DR350 engine into DR125 frame - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Street Fighter Swaps > Engine Swaps

Engine Swaps Engine Swap Discussion goes here

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > DR350 engine into DR125 frame

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-01-2018, 12:50 AM   #1
Gacek
NoObie
Noobie
Local Time: 01:31 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gacek is a NOOB
Default DR350 engine into DR125 frame

Hello everyone,

In my introduction post I showed my 1997 Suzuki DR125. It is my first project, and like most project there will always be something to upgrade or improve.
At first I was thinking about selling it, and start a complete New project based on varadero 125 frame and Vtr 250 engine, but as it usualy is, life comes in, to be more specific my weeding (not even a month from it) and buying a land to build a home.
So the New project is too expensive, I would like to upgrade an engine and remodel subframe during the winter.

On the web ther are very few information about this type of swap, so I'm asking you. Thoes any one have a DR350 engine, and could check the dimensions of mounting points? It would really help me to understand if I have to make some major modification in frame.

Thanks a lot for any help.

Wysłane z mojego RNE-L21 przy użyciu Tapatalka
Gacek is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-01-2018, 02:34 AM   #2
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:31 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: DR350 engine into DR125 frame

Czescz!

I am not sure about putting a vtr250 into a Varadero 125. The vtr frame and bodywork look really nice. The Varadero doesn't. I'm not sure what you would gain?

Dt350 into dt125 seems a better idea. Maybe. But a dtr125 engine already has around 30 horsepower if you derestrict it.

I'd question why you want to put a bigger engine in two only ok 125 frames though? You'll never convince a cop a 350 is a 125, if you have a learner's permit only.

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-01-2018, 03:03 AM   #3
Gacek
NoObie
Noobie
Gacek is a NOOB

I think you are talking about different engine. DT is from Yamaha if I remember right. And it's a two stroke. DR125 and 350 are 4 strokes. When it comes to engine sizes, there is not much of a differance, as for the cops... Most of them don't give a damn about riders. In 4 years a was controled once, for my friend stupid overtaking an undercover cop. So it doesnt brother me very much.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-01-2018, 06:54 AM   #4
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 08:31 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

In that case you might as well go the whole distance and fit a 660 single in.

Or just get a proper license and ride legally.

Just remembered your build thread. Great looking little bike.

The Varadero ist relatively a pretty heavy bike. But considering your first project, be great to see what you can do.

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-01-2018, 07:47 AM   #5
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:31 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 40 Times in 39 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_morti View Post
Czescz!
i may be mistaken, but that looks like polish

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-01-2018, 07:50 AM   #6
Gacek
NoObie
Noobie
Gacek is a NOOB

It's nearly correct.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-02-2018, 07:17 AM   #7
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:31 AM
Flip Offs: 35
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Comparing the OEM microfiche for the DR125 frame and the DR350 frame.

The 350 and 650 frames are quite different from the 125 frame in the cradle area.

Could still be possible. Looking closely at the fiches and photos of the frames and engines should tell you a lot.
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-02-2018, 12:23 PM   #8
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:31 PM
Flip Offs: 10
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Big bore the 350 as well.

Striving to remain dynamic in an ever-evolving environment and shit like that.
RS_Raz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived RS_Raz!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-03-2018, 05:31 AM   #9
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:31 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 40 Times in 39 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Raz View Post
Big bore the 350 as well.
Turboooooooo

Sent from Erics moms house

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-03-2018, 05:41 AM   #10
RS_Raz
Dickhead
Senior Fighterer
RS_Raz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:31 PM
Flip Offs: 10
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!RS_Raz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Fine. Big bore turbo!

Striving to remain dynamic in an ever-evolving environment and shit like that.
RS_Raz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived RS_Raz!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Street Fighter Swaps > Engine Swaps