Father and daughter atc70 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis

Dirty Tards & Minis Everything about dirtbikes, motards and minis goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Father and daughter atc70

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-19-2019, 02:03 PM   #1
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
titan's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:49 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 14 Times in 2 Posts
titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Father and daughter atc70

Last year a mate dropped of a very abused (used) ATC 70. I may have posted but can find it if I did. This was given to us to do as we wanted, but mainly for my daughter to cut her teeth on. We started stripping it back last year but she lost a bit of drive.

This weekend I didn't have much on so we dragged it in the work shop and I got to work.

Stripped it completely to the frame. Then I borrowed a mates blasting cabinet and shot blasted most of the bits that would fit. I then cleaned and sanded what wouldn't. Now it sat mocked up ready for the next phase.

The plan is one of two

Restore it..

Or make a drift trike. That will involve fitting a pit bike front end, go-cart rear wheels and a 140cc put bike engine.

Time to have a think

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

ride it like you stole it

Customization not Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
2019 build off - build - chat
titan is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived titan!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-19-2019, 06:04 PM   #2
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 01:49 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Father and daughter atc70

Drift trike would mean finding a place to use it with tarmac but no security.

Get it working again and rag it round the fields. Ykims

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived a_morti!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-19-2019, 06:13 PM   #3
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_morti View Post
Drift trike would mean finding a place to use it with tarmac but no security.

Get it working again and rag it round the fields. Ykims
One of the problems with Wales is they have zero tolerance for illegal riding off road but there is loads of old runways you can use almost 180 on everywhere else

Quote:
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
This user High Fived titan!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-19-2019, 10:06 PM   #4
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:49 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 116 Times in 103 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

You been mass producing knucks over there?

I dunno what to do with something like that, but I'm in!
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-20-2019, 06:01 PM   #5
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
You been mass producing knucks over there?

I dunno what to do with something like that, but I'm in!
The knuckles are because I was playing around with some camera stuff for some graphics for my van and trying to get the right amount of contrast on the used look.

Thinking about it today I may use the engine. It's not the original ATC 70 which would be worth quite a bit. Not only that I think sticking a 140cc engine might be too much for the kids.

Anyway I tore it apart. I need to replace the kicker, all gaskets, and give it a good clean but generally it all looks good. So if nothing else will do for now.

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-20-2019, 06:50 PM   #6
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict

Inspiration pic

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-20-2019, 11:24 PM   #7
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Mongoose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:49 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

i built a drift trike thing.. was a hoot. other than pushing it back up a hill..
Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Mongoose!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-21-2019, 11:45 AM   #8
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Lover
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:49 AM
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

You could always make a throttle stop for the big engine

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, WR450SM street legal, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Junkie!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-22-2019, 04:30 PM   #9
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict

Today I grabbed a Chinese bike a mate had sat in his garage. It has the same style clone engine but 110cc so that will do. It does have extra bits too only issue is the carbs won't fit so first snag to work out.

The C70 engine is stripped and cleaned it needs a few parts of I'm going to use it later on.

Quote:
These people High Fived titan!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-28-2019, 02:09 PM   #10
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict

So this weekend I fitted that engine, then took it out again because the carb wouldn't fit with the electric starter. Then sold the bike to be told you can buy a 3 adapter plate to swivel the carb. So I made the seat. I know we don't do chequer plate round here but what else am I gonna use it for ???

Quote:

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis