Rex Saugerty RC31 junkyard track motorcycle temptation part II - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2018 Winter Buildoff > Bike Build Threads

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Rex Saugerty RC31 junkyard track motorcycle temptation part II

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-02-2017, 03:38 PM   #1
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:27 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 40 Times in 39 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 
Default Rex Saugerty RC31 junkyard track motorcycle temptation part II

So here i am, alot further than before

story so far

and finished product would like to have around this

pics from yesterday, with my ladies phone with a date

anyway, today i went to garage to clean it up and get some room freed up for all bikes and comfortable winter working

then i looked up at fireblade frame i have lying around and noticed, that it has some parts i needed for bros. so i took them off for usage on frame mount

after that i fitted staightened triples back on, after picking them up yesterday. and thought that that is it for working around bike. then i looked at 900rr subframe that had been a bit chopped before i got it and canibalized it for parts to build subframe on bike. but that will be after iļl cut out tail out of styrofoam and make a decent working tail for bike

on the left cleaned from welding seams, on the right before

looks good on bike

still trying to sort out car selling to fund all the parts i need.

-clutch backet with plates
-CDI
-coils
-chain and sprockets
-tyres
-rearsets
-rear brakes
-clipons

also i need to sort out
-wheel spacers
-ignition wiring from lithium battery
-get tail done
-get fuel cell done
-sort out rear shock after
-paint that bitch

actually im quite optimistic about getting it done this year
-

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived rex_saugerty!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-03-2017, 01:04 PM   #2
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Rex Saugerty RC31 junkyard track motorcycle temptation part II

So about rear shock.

Looked around and found that closest length of shock that is mounted without linkages are er6 at length of 285mm instead of 265mm I have now. So in true spirit of customization I drilled two holes im wood plank at length of 285mm, then fitted on bike

Keep in mind that there will be a sag with actual shock mounted. Also there are lowering kits for er6 available as spring retainers or springs itself

Edit: Also front isnt bolted on accordingly. Front of bike will be a bit higher

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-06-2017, 06:31 AM   #3
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
Fighter of the Month 

so from photoshop mockup i made a vector file and printed it out on 5 a4 sized sheets and cut out a shape of tail templetate

it seems a bit too short on seat, so i extended it to the maximum for my styrofoam block, you can always cut off

we had some troubles with our hotwire setum. i reckon it is the wrong wire material, or maybe we need bigger car battery. so we had to cut it by hand, allowing wire to stretch. not the smoothest surface, but i'll sand it anyway to make more smooth round shape

now i need to draw top shape on block and cut it out. tank is a bit closer to back of seat than it would be. but to be honest it felt really nice to sit on it. arse pressed onback of seat and you can lean on tank comfortable

maybe will go there and draw lines today. maybe cut too... then i need to mock up tank brackets and test fit it all on bike. so tail and tank has neat lines that goes with rest of bike

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-06-2017, 02:16 PM   #4
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
Fighter of the Month 

Did some rough cutting. Not the prettiest, but will be alright. Now i need to buy some sandpaper and maybe one of those files for working on rigips(i know that name so ill go with it)

Yes it looks bulky, but ill smooth it out, and it will be allright. Better leave more than having not enough space

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-20-2017, 12:46 PM   #5
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
Fighter of the Month 

so for the last week i' ve been busy and spent all free time to shape that piece of block into something i wouls call a tail.

when i thought i am done with it, i placed it on bike and realized i have failed, because it was too wide and to fat for that bike

so today i ended up narrowing it down and cutting underside a bit off. with fairing looks a lot better. that black tank doesnt help with looks, but i dont thing i' ve gone far too off in size from my original thought. shape is a bit different though. keep in mind tail will be about 4cm forward and 2cm lower

need to take sandpaper and sand it down, fill some unwanted holes and ready for first layer of fiberglass

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-26-2017, 02:23 PM   #6
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
Fighter of the Month 

finally got to the garage today. with kid tho, so no powertools. she is scared of angle grinder. also didnt wanted to ruin her loungs with sanding and forming tail. so i took the front end off to get stem rethreaded a bit, so it fits bros head better. and sprocket carrier got studs removed. because i'll get it mashined a bit, because it is too high and i dont have space to align rear wheel. Little one helped to take studs out. she actually has quite the strenght to turn wrenches. tomorrow gonna give parts to my lathe guy to get machined

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-27-2017, 03:24 PM   #7
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
Fighter of the Month 

Shortened the tail to the approximate seat lenght of rc45. And started to smoothen it out a bit. Also started to assemble the fort. Gonna have to buy some tape so I can drive the seals in and fill with oil

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-30-2017, 08:29 AM   #8
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
Fighter of the Month 

Changed the oil seals on forks, but dust seals are 1mm too big for forks itself. Is it normal!? I got a set for 900rr 45mm forks. Kinda confused here. Can i sand the diameter off? Inner lip fits great. Its just it wont fit the fork lower

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-01-2017, 07:51 AM   #9
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
Fighter of the Month 

nevermind. lubed it it

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-12-2017, 11:49 AM   #10
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
Fighter of the Month 

picked up something nice today

now need to find time to bend them into shape i need

also got my sprocket carrier shaved a bit, so i can actually fit the rear wheel within swingarm and find the center position

waiting for front steering stem to be remade so it fits bike. then gonna install 900rr forks.
also in middle of trying to score fiberglass and resin. got offered a nice price, but unsure about resin type

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2018 Winter Buildoff > Bike Build Threads