this thread.

How long have you been working on it? Look forward to your progress.
The CAD drawing is a 2001 Yamaha R1 rear wheel. I got it from Dymag because I told them I wanted a custom size rear wheel. They sent me the CAD drawing, and I figured out what changes I wanted, and they built the wheel from that.

It's the first time I've done this level of custom work, so I'm hoping everything will fit right when it's all done.

Got these carbon fiber bars on ebay. Since I bought them, I've wanted another set - but can't find the seller, or any one else that sells CF bars.

If anyone knows where to get some CF bars, please let me know!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-25-2008, 10:25 PM   #23
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff View Post
our member/sponsor moto-madness carrys CF bars from Driven Racing
Thanx, bro- that's why I'm here [to get a little help].

Also found this billet fuel cap on ebay. It matches the OEM dimensions.

I still may go for a fuel cap & filler transplant, but the funky OEM cap is kind of iconic to the RZ.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-25-2008, 10:47 PM   #24
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapyard View Post
How long have you been working on it? Look forward to your progress.
Almost a year. You guys will soon see that I still have a long way to go.

Don't know how much longer I can survive on macaroni & cheese and beer.

These arent the cables I'm using - I'm just trying to figure out how to route them out of the way of the gauges.

The handlebar clamps are loose in this pic.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-25-2008, 11:04 PM   #25
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODDITY View Post
wow i leave this place for a few hours to work on my bike and miss so much.

welcome the bike looks awesome. loving all the custom work your doing to it. keep on modding.
Yeah, I've been posting like a mofo to get you guys caught up. It will slow down to a daily grind, soon.

Thanks to all you guys for the nice welcome. It will take a while for me to get to know all your bikes - looking forward to it!

Got a new ignition & keys.

Shaved the keys to get rid of the logos:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-25-2008, 11:39 PM   #26
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Trying to get these brackets to mount the headlight, but the last time I checked, they weren't available in the right size.

I'm going to contact the company again, but I might need to have them custom made.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-26-2008, 12:54 AM   #27
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Got this Ducati Monster headlight on ebay:

I also ordered a headlight bucket that is supposed to be made by a company in Italy that makes CF for GP racing.

I ordered it June 5th, and still haven't heard any news about when/if it might be completed.

The Following User Says F-U to Smoker For This Post:
jerryatrophy (08-07-2012)
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-26-2008, 01:06 AM   #28
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Ordered this billet throttle, but they sent me a blue one.

The company is supposed to send me a gold one when available, but I've been waiting more than 2 months, so far.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-26-2008, 01:17 AM   #29
Smoker
BLACK BELT

I'm going to order gold Rizoma Reservoirs, but I haven't made the mount yet - so I don't know whether to get a side or bottom outlet.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-26-2008, 01:31 AM   #30
Smoker
BLACK BELT

I got a pair of these billet bar-end mirrors, but I'm going to try to mount them next to the levers.

The manufacturer stopped using the mirror arms I wanted, but I talked them into making a set for me. I'm using the arms on the right side.

The bar clamp uses a grub screw. I didn't want to bore a hole in the carbon fiber, so I'm cutting the clamps where the red line is. Hopefully, I can get one screw to hold the bar clamp and arm clamp.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes