Leroy's XT500Retro - Page 5 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2019 Winter Build-off > 2019 Winter Build-off Build Threads

2019 Winter Build-off Build Threads Only post here if you are the builder! Comments in the Discussion threads please.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Leroy's XT500Retro

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-21-2019, 06:21 PM   #41
Leroy
GURU
CF Lover
Leroy's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:21 AM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Leroy's XT500Retro

Tic toc time is running out

Pressed the adapter in to the filter. Fits nice and tight

changed my mind about the front mudguard mount and made a bridged bracket from aluminium sheet

Installed the rear indicators and took her out for some pictures
I haven't bolt down the seat yet.

All I have to do is add a boot for the wires on the left front side of the bike, paint the mudguard bracket and the chain guard and I'm done!
Leroy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Leroy!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-23-2019, 06:37 PM   #42
Leroy
GURU
CF Lover
Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Got the bike to tune the carbs and adjust the valves.
I had already adjusted them but after the ride to the exhaust workshop I had a litle noise coming from the head cover.
So for the piece of mind I will let him to doublecheck it.
The Yamaha emblem turned to red. It's reflecting the red from the table. I kinda like it

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-28-2019, 06:34 PM   #43
Leroy
GURU
CF Lover

I'm still here, I haven't give up yet
I took the bike back from the mechanic the last Friday.
The noise from the head was was from the screw valve adjusters. Replaced all four. Also tuned the carbs and the bike runs smooth with out any noise. At least from the engine, bacause the exhaust is still very loud. I might make a db killer, if I make it on time.

All those days I was working on the bike. I just didn't have the time to post any update.
So the caliper mount is done

A litle primer with the spray gun

Painted too and let the parts cure in the oven. It's an old replacement from the kitchen

So now the front fender, front caliper and front chain protector is on the bike. I had the old plastic rear chain cover in fair good contition, so this one is on the bike too. I think it flows well with the rest of the bike.

Took the bike to do some chores I had to do here and there but the time passed and the sun had already gone.
The top clamp still had the holes for the risers. I closed those holes with two button bolts just for the looks

At the end of the day I stoped next to the sea to relax and take some photos

The bike handle very good considering the lower front end. Of course I haven't try to dip in the corner, but you can lean in with out to worry. It's steady and feels safe. I have the bike two days now and the SV and the GSXR is resting to the garage. I don't want to ride anything else.

I will try to take some pictures and video at the daylight. That's it for now!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-30-2019, 06:44 PM   #44
Leroy
GURU
CF Lover

Yesterday wile I was coming back from work, the rear fender mount snapped and I was draging it from the tail light loom on the road

I cleaned what have left from the mudguard mount

And some primer and paint on the spot

I should have make a mount to the opposed side. I will fix it sometime just not now. Now I just want to ride that thing. Of cource the desaster didn't stop there. The speedo didn't wok at all. No neutral or hi beam or indicators lights worked. The head light and tacho is working fine.... WTF!

Any way I went to a local store and bought a Koso speedo and a tail light. Striped the bike to make a tail light, speedo and license plate mount all from aluminium at the same day and paint it. Cured to the oven and fited to the bike. I was working on the bike until very late. I went to my home 00:30. I don't how I make it to wake up 6:00 at the morning.

Today I went to the work with her again and took some pictures. Of course the license plate is much more steady from the previous version.

So here is the bike with the new tail light, speedo and license plate mount.

Everything looks and feel good. I got to clean the bike, take some pictures and a video and then ride and ride and ride.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-31-2019, 04:49 PM   #45
Leroy
GURU
CF Lover

So This is the end of the project I'm done!
Thanks to all of you for your support, your ideas and to any one who watched this thread.

Some scenes from the ride

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFyRC8Km5V0

And a walk around from the finished bike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu7VDoHMBi4

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2019 Winter Build-off > 2019 Winter Build-off Build Threads