custom lithium Batteries - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Electrical and Lights

Electrical and Lights Anything related to the fabrication of lights and other electrical components goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > custom lithium Batteries

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-10-2019, 08:41 AM   #11
rabies
time is running out......

Senior Fighterer
rabies's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:09 AM
Flip Offs: 1,383
Flipped Off 37 Times in 33 Posts
rabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to beholdrabies is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: custom lithium Batteries

i seen the simplicity of building one. but where can you buy the base and top clamp pieces to hold the a123 batteries. like a non solder kit. clamping batteries together with jumpers.
rabies is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-10-2019, 11:39 PM   #12
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:09 AM
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 56 Times in 46 Posts
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabies View Post
i seen the simplicity of building one. but where can you buy the base and top clamp pieces to hold the a123 batteries. like a non solder kit. clamping batteries together with jumpers.
Hobby shop or r/c supply

Find me on Facebook at Sebspeed Customs

Float like a Goldwing, sting like a gixxer

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
SEBSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived SEBSPEED!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-17-2019, 06:32 PM   #13
Auser6guy
Noobie
Local Time: 07:09 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Auser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of light

Are there any implications with charging/discharging lithium cells ? I need a custom shape one as mentioned here and Ive heard things about maximum discharge voltages and current draws.....I don’t want toasted nuts
Auser6guy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-18-2019, 12:44 PM   #14
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:09 AM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus

Just 3D print a battery pack enclosure to hold a handful of 18650 batteries.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-29-2019, 09:07 AM   #15
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:09 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 39 Times in 38 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

so client brought in a battery he purchased from us a while ago, thats dead... like nothing on terminals

it's way pass his warranty but he was annoying enough to piss me off and i sent it towards company owner. anyway we decided to cut the battery open and look whats inside

here you can see that positive terminal wire has burned, probably because of bigger loads or the fact that HOG's like to rattle like crazy. nevermind the fact that we already changed one battery for unknown reasons at the moment.

anyway i soldered it back on, was a bit of a struggle. and it works, has voltage, has CCA even holds 200A load(barely though)

so the morale of the story... these batteries are made from lithium polimer packs. 4pcs and had ballancing unit inside it to keep cells ballanced. what i'm surprised there is no overload protection, not even fuse

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived rex_saugerty!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-29-2019, 09:48 AM   #16
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

found another warranty item, that was left with us. there are 8 packs. 2+2+2+2. this one has one cell(s) dead. so might assemble pack in 1/2 of size... because why not

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-15-2019, 05:10 AM   #17
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
Fighter of the Month 

so for the sake of experimenting i did some experimenting

managed to get 4 okey cells from this pack that had 2 completely dead. was too scared to cut them apart with angle grinder and we dont have poverfull soldering toold to get those tabs unsoldered so i cut them with hand saw like i could.

then i went on to spot weld them together. since the surfaces werent perfect it wasnt an easy task, after that i added some acid and solder on top for better connection.

this is the end result so far. tested with tester and pack emits 169A (EN)

i already sent matti a link, found new packs in china. i have few ballancer units at work from completely dead ones. might order them and do a better spot weld after. now i have to press on cable shoes and test it on bike... might even get a box 3d printed and use it for a while

This user High Fived rex_saugerty!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Electrical and Lights