1997 GSXR 750. Blackheart. - Page 5 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 1997 GSXR 750. Blackheart.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-16-2009, 06:54 PM   #41
CK 187
CAPTAIN AWESOMEŽ

CK 187's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:02 AM
Flip Offs: 631
Flipped Off 470 Times in 171 Posts
CK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: 1997 GSXR 750. Blackheart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixooligan View Post
Will do on the photos!

If anyone has any ideas on that bracket feel free to shout out. I'm still open to ideas on this.
If you can get me decent measurements and a nice drawing maybe of the dimensions, bolt hole spacing, .......... I could crank one out on the lazer at work and cnc press brake it for ya. Because i'm a nice fucking guy

If you get it to me ASAP that is. After next week, no more lazering for me. I'll be an engineer with a desk
CK 187 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-16-2009, 06:55 PM   #42
CK 187
CAPTAIN AWESOMEŽ

CK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

PM me the dim's
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-16-2009, 07:06 PM   #43
Gixooligan
Visions of Grandeur
Fighterer
Gixooligan's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:02 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 3 Times in 3 Posts
Gixooligan is a glorious beacon of lightGixooligan is a glorious beacon of lightGixooligan is a glorious beacon of lightGixooligan is a glorious beacon of lightGixooligan is a glorious beacon of lightGixooligan is a glorious beacon of lightGixooligan is a glorious beacon of lightGixooligan is a glorious beacon of lightGixooligan is a glorious beacon of lightGixooligan is a glorious beacon of lightGixooligan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK 187 View Post
If you can get me decent measurements and a nice drawing maybe of the dimensions, bolt hole spacing, .......... I could crank one out on the lazer at work and cnc press brake it for ya. Because i'm a nice fucking guy

If you get it to me ASAP that is. After next week, no more lazering for me. I'll be an engineer with a desk
That would be absolutely amazing! I'll PM you asap. Thank you!
Gixooligan is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-17-2009, 02:31 AM   #44
Pariah
Stupid motherfucker
Pariah's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:02 PM
Flip Offs: 504
Flipped Off 402 Times in 164 Posts
Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
...I have a distinct feeling my neighbors will hate me soon...
Get used to it, boyo...

It's not so bad as long as you can keep the fear from your mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
Looks good, but I would prefer titanium nipples.
Street Triple
Supercharged Street Triple
Pale Horse XJ750
Pariah is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-17-2009, 06:11 PM   #45
CK 187
CAPTAIN AWESOMEŽ

Quote:
That would be absolutely amazing! I'll PM you asap. Thank you!
I'm on it dude !

Copious amounts of rep will be required !
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-17-2009, 09:18 PM   #46
Gixooligan
Visions of Grandeur
Fighterer
Gixooligan is a glorious beacon of lightGixooligan is a glorious beacon of lightGixooligan is a glorious beacon of lightGixooligan is a glorious beacon of lightGixooligan is a glorious beacon of lightGixooligan is a glorious beacon of lightGixooligan is a glorious beacon of lightGixooligan is a glorious beacon of lightGixooligan is a glorious beacon of lightGixooligan is a glorious beacon of lightGixooligan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK 187 View Post
I'm on it dude !

Copious amounts of rep will be required !

Naturally If someone would enlighten me on how to do that, I'd be happy to lay it on

EDIT: Nevermind! Just looked here; http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ght=giving+rep (search FTW!) Looks like I'm 3 posts short. I'll get right on that!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-24-2009, 07:28 PM   #47
Gixooligan
Visions of Grandeur
Fighterer

UPDATE 02/24/09

DID WORK!

Finally got my undertail taken care of. The previous "Beware of Dog" undertail wasn't going to cut it in terms of strength, so I upped it to steel. Painted it up with etching primer, and covered it in VHT paint. Drilled holes for the turn signal LEDs to go through and sealed it with black silicon.

In action:

Unfortunately it looks like the wiring for the tails is a bit botched. The left works fine, but when I turn on the right the tail light flashes. Strange... it worked yesterday in the mock up. Trouble-shooting time.

Gratuitous ass-shot:

Yeah, I know my garage is a pit right now. That'll be the next project. Operation; Extermination (i.e. clean up all my shit)

The chopper is my buddy's custom drag chopper with a Buell 1200. I've converted him to something of an addict to this site, so doubtless he'll find his way to setting up an account sometime.

In other news, after fitting up the undertail, I just couldn't wait any more. It's a gorgeous day out and I haven't ridden for months. So me and my buddy went out for a (very) quick cruise around the block. Needless to say, my bike sounds like the damn WORLD is ending. Even through my helmet. I got a TON of attention from the neighbors. Younger kids seemed to like it, but the adults, no so much. After gunning it next to my friend it set his ears ringing (over the Buell's unmuffled exhaust). So my latest purchase was a set of baffles for Project: Blackheart from J and P Cycles. I think I'll wrap the baffles in header wrap before putting them in to try to quiet it down further.

Before I do that though, I'll try to get you all a sound clip. It's scary...
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-24-2009, 07:50 PM   #48
TA2LURCH
GET TATTOOED!!!!

CF Pimp
TA2LURCH's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:02 AM
Flip Offs: 4
Flipped Off 5 Times in 5 Posts
TA2LURCH is a glorious beacon of lightTA2LURCH is a glorious beacon of lightTA2LURCH is a glorious beacon of lightTA2LURCH is a glorious beacon of lightTA2LURCH is a glorious beacon of lightTA2LURCH is a glorious beacon of lightTA2LURCH is a glorious beacon of lightTA2LURCH is a glorious beacon of lightTA2LURCH is a glorious beacon of lightTA2LURCH is a glorious beacon of lightTA2LURCH is a glorious beacon of light
Fighter of the Month 

man theres been a lot of srads hoppin up lately.

TA2LURCH is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-24-2009, 08:04 PM   #49
Gixooligan
Visions of Grandeur
Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TA2LURCH View Post
man theres been a lot of srads hoppin up lately.
No kidding, right? And I thought I was being (somewhat) unique when I started this last year... bah.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-10-2009, 10:43 PM   #50
Gixooligan
Visions of Grandeur
Fighterer

UPDATE 03/10/09

Not a whole lot to show for the past few weeks; just got a few more minor items.

At the end of last summer I discovered that riding around without mirrors really sucks. I don't like having to turn around all the time just to check behind me. So I went ahead and grabbed some bar-ends. I wanted to clamp them to the clip-ons, but there wasn't enough space.

Also, since there was NO other red on the bike, I also picked up some powdercoated levers.

Finally, also got a new set of rearsets. I got tired of the old ones; the brake-side bracket was broken, and though I made a plate to hold it together, it still looked pretty terrible, Needless to say, I love how these look!

In addition, I got a 2007 GSXR swingarm (black of course). I have to do a little modification to it, and make a tool to get the old one off. Should look sick though. The weather should improve this week, and I hope to get it done by then.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes