Smoker's Custom Motard - Page 5 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Smoker's Custom Motard

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-29-2009, 03:30 PM   #41
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:40 PM
Flip Offs: 33
Flipped Off 12 Times in 11 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here
Default Re: Smoker's Custom Motard

Aprilia RXV swingarm looks great:

But the RXV frame looks like shit (even if it's stiffer and lighter), I'd rather use the old RZ350 frame!

Smoker is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-30-2009, 01:09 AM   #42
Scrapyard
Build It Ride It Live It
Scrapyard's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:40 PM
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 20 Times in 14 Posts
Scrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud of
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Fighter of the Month 

Bodywork is CRF450. I've seen that pic of Metz befor. I want to say it's like 02-04. Try that.
Scrapyard is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-30-2009, 07:50 AM   #43
stuntninja
Fucking Newb...Oh wait

stuntninja's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:40 AM
Flip Offs: 89
Flipped Off 93 Times in 69 Posts
stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuntninja View Post
Looks like an 02 CRF 250 to me. Or at least real close.
Damn, Well I was close...

stuntninja is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-30-2009, 05:59 PM   #44
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Well, I'm probably getting ahead of myself - but I just found an Aprilia SXV swingarm for sale.

I don't want to buy it yet, because I don't know the length, width, and where I could attach the upper bushings on the RZ350 dogbones (L-brackets) to the Aprilia swingarm.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-31-2009, 02:46 AM   #45
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

If you don't want to hack up the stock bike in great shape, I've got a currently CA registered 85 RZ350 in need of a new bottom and top end (and forks, and some other stuff) that I'd let go reasonably cheap.
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-31-2009, 12:09 PM   #46
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Man, I'm so insane sometimes.

In negotiations now to purchase some new, and near new condition Aprilia SXV parts. Frame, swingarm, forks, and some other stuff.

These parts are EXPENSIVE, but very difficult to find, except on a complete used bike. If I can get enough good quality used parts, then maybe I can add the custom parts and build this thing without breaking the bank.

Purchasing this frame is not a lock, yet. I think the seller wants to sell it to a race team, or aprilia owner who needs it. We'll see.

I know I said the frame is ugly, but I didn't expect to be able to get one, and the other parts I need. Ugly or not, it would perform miles better than the RZ-framed motard.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-31-2009, 12:17 PM   #47
veritas4156
Simplify
Fighter
veritas4156's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:40 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
veritas4156 is a NOOB

If you could pull off a SSSA with a bling old school caddy spoke wheel I bet you it would look absolutely ridiculous and handle like shit but you'd be the only one in the world with one. Someone photochop that shit.
veritas4156 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-31-2009, 04:12 PM   #48
Anro
Fighterer
Anro's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:40 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
Anro is a NOOB

SSSA + spokes would be fun
Anro is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-31-2009, 04:26 PM   #49
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anro View Post
SSSA + spokes would be fun
Well, this whole thing started with the SXV swigarm. I would much rather have the SXV swingarm than any SSS.

The main problem I have with SSSs is that they are much heavier than a standard arm, but don't perform as well.

I will be doing a SSS on my NS400R project bike. (Believe it, or not - I'm negotiating now with someone selling a one-off SSS conversion for the NS400R). The problem is, he doesn't want to sell all the parts that go with it and they are a BITCH to fabricate (I know the guy who originally made them).
This user High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-01-2009, 02:07 AM   #50
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Fundamental problem with using the Aprilia SXV frame & RZ engine swap.

The Aprilia runs a V-twin engine (narrow). The RZ350 engine is a parallel twin (wide). The Aprilia engine sits inside the frame rails. The RZ engine is much wider than it's OEM frame, and much wider than the Aprilia frame.

I can see that the RZ engine would need to be placed a few inches forward from where the Aprilia engine is normally. Besides moving the weight forward on the bike, it may cause problems with tire/exhaust pipes clearance and radiator mounting.

Have to look at this more closely. Tomorrow, I'm going to an Aprilia dealer - hopefully I can get some actual measurements.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes