Rex Saugerty RC31 junkyard track motorcycle temptation part II - Page 3 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2018 Winter Buildoff > Bike Build Threads

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Rex Saugerty RC31 junkyard track motorcycle temptation part II

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-11-2018, 04:01 PM   #21
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:15 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 40 Times in 39 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Rex Saugerty RC31 junkyard track motorcycle temptation part II

did some modeling for bike today. gonna send them off for 3d printing in ABS plastic.

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived rex_saugerty!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-15-2018, 06:53 AM   #22
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

i'll just leave this here. while i'm getting my ratiator unwrapped and waiting for chain adjusters and rear brake disc, brake bracket, exhaust pipe, and trying to decide what day i'll pick up rear shock

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-16-2018, 05:26 AM   #23
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
Fighter of the Month 

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-18-2018, 03:06 PM   #24
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
Fighter of the Month 

decided i should go to garage and do some work. Kiddo decided that she wants to go with me. so i did some stuff, but nothing major. it looks like something is missing from clutch. kinda dissapointing from ebay seller to forget some parts. gonna order them up on partzilla tomorrow. sent a letter to race technical commision, gonna ask about subframe. can i keep it small or i need to add those lower beams.

was about to update, when milling guy let me know that my stuff is ready.

oh also i got vf750 radiator this week. looks nice, just need to figure out how to go from 20ish mm to 28mm hose. it looks that 28mm could slip on 20ish one. good idea or bad?

test fit of carbs with stacks

little helper wanted to be important

i also narroved the bars for parts to fit

feels small too

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-20-2018, 07:45 AM   #25
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
Fighter of the Month 

asked tech commision, can i use rear subframe as it is. without lower arms. they told me it's ok. so those lover bars are going to be removed. ordered 3S 18650 BMS's for battery packs(gonna make two sets of 3pcs in series and parallel 2pcs, so i have 6.8Ah capacity)

also tried to lift the bike off ground yesterday. and i can do it. so my guess is that it's a bit more than 100kg, cuz i dont believe i can lift much more like that

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-29-2018, 04:10 PM   #26
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
Fighter of the Month 

How much would be safe to offset rear brake rotor with spacers?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-15-2018, 01:48 PM   #27
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
Fighter of the Month 

im at a point when i'm just sick of this build

anyhow started to fill and sand the tail. and the smoother it gets the more i like it, at one point ijust wanted to scrap it and just buy that vfr400 one off uk

i sanded it some more yesterday, now i just need to trim the sides a bit. smooth them and give it to paint shop next to my work for primering. since i dont have a gun for primer

layed this from 2-3 layers of fiberglass. it's thin as hell. but keeps shape. and i dont mind that.
i have a crappy plug that i got some time ago. so instead of waxing it up. i just taped it with painters masking tape

fresh clutch plate

i had suzuki kat clutch lever. but somehow it doesnt have leverage big enough for clutch to be engaged. will look at it later. maybe iļl just pick up aftermarket lever. cus i dont quite like this one

got some other parts in post

also this cheap chinese exhaust, that actually looks a lot better than it cost

yesterday i also welded up brackets for mounting front fairing. gonna fab up something to keep it in place.

also i need to offset sprocket and brake rotor to the outside. need to buy silycone pipes for radiator. mod lower coolant pipe to fit in a different angle to original. wire CDI, get subframe welded together.

here is the fun part. i was planning to use er6 rear shock. but looks like even with this, shorter shock. chain will drag on swingarm. so i have to lower the bike. did some googling around, and i might have to fab up spring retainer for er6 shock. there is no way i'm paying almost 100eur for aftermarket retainer, that i can draw up in one evening and give drawings to local milling guy who would do it for me at 20eur max

and i'm broke so my original plan for riding at race on 1st may is busted

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-16-2018, 05:33 AM   #28
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
Fighter of the Month 

can anyone help me?

what wire goes where?

This user High Fived rex_saugerty!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-25-2018, 02:33 AM   #29
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
Fighter of the Month 

had a day off yesterday, that i mostly spent just driving around shops and picking up various bits and pieces i needed for bike to be more assembled

but i managed to get everything to get radiator hooked up

also a freaking seagull took a shit on my sleeve, fucking seagulls

still looking for someone to help me with wiring, hawkgtforum isnt very helpfull, maybe because i dont have SSSA

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-25-2018, 04:49 AM   #30
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
Fighter of the Month 

i suspect i've bought a bad CDI. fuck me

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2018 Winter Buildoff > Bike Build Threads