Chat with an ASE Master Technician - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Anything non-motorcycle related goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Chat with an ASE Master Technician

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-20-2009, 10:42 AM   #31
Autobot
Ton up
Senior Fighterer
Autobot's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:10 AM
Flip Offs: 4
Flipped Off 7 Times in 4 Posts
Autobot is well likedAutobot is well likedAutobot is well likedAutobot is well likedAutobot is well likedAutobot is well liked
Default Re: Chat with an ASE Master Technician

I am no mechanic by any means but I do my own maintenance.
Just last week, I changed my blinker fluid myself, replaced the clutch belt and retarded the spark.
I also added some spark cleaner as preventive maintenance.

I am getting ready to winterize the truck buy adding winter air to the tires and sharpening the wiper blades and insulate the radiator. I am also thinking about putting dehydrated water in the radiator so it won't freeze but I don't know if that stuff is any good. Has anyone else tried it yet?

I do need some new tools though. Does anyone know where I can pick up a left handed metric screwdriver

My D6 Fighter at http://www.dropshots.com/D6fighter
Autobot is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Autobot!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-26-2009, 07:05 PM   #32
p27
King of Catastrophe
Fighterer
p27's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
p27 is a glorious beacon of lightp27 is a glorious beacon of lightp27 is a glorious beacon of lightp27 is a glorious beacon of lightp27 is a glorious beacon of lightp27 is a glorious beacon of lightp27 is a glorious beacon of lightp27 is a glorious beacon of light

stunt. dude.

it happened again.... only this time when i went to clean up the boot and shit i totally snapped the shit outta this hose thinger that seems to run to the cover of the left head. need to know if it's important.

thought you'd know.

-pat

edit: my other buddy informed me its something for a smog test recycling the valve gases to the air intake....
lemme know if he's wrong

thanks!

RIP:GCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangkiller
dont forget no matter how good of a rider you are it dont make a shit when the cages are out for blood.
ATGATT and Build, d0n't Buy.
----- I str33tf1ght3rs. -----
'bring the knife to the gunfight.
Stab them while they're LAUGHING.'
p27 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-29-2009, 07:39 AM   #33
stuntninja
Fucking Newb...Oh wait

stuntninja's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:10 AM
Flip Offs: 89
Flipped Off 93 Times in 69 Posts
stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by p27 View Post
stunt. dude.

it happened again.... only this time when i went to clean up the boot and shit i totally snapped the shit outta this hose thinger that seems to run to the cover of the left head. need to know if it's important.

thought you'd know.

-pat

edit: my other buddy informed me its something for a smog test recycling the valve gases to the air intake....
lemme know if he's wrong

thanks!
Sounds like the pcv return hose, not a huge deal but it won't run quite right without it. Slip a piece of pvc or fuel hose over the broken section, or snag up a new one if it can't be rigged together to work....

stuntninja is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-29-2009, 07:45 AM   #34
Ruff
Rable Rable Rable
Ruff's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:10 AM
Flip Offs: 97
Flipped Off 138 Times in 105 Posts
Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I've always wanted a duramax diesel, which diesel should I put in my avalanche to make it a duramax? I'm leaning toward red #2.
Ruff is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Ruff!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-29-2009, 08:06 AM   #35
p27
King of Catastrophe
Fighterer
p27 is a glorious beacon of lightp27 is a glorious beacon of lightp27 is a glorious beacon of lightp27 is a glorious beacon of lightp27 is a glorious beacon of lightp27 is a glorious beacon of lightp27 is a glorious beacon of lightp27 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuntninja View Post
Sounds like the pcv return hose, not a huge deal but it won't run quite right without it. Slip a piece of pvc or fuel hose over the broken section, or snag up a new one if it can't be rigged together to work....
humor me broski- whats it do?

pcv? positive crankcase ventilation?

ooo nevermind... PCV_valve PCV_valve
thanks for the lead!

I have to haul a couch later today- I'll see if I can ghetto rig something up!

thanks again!
... will rep again when possible...

-pat

Quote:
dont forget no matter how good of a rider you are it dont make a shit when the cages are out for blood.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-04-2009, 05:31 AM   #36
p27
King of Catastrophe
Fighterer

my truck blew a plug yesterday on the way home.

i have no money, and i need to get to work.

what's typical of this kind of repair?

thanks man.

-pat

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-04-2009, 06:59 AM   #37
chandler
is not your fucking bro
chandler's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 75
Flipped Off 53 Times in 24 Posts
chandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to behold

what kind of truck is it. our 5.4 and 4.6 do it sometime. due to the steel sparkplug and aluminum head expanding at different rates. 9 times out of 10 its 30k or so after a tune up. a decent shop can install a thread-cert. its like a helicoil but we drill the existing hole clean and tap it the install a timecert which looks like a helicoil but has ribs at the bottom then we stake it in place. never had one blow out and we charge about 300 for the whole job. alot of dealers will pull the head and do it. but thats just to gets hours. we get the piston at bottom dead center and fill it up with shaving cream. and after were done turn the engine over by hand and it shoves all the shavings out. then brake clean it and a final vacuum and its all good.

chandler is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-04-2009, 07:29 AM   #38
stuntninja
Fucking Newb...Oh wait

stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Damn. Let me guess, one of the 2 rear on the passenger bank? We charge around $300 if we can helicoil it, with replacement of the coil, or at least the coil boot that's probably fucked now. At the least, if you have to make it to work, unplug the injector to that cylinder, and that will keep you from washing down the cylinder.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-04-2009, 07:33 AM   #39
stuntninja
Fucking Newb...Oh wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandler View Post
what kind of truck is it. our 5.4 and 4.6 do it sometime. due to the steel sparkplug and aluminum head expanding at different rates. 9 times out of 10 its 30k or so after a tune up. a decent shop can install a thread-cert. its like a helicoil but we drill the existing hole clean and tap it the install a timecert which looks like a helicoil but has ribs at the bottom then we stake it in place. never had one blow out and we charge about 300 for the whole job. alot of dealers will pull the head and do it. but thats just to gets hours. we get the piston at bottom dead center and fill it up with shaving cream. and after were done turn the engine over by hand and it shoves all the shavings out. then brake clean it and a final vacuum and its all good.
Yeah, it's a 5.4 SD if I remember right...

Oh, and just for reference...
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandler View Post
im ford senior mastered for ten years and i hate it. i want to work at the buell factory really bad.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-04-2009, 12:15 PM   #40
chandler
is not your fucking bro
chandler's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 75
Flipped Off 53 Times in 24 Posts
chandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to behold

lol fucker

chandler is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived chandler!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion