2000 SV650 Ducati Monster Seat - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Help Needed!

Streetfighter Help Needed! Need help with your 'fighter? Ask for help in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 2000 SV650 Ducati Monster Seat

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-10-2019, 07:37 PM   #1
ty_harper99
NoObie
Noobie
ty_harper99's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:17 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
ty_harper99 is a NOOB
Exclamation 2000 SV650 Ducati Monster Seat

Hey guys. I'm looking for a way I can bolt down or attach the seat to my SV650. I'm currently in the middle of doing a custom frame for the seat but the lugs that would usually slide under the tank on a Monster, just creates a gap between the seat and tank on my bike, so I'm thinking of removing them and finding an alternative method for bolting down the seat. Any suggestions?

Frame isn't finished yet. Still some cuts and welding that needs doing.

[url=https://www.customfighters.com/forums/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=57936][/url

ty_harper99 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-12-2019, 04:37 PM   #2
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:17 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: 2000 SV650 Ducati Monster Seat

I think I cut the lugs off the front of the seat when I did mine, early 696/1100 seat. It's been a while though.

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, WR450SM street legal, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-17-2019, 08:08 AM   #3
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:17 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
MDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant future
Default Re: 2000 SV650 Ducati Monster Seat

Before I decided to go race bike with my SV I was going to fit a second Gen Monster seat, and would've cut the lugs off to allow the seat to sit sung up against the back of the tank. The Seat can be secured using captive nuts in the seat base, or bolts through the base from under the foam.
MDM is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Help Needed!