Chat with an ASE Master Technician - Page 11 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Anything non-motorcycle related goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Chat with an ASE Master Technician

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-07-2016, 06:40 PM   #101
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:45 PM
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 13 Times in 10 Posts
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here
Default Re: Chat with an ASE Master Technician

Japanese only eh? Acura RDX is solid, Nissan Murano is nice too, Pathfinders are about bulletproof if you keep up on them.

Personally, I prefer the BMW X5 to any of those but I do kinda specialize in euro stuff so I may be a bit biased (even though I drive honda)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

My Build http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=118649
XxGRYMMxX is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived XxGRYMMxX!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-07-2016, 06:48 PM   #102
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:45 PM
Flip Offs: 308
Flipped Off 170 Times in 147 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 

It probably needs to be one of the luxury brands since she wants the quietest nicest ride with all the bells and whistles. The German stuff is just too damn expensive out of warranty, and she doesn't need it to handle on a race track.

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-07-2016, 06:52 PM   #103
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here

yeah, out of warranty repairs on german cars can be a shock for some. Lux Jap cars can get expensive quick too, Lexus in particular jumps out as pricey when we do repairs.

Quote:
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

XxGRYMMxX is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived XxGRYMMxX!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-07-2016, 06:55 PM   #104
MikeGyver
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGRYMMxX View Post
Lux Jap cars can get expensive quick too, Lexus in particular jumps out as pricey when we do repairs.
Good to know. What about Infiniti QX60 & QX70?

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
This user High Fived MikeGyver!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-07-2016, 07:50 PM   #105
ultimate fighter
Remi's Dad
ultimate fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1,427
Flipped Off 875 Times in 399 Posts
ultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympus
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

what's wrong with a tahoe/escalade

UF's 2017 winter buildoff MOE POWA
talk about my junk
Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
CB is cool as fuck , proper old skool kick your cunt in for looking at it funny
ultimate fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-07-2016, 08:09 PM   #106
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGyver View Post
Good to know. What about Infiniti QX60 & QX70?
They seem nice but I haven't had one in for any major repairs (which I suppose is a good thing)

Quote:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-07-2016, 08:15 PM   #107
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate fighter View Post
Nothing that a few gals of gas and a flare won't fix

Honestly, they're good work trucks but kinda troublesome. my bosses escalade is nothing but problems. Heated/cooled seats have tons of issues, exhaust manifolds rust out, and he mows through brakes and front end parts. And we keep up on his...

Quote:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-07-2016, 08:17 PM   #108
MikeGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate fighter View Post
They are made in America. They are too big for what my mom wants.

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-07-2016, 08:48 PM   #109
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 116 Times in 103 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Grymm, I almost hit you up for some advice today. I'm driving a ton and a half panel truck with a GM TBI 350 in it. It just died like you flipped the key off. No spark, no injector action and pulling the codes was giving me code numbers that didn't even exist. I was sure my computer had died. Turns out it was a rusty screw holding the Ignition module on.

If the module loses ground the ignition coil can't pulse. If the ignition coil can't pulse the injectors don't get a signal to pulse So stick that in your arsenal of weird shit to be aware of.lol

Took me three hours to figure out, but one screw wire brushed clean later, and no money spent, and she was purring again.

308k miles and counting. Original injectors, fuel pump and valve cover gaskets. Fuck yeah. She has had a transmission replaced somewhere around the 200k mile mark ( to the best of my knowledge), but I think that's fair for a 10k+ pound truck that lived the first 250k miles of it's life in city traffic as a uniform delivery truck.

100k miles? shiiiiiit..... Japanese!

( don't tell my bike about that last part)

I love my 300 Ford with 200k miles and counting, but I'm a believer in GM products. Hell, my 402 out of my '72 C20 had 186k miles on the clock when I rebuilt that engine to go racing. You could still see cross hatch on the stock bores. Had a '75 P20 with 230k miles and still had its original clutch and throwout. I can attest to current models seeing some balljoint issues. My Duramax snapped a lower balljoint turning around in my driveway once. Truth of the matter though, the truck went 200k on the stock balljoints. The replacements were installed wrong ( they have to be clocked ) and the ate up due to that. No fault of the joint itself. Bad mechanic.

High miles don't scare me none...

Btw. Hi, Mike. Haven't chatted with/ pestered you for a while. Off to the barn to play with the XR.....

Oh, Grymm. I checked on the locust to see how it was drying out. It's all curled up badly. 2-3 inches worth of bow on those 38" sticks. I don't think it's gonna pan out. Sorry brosef. They're still heavy as fook, too.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-08-2016, 10:44 AM   #110
imsolidstate
GURU
Senior Fighterer
Local Time: 01:45 PM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Hey Grymm I was talking to somebody this morning with a new body style Grand Cherokee, she said she was driving along, got a power steering warning on the dash and two seconds later the steering locked up while she was driving. Know anything about that? She's braver than I am, she was still driving it after it started working again. I don't think I'd ever drive a vehicle again if the steering completely locked up while I was driving. I'd have it towed somewhere I could sell it.
imsolidstate is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived imsolidstate!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion