The nice thread - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Anything non-motorcycle related goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > The nice thread

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-28-2019, 04:14 AM   #1
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Local Time: 03:31 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 5 Times in 3 Posts
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Fighter of the Month 
Default The nice thread

Has someone done something nice for you or do you want to blow your own trumpet about doing something nice for someone else, could even be your old lady, doesn't have to be motorcycle related.....here's the place.

I had some errands to do, pick up some nail gun oil and gas, so I take my VFR800 with a rack and bag on the back.

Got home and see that my bag had bounced off...I guess it was when I was navigating the urban obstacle course and speed humps and practicing my crusty old man demon moves.

I do a quick turn around and head back to where the fun was being had about 10 minutes away, I do a couple laps of where I think I got airbourne the most, maximum maybe 3 inches......no bag, dam.

As I am stopped I can hear my phone ring and can answer it, its my daughter back at home and some stranger has just rolled up looking for me with my motorcycle bag in hand, she puts him on the phone, he tells me he saw a driver pick my bag up from the center of the road and put it to the side, he see's this and stops, rummages through it, finds an old delivery envelope with my address and then decides to home deliver it back to my house.

Said his name was Steve and took off before I could get home or offer any form of reward.

Steve, thank you.....legend
bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-01-2019, 07:22 PM   #2
ROBBO
MAJOR FOOKIN' CATASTROPHY
ROBBO's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:31 PM
Flip Offs: 643
Flipped Off 1,366 Times in 753 Posts
ROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month Default Medal Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: The nice thread

This issa good thred mate ! Nice stories are few and far between be real good to share some .

...ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL...
ROBBO' 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post

Fucking reaper better fear me.
ROBBO is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived ROBBO!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-01-2019, 10:14 PM   #3
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:31 PM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus

So I have this coworker. He's a good dude, but has the WORST luck of pretty much anybody I've ever met. His car's transmission shit the bed, he spent $800 getting it fixed, then a week later the engine blew. Borrowed a family member's extra car, went outside the next morning and somehow it had decided to dump all of the oil onto the ground overnight. Can't sell the first car because he owes more on the loan than the car's worth and doesn't have the spare funds to cover it (this also requires full-coverage insurance, even though he can't drive it). Wife got a good job offer, quit her job to work there, and then the new company dropped the offer which cut their income in half. Never ending list of shit like that, guy can't catch a break, and the (now-ex) wife won't stop spending money on dumb shit. Can't help feeling bad for him.

So my dad came into a free car and asked if I knew anybody in need, and I mentioned the coworker. We put new brakes on it, fresh fluids, and my entire shop pitched in for new tires. Thing's an old piece of shit, but it's a good piece of shit that's got plenty of years left in it going from point A to point B in the ugliest way possible.
Had coworker meet me at dad's place, we threw the new wheels and tires on, signed the title over, and off he went. Extremely thankful to have a vehicle that was decent on gas, wouldn't give him problems, and he didn't owe any money on. There was also a bit of leftover from the tire fund donations that went to him to help with registration costs and such.

Was rear-ended and totalled like a month later

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived mcantar!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-02-2019, 03:27 AM   #4
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBBO View Post
This issa good thred mate ! Nice stories are few and far between be real good to share some .
Its easy to whinge, moan, complain and very enjoyable sometimes, but it takes more effort to appreciate and remember the nice experiences....

Hope it catches on.... just a little bit
This user High Fived bonehead!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-02-2019, 03:32 AM   #5
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Fighter of the Month 

Was rear-ended and totalled like a month later [/QUOTE]

Good story, well told, great puch line, can't help laughing, poor bugger can't get a even break, here's hoping he's still out there banging away , a survivor!!
These people High Fived bonehead!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-02-2019, 04:36 AM   #6
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:31 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Dude... Damn nice of you to pull that off though can't help but to feel kinship to your workmate as some of that story feels all too familiar...

Benelli Tornado TRE Novecento 2006
EX: Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA 2002 Fighter
My homebrew blog thread thingy: Oddball Brewery
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Mattson!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-02-2019, 09:58 AM   #7
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattson View Post
Dude... Damn nice of you to pull that off though can't help but to feel kinship to your workmate as some of that story feels all too familiar...
You know, I was gonna make a joke about that, but passed. Gotta admit you came to mind as soon as I started reading it
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-10-2019, 05:17 AM   #8
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Fighter of the Month 

VFR's are nice and since I was cleaning out the garage.............

Name:  cf1.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  134.4 KB

Name:  cf2.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  76.8 KB

Name:  cf3.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  141.7 KB
These people High Fived bonehead!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-10-2019, 05:37 AM   #9
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:31 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Got both the opportunity and green light from the government to spluge an obscene amount of money into beer brewing machinery in the summer. Gonna be raising my batch size from 16-18L to around 40 per brew. Plus electricity is much safer indoors than flame, and being semi-automated I don't have to babysit it the entire time.

Benelli Tornado TRE Novecento 2006
EX: Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA 2002 Fighter
My homebrew blog thread thingy: Oddball Brewery
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Mattson!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-20-2019, 07:15 PM   #10
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Finally got the bill from the hospital from when I cut my hand. Had no idea how much to expect and have to admit it was on my mind often. Ended up being $256.90.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion