Random thoughts... - Page 504 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Anything non-motorcycle related goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Random thoughts...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-26-2015, 11:07 AM   #5031
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:41 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Random thoughts...

My friend taught me to taste whiskys. Especially if you're an unseasoned drinker take the tinyest little sips, basically just wet the tip of your tongue to get the full palate, if you chug down a mouthful all at once all you'll taste is the alcohol that numbs your mouth. Another thing if you have a strong smoky peaty whisky, drop LITERALLY one to three drops of water into it, I guarantee it will completely transform.

When I'm drinking whisky raw I never pour more than 1cl into the glass. If I wanna get smashed there are better stuff to do that.

If you're a rum guy try what I'm having right now, Bacardi Oakheart+ice coffee+ice. Works like a charm.

Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Mattson is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-26-2015, 11:49 AM   #5032
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 40 Times in 39 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

I was a jack person, not a whisky really,but still

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-26-2015, 12:25 PM   #5033
HickLife
GURU
CF Addict
HickLife's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:41 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 10 Times in 9 Posts
HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Bacardi oakheart is awesome by itself. I just sip when i drink anyways. I drink for flavor, not to get drunk though

Fallen angel build- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=78474

96 vulcan 1500- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=123177

Fallen Angel Build Off Thread- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...73#post2755273

Fallen Angel Build Off Discussion- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...89#post2755289

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_saugerty View Post
Only weak people test the engine. Real brave guys assemble the bike and then tries to start it
HickLife is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-26-2015, 12:57 PM   #5034
imsolidstate
GURU
Senior Fighterer
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Islay scotch makes a good rinse, like mezcal or absinthe. You can mix it though, substitute laphroaig or similar for the gin in a last word. And definitely add a touch of water if your drinking it straight.
I had a drink not long ago with islay scotch, fernet branca and brown sugar cordial. It was pretty good.
I personally don't like citrus in whiskey either. Just add lemon or orange garnish to get the aroma without the tartness. Makes it cloudy too, which isn't usually good for a stirred drink.
What was your sour ratio? 2:1:0.5, whiskey, lemon juice, simple syrup?
imsolidstate is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-26-2015, 01:24 PM   #5035
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Well I pretty much winged it, something like 5cl of grants, one of those sample sized bottles, somewhere around 3 to 4cl of lemon juice and approx 2cl of sugar water. Was waaaay to sour and stiff for my taste so I added some water as well.

My personal favourite from Islay is Ardbeg Uigeadail. Lafroich... not so much.

I'm more of a beer guy anyway.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-26-2015, 02:07 PM   #5036
imsolidstate
GURU
Senior Fighterer
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Yeah that's too much acid. If you try again do 5cl whiskey, 2cl lemon juice and 1cl simple syrup.
I've had ardbeg, I seem to recall liking scapa but I think that's orkney. I used to drink lots of that stuff but these days I just keep a bottle of Laphroaig triple wood and Glenfiddich. The triple wood is a bit smoother than their regular 10yr.
imsolidstate is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-26-2015, 03:07 PM   #5037
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Watch this on your mobile device and have your mind blown away!

https://youtu.be/FMAe5J-nUlg

First 3d video I've ever watched. And if you've played through portal 2 you might actually recognise the song.

Fook! For some reason the link doesn't 3D!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-26-2015, 04:12 PM   #5038
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 40 Times in 39 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 
Unhappy Re: Random thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattson View Post
... so I added some water as well.

WTF? i thought you Finns dont say no to more booze

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-26-2015, 04:29 PM   #5039
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Well I guess I cannot be considered an average finn and damn proud of it...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-26-2015, 08:46 PM   #5040
HickLife
GURU
CF Addict
HickLife's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 10 Times in 9 Posts
HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Any of yall had "not your fathers root beer"? Its pretty dang good, tastes like a barques rootbeer but maybe a little stronger vanilla flavor and its 5.9% alcohol

Fallen angel build- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=78474

96 vulcan 1500- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=123177

Fallen Angel Build Off Thread- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...73#post2755273

Fallen Angel Build Off Discussion- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...89#post2755289

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_saugerty View Post
Only weak people test the engine. Real brave guys assemble the bike and then tries to start it
HickLife is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived HickLife!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion