cheap electric 3/8 ratchet - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Tools

Streetfighter Tools Discussion about the tools you use to build and modify your streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > cheap electric 3/8 ratchet

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-14-2019, 01:02 PM   #1
rabies
time is running out......

Senior Fighterer
rabies's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:34 AM
Flip Offs: 1,383
Flipped Off 37 Times in 33 Posts
rabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to behold
Default cheap electric 3/8 ratchet

anyone have one and use one?
I see them for about $40 shpd on ebay.
thougth about buying one.
none have real brand names.
rabies is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-14-2019, 11:09 PM   #2
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:34 AM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus
Default Re: cheap electric 3/8 ratchet

I've never used a powered ratchet that I liked, air or electric. Not enough power to really do much, too bulky to fit into the places they'd otherwise be good for (limited access where a normal ratchet is cumbersome to crank on). Useless tools, IMO.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-15-2019, 02:12 AM   #3
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:34 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 116 Times in 103 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

I used to use an air ratchet a lot back in my car days. We were always pulling manifolds or bellhousings that had a lot of bolts in weird places. But in general, I agree with Mac. They are clumsy and I haven't used mine in years.

If you can use a pneumatic one you can have mine for the cost of shipping. I think it was a Husky brand. Nothing fancy, but it never acted up.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-15-2019, 09:21 AM   #4
rabies

Senior Fighterer
rabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to behold

I use the little impact a lot. saves a lot of time.
I bought an electric ratchet for dirt cheap. for tight spaces.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-10-2019, 08:48 PM   #5
OneLeggedDave
NoObie
Noobie
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
OneLeggedDave is a NOOB

I picked up an electric 3/8 ratchet when the snap on truck had 'em on sale since i already had the batteries that would work with it. I am a motorcycle mechanic and use it aaaaalllllllllllllllll the time at work. With a set of short ball-end allen sockets and a set of u-joint sockets it's great in tight or odd places. A set of short allen sockets (without the ball-end) go great with it as well. Short hex sockets too.... You get the picture. You should get a mini grease gun to lube up the head of the thing if you're gonna be using it daily. I use mine a ton and if you can get one on the cheap you'll likely find it's more useful than you would initially expect.
OneLeggedDave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-11-2019, 09:29 AM   #6
rabies

Senior Fighterer

ended up buying a Chinese $30 one on ebay for now. wish dewalt made one. I have all dewalt tools.
I use the 20v dewalt pocket impact on everything. but its cumbersome.
at one point in the mechanic journey I started using them. now I cringe when guys use a ratchet to build something. it ....takes...forever....
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-12-2019, 12:03 AM   #7
Fight Everything
Rollin hard in Wiscompton

CF Pimp
Fight Everything's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 55
Flipped Off 45 Times in 35 Posts
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Dude, you'd hate to see me on my daily work. Only power tool I have with me is a 1/4" Bostitch impact. Been more focused on having all the right and necessary tools that I haven't been putting any money into the ease of use tools. But now that I have most of what I need, power tools are next. Looking at the Milwaukee Fuel stuff. Big money, but big power, long life batteries. Quality costs
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-12-2019, 09:32 AM   #8
rabies

Senior Fighterer

that was my other option was milwakue feul. lots and lots of ad ons. but was too $. plus the starter dewalt kit was a gift.
but I'm all for handtools. I just have so much to do and little time to do it all.
especialy when my adhd has me working on 3 bikes at once
This user High Fived rabies!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-13-2019, 03:10 PM   #9
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:34 AM
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 13 Times in 10 Posts
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here

I can vouch for the Milwaukee stuff but it IS kinda pricey. I have both 1/4 and 3/8 electric ratchets and while neither are torque powerhouses, that's not what they're for. They move fasteners quickly and both are about the same size as air powered ratchets. I use them daily as a mechanic and so long as you keep the spare batteries charged they work great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

My Build http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=118649
XxGRYMMxX is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-13-2019, 09:43 PM   #10
Fight Everything
Rollin hard in Wiscompton

CF Pimp
Fight Everything's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 55
Flipped Off 45 Times in 35 Posts
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGRYMMxX View Post
I can vouch for the Milwaukee stuff but it IS kinda pricey. I have both 1/4 and 3/8 electric ratchets and while neither are torque powerhouses, that's not what they're for. They move fasteners quickly and both are about the same size as air powered ratchets. I use them daily as a mechanic and so long as you keep the spare batteries charged they work great.
I had a Ridgid X4 1/4 drive impact (bit style) and it would do just about anything short of remove lug nuts off a golf cart. I currently have a Bostitch version, and it seems to have even more grunt. Not that I exactly need a 1/4 drive to have quite that much dugga dugga, but it's nice considering its the only impact I have at all. I'm looking forward to dropping some paychecks in the semi near future on new equipment. Prolly after I start the new Youtube videos and have the shop back in order
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Tools