Matty's Italian Job (Benelli Tornado TRE 900) - Page 31 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion

Other Motorcycle Discussion Anything about any other type of motorcycle goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Matty's Italian Job (Benelli Tornado TRE 900)

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-23-2019, 02:49 AM   #301
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:00 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Matty's Italian Job (Benelli Tornado TRE 900)

Pretty much I figured it out. I don't have the alarm connector as it appears to be cut off and the alarm hardwired in but if I had one It's 1-2 and 3-4 a.k.a. "rele sicurezza" needs power from the ten amp general fuse and the starter relay want's a ground, all there is to it. See, studying pays off

Benelli Tornado TRE Novecento 2006
EX: Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA 2002 Fighter
My homebrew blog thread thingy: Oddball Brewery
Mattson is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-26-2019, 06:05 PM   #302
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Did the said modifications into the wiring loom and hey presto the bike wakes up without the alarm! Gave myself a few mini heart attacks in the process too as first nothing happens until I remember oh yea the general fuse is unplugged then even though I did hear the security relay fire the gauge stayed dead until I remembered oh yea I unplugged it, hooked it in and everything`s working, turn the key off do a few things then key it back on and nothing happens until I realize oh yea the ground wire I twisted on but didn`t yet solder popped off etc... When I got the electric stuff working I noticed this thing in the picture... Remember when I pondered about the throttle being super quick? The bike`s no slouch as is but IMO was missing that final bite the 900:s usually have, well turns out the previous cunt has routed the ground wire wrong and it`s restricting the throttle movement! Oh and in case you`re wondering yes the wiring harness has been re-wrapped, took a roll and a half of black electric tape.

Much better.

Once I get the tupperware back on gonna be lifting the front end up and swapping this bad boy on the front rim.

These people High Fived Mattson!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-26-2019, 06:18 PM   #303
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:00 AM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattson View Post
took a roll and a half of black electric tape.
Oh man, future you or maybe the next owner is gonna fucking hate you lol. Nothing worse than old electrical tape... all goopy and sticky and gross.

This stuff is cheap and works:
https://www.amazon.com/Alex-Tech-25f...tronics&sr=1-5

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived mcantar!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-26-2019, 06:30 PM   #304
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Hehe the loom was wrapped together with that cloth tape they use on hockey sticks soaked in steering damper oil and other shit, first thing I did was wash the whole length with brake cleaner and let it vapor off making sure it`s dry everywhere before wrapping. I even added a thick fused wire all the way from the battery to the gauge just so I don`t have to do it again if I ever need power for sth like heated grips or a cigarette socket or sth.

If after all I`ve done to the bike the single thing that the next owner will be hating me for is wrapping the wiring harness in electrical tape then I say I`ve done my work well.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-30-2019, 06:48 AM   #305
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

She runs. Just came back from a quick pop in the grocery store, couldn't open her up downtown but it does start and run now with the alarm in the bin. Next up front tire then wash, clay it and a few coats of wax. And some showroom polish.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-31-2019, 12:48 PM   #306
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Second tire I've ever swapped myself, went surprisingly smooth aside one nasty ding on the rim from a tire iron bouncing off before I got the protector in between. With the help of my neighbour's compressor got the bead popped on, once the rascals go to bed gonna go balance it and get it back on the bike.

This user High Fived Mattson!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-31-2019, 03:50 PM   #307
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

What the bloody fuck... Dug the balancing rig down from the top shelf, hooked the rim up with the new tire... It's in pitch perfect balance without doing fuck all!!! I can give it a light tug and it fucking spins for minutes. Cannot find a heavy spot if I tried, and I did. Guess I got off easy this time.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-06-2019, 02:38 PM   #308
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:00 AM
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 13 Times in 10 Posts
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here

After all the BS you went through so far, I would imagine a bit of good luck is in order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

My Build http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=118649
XxGRYMMxX is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-07-2019, 04:34 AM   #309
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Heh well I do welcome any good fortune, just left me a bit like ...that's it?

Totally forgot to mention I went to a meet this tuesday, can happily say that the low speed awkwardness is for the most part gone and the turning characteristics were completely transformed by the new tire. With the old hex nut shaped one you kinda had to force the bike into the lean wereas now it more or less falls into the corner by itself. Had fun shooting shit with other riders for a couple hours, so much so that I totally forgot to take a single picture. Not a huge turnout but still a nice change to the daily grind. One feller had a noise meter with him so just for the hell of it we did a standing noise test, turns out this bike shouts out 97db @4500rpm. Not that much but enough to ban me from the nearest race track. No biggie going to Alastaro in august.

But enough of the bike for now, I'm utterly done with maintenance shit for now and itching to build, fetching the carcass of a kids ATV from my moms this weekend, gonna cut it up and start building a crosskart buggy for the boys for the next summer, may even make a thread out of it should someone be interested.

This user High Fived Mattson!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-07-2019, 07:48 AM   #310
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:00 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

I have team across several neutral balanced tire/wheels. I think when you have quality rims and tires the chances of it happening is greater.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion