Chicago area fighters - read this - Page 3 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter News & Info > Streetfighter Info > Product Reviews

Product Reviews If you have purchased a motorcycle related product recently, let us know what you think of it!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Chicago area fighters - read this

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-08-2011, 11:32 AM   #21
CK 187
CAPTAIN AWESOMEŽ

CK 187's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:35 PM
Flip Offs: 631
Flipped Off 470 Times in 171 Posts
CK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: Chicago area fighters - read this

i posted there and it was removed quite quickly actually

Josh ~ i saw your Yahoo review and thought it was really good. as an outsider looking in, i find it funny how they so adamantly defend themselves to the negative reviews. that in itself tells me something when you HAVE to defend yourself that hard.
CK 187 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived CK 187!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-08-2011, 11:55 AM   #22
chaos6
I Piss Excellence.

CF Addict
chaos6's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 41
Flipped Off 6 Times in 6 Posts
chaos6 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chaos6 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chaos6 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chaos6 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chaos6 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chaos6 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chaos6 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chaos6 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chaos6 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chaos6 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chaos6 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

What I truly love about their response to my post is that prior to it, I had no proof of having actually had my wheel serviced there. They never provided me with a bill/receipt. Now they've admitted to working on it and if anything were to happen as result of incompetence on their part (i.e. powdercoating chipping off in a month, tire not properly balanced/mounted, wheel falls apart at highway speeds...you know...those old chestnuts), there is something to refer back to.

"Make no small plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood."
-Daniel Burnham

'05 Z750s Build http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=32497

'90 Kawasaki ZR550 Build http://www.customfighters.com/forums...18#post1163218
chaos6 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-08-2011, 12:18 PM   #23
DrAwKwArD
Buell Fighter
CF Addict
DrAwKwArD's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:35 PM
Flip Offs: 83
Flipped Off 144 Times in 69 Posts
DrAwKwArD is a name known to allDrAwKwArD is a name known to allDrAwKwArD is a name known to allDrAwKwArD is a name known to allDrAwKwArD is a name known to allDrAwKwArD is a name known to allDrAwKwArD is a name known to allDrAwKwArD is a name known to allDrAwKwArD is a name known to allDrAwKwArD is a name known to allDrAwKwArD is a name known to all

I responded back to him again on Facebook.

My subframe build
CBR Track bike build

"To shave the beard is a sin that the blood of all the martyrs cannot cleanse. It is to deface the image of man created by God." - Ivan the Terrible
DrAwKwArD is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived DrAwKwArD!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-08-2011, 12:24 PM   #24
chaos6
I Piss Excellence.

CF Addict
chaos6 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chaos6 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chaos6 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chaos6 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chaos6 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chaos6 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chaos6 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chaos6 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chaos6 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chaos6 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!chaos6 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

^Nice! I just read your posts and responses. Well put.

-Daniel Burnham

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-08-2011, 03:29 PM   #25
Hitman Cody2130
GURU

CF Addict
Hitman Cody2130's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:35 PM
Flip Offs: 45
Flipped Off 10 Times in 5 Posts
Hitman Cody2130 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Hitman Cody2130 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Hitman Cody2130 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Hitman Cody2130 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Hitman Cody2130 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Hitman Cody2130 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Hitman Cody2130 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Hitman Cody2130 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Hitman Cody2130 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Hitman Cody2130 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Hitman Cody2130 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Damn they deleted all the shit I post......Fucking dicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalonka View Post
If the Mob didn't have Tommy Guns, they would have used Street Fighters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGGIN View Post
And if the good lord didn't want us to masturbate, he would have made our arms shorter.
Hitman Cody2130 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Hitman Cody2130!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-08-2011, 04:25 PM   #26
endo
The Soft Serve Enigma
endo's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 73
Flipped Off 96 Times in 82 Posts
endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - Most Complete Theme 

I'm playing devil's advocate here as someone who is in the motorcycle service industry and has been on the receiving end of false/malicious reviews.

I'd like the see the written quote and the final bill...if you signed off on a quote and they changed it, I'm on your side.

Here's my example---two weeks ago we had a bike in for an insurance claim. We did everything right on our end, doing the repairs as requested by the insurance company. Owner refused to pay us his deductible saying we didn't have his permission...well, we did, he signed off on the work order and from that point my job is to deal with the insurance rep, not him. His insurance company didn't talk to him and he wanted that to come outta my pocket, not happening. He then got into a shouting match with our boss and refused to pay the invoice. Boss said "pay the invoice or you don't get your bike"---he threatened us but finally paid up. He then started posting negative and rude posts all over the forums and such...there's two sides to every story and as much as I wanna side with my CF boys all the time, I need more info.

Project Redefyned 7/11

If I have to explain, you won't understand.
RIP Michele "MadMadame" Monroe, 30Apr80-24Mar12
RIP Gavin "Greencheezeeta" Butts, 5Oct83-8Sep09
endo is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-09-2011, 06:12 PM   #27
chaos6
I Piss Excellence.

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

^I can appreciate you stance regarding the need for more info. That being said, I stated in my first post about this issue that I have no hard evidence. I never signed off on a quote, and I was never provided with a receipt. The more I think about it, the more irritated I get at myself. In the rush to get the wheel repaired and to have the project back on track, I forgot my basic business common sense. It's why I paid the bill in full without any real argument.

In regards to your example about the individual leaving rude reviews and comments online...please look at my original reviews on yahoo and yelp. Considering the situation, I wouldn't consider what I said to be rude. While your at it, look at the other reviews and responses.

You don't know me personally, so I can't be offended or upset that you won't take me at my word alone. In the end my goal isn't really to convince you of anything...because you are right...without hard evidence you can't believe either party. My goal instead, is to get people to pay attention when dealing with the individual. Maybe I can help someone else avoid the trouble I went through.

-Daniel Burnham

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-09-2011, 06:25 PM   #28
endo
The Soft Serve Enigma
endo's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 73
Flipped Off 96 Times in 82 Posts
endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - Most Complete Theme 

Like I said man, nothing personal, just sorta playing devil's advocate because I've been on the other side I'm glad you got your stuff back regardless....in the grand scheme of things it's a learning experience.

The hard part about being a service industry provider---10000 customers could love you, but they'll never post anything. 1 bad review and it's ALL OVER the internet...

Project Redefyned 7/11

If I have to explain, you won't understand.
RIP Michele "MadMadame" Monroe, 30Apr80-24Mar12
RIP Gavin "Greencheezeeta" Butts, 5Oct83-8Sep09
endo is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived endo!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-10-2011, 07:25 AM   #29
meagain1
Habitual bike builder
Fighterer
meagain1's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:35 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
meagain1 is a splendid one to beholdmeagain1 is a splendid one to beholdmeagain1 is a splendid one to beholdmeagain1 is a splendid one to beholdmeagain1 is a splendid one to beholdmeagain1 is a splendid one to beholdmeagain1 is a splendid one to beholdmeagain1 is a splendid one to beholdmeagain1 is a splendid one to beholdmeagain1 is a splendid one to beholdmeagain1 is a splendid one to behold

I’m in the “service industry” also, not bikes but cars its all relative….

I will tell you something from a technician’s point of view, I’m in wholesale not retail so I deal with mechanics as my customers not the general public…. power steering technician..

Mechanics are the first people to go ape shit if the bill is higher than the quote and refuse to pay also some are so f%^$ed up that they will supply a bill/invoice if there is a warranty claim…yes a bill, if there is a fault then they want to be compensated for the removal and refit of the faulty item…. Unbelievable hey!

And what’s this about signing off, mechanics will never “sign off” there too busy (some cant write as well)…sorry the fact that you need it in the first place tells you something about that business. When I quote verbally my customers know it is in stone, that’s the quote that’s the bill, period..
starters you went in and asked for a quote…he only quotes you for half the work without telling you…then you give him the job….hmm….and when you voiced your disappointment, which I would also…you paid the bill regardless. Then he still followed you out to your car not staying in his business to defuse the situation but keeping the situation alive by stalking you to your car…hmmmm this doesn’t tell me I need the other side of the coin it would probably be in my face anyway…
Poor character and business ethics on gen-x part….

most disgusting thing one could say to a person who rides “ I hope you die on your bike”, makes you wounder if he drowns little puppies for fun as well, hey…..
meagain1 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-12-2011, 03:26 PM   #30
chaos6
I Piss Excellence.

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwKwArD View Post
I responded back to him again on Facebook.
I just took a peek at his responses on facebook, and once again let me state that they never provided me with a written quote, let alone had me sign anything.

-Daniel Burnham

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter News & Info > Streetfighter Info > Product Reviews