Chat with an ASE Master Technician - Page 5 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Anything non-motorcycle related goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Chat with an ASE Master Technician

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-06-2010, 04:02 AM   #41
gsf1200R
ShamanFighter
gsf1200R's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:51 PM
Flip Offs: 485
Flipped Off 802 Times in 365 Posts
gsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympus
Default Re: Chat with an ASE Master Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandler View Post
what kind of truck is it. our 5.4 and 4.6 do it sometime. due to the steel sparkplug and aluminum head expanding at different rates. 9 times out of 10 its 30k or so after a tune up. a decent shop can install a thread-cert. its like a helicoil but we drill the existing hole clean and tap it the install a timecert which looks like a helicoil but has ribs at the bottom then we stake it in place. never had one blow out and we charge about 300 for the whole job. alot of dealers will pull the head and do it. but thats just to gets hours. we get the piston at bottom dead center and fill it up with shaving cream. and after were done turn the engine over by hand and it shoves all the shavings out. then brake clean it and a final vacuum and its all good.
HOLY fuckin Dog Shit Batman thats the fuckin Greatist ever... ive always wondered if there was another way to do this SHAVING CREME FTW!!!!!!!!

Goal: Promote streetfighters to the custom motorcycle scene in America.
Plan: Spread the word to motorcycle enthusiasts through our forum & blog.
gsf1200R is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-06-2010, 09:34 PM   #42
Ruff
Rable Rable Rable
Ruff's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 97
Flipped Off 138 Times in 105 Posts
Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

I have this strange sound every time I start my truck, it's like Madonna, but not one of the early albums, it's like the later poppy dance club stuff. It's driving me crazy, any ideas?
Ruff is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-14-2010, 09:57 PM   #43
shadyninja
www.FirstPlaceOils.com
Senior Fighterer
shadyninja's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:51 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
shadyninja is really niceshadyninja is really niceshadyninja is really niceshadyninja is really niceshadyninja is really niceshadyninja is really niceshadyninja is really niceshadyninja is really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandler View Post
what kind of truck is it. our 5.4 and 4.6 do it sometime. due to the steel sparkplug and aluminum head expanding at different rates. 9 times out of 10 its 30k or so after a tune up. a decent shop can install a thread-cert. its like a helicoil but we drill the existing hole clean and tap it the install a timecert which looks like a helicoil but has ribs at the bottom then we stake it in place. never had one blow out and we charge about 300 for the whole job. alot of dealers will pull the head and do it. but thats just to gets hours. we get the piston at bottom dead center and fill it up with shaving cream. and after were done turn the engine over by hand and it shoves all the shavings out. then brake clean it and a final vacuum and its all good.
now that is thinking!

shadyninja is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-14-2010, 10:02 PM   #44
bwh998
GURU
CF Pimp
Flip Offs: 10
Flipped Off 50 Times in 43 Posts
bwh998 is a name known to allbwh998 is a name known to allbwh998 is a name known to allbwh998 is a name known to allbwh998 is a name known to allbwh998 is a name known to allbwh998 is a name known to allbwh998 is a name known to allbwh998 is a name known to allbwh998 is a name known to allbwh998 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff View Post
I have this strange sound every time I start my truck, it's like Madonna, but not one of the early albums, it's like the later poppy dance club stuff. It's driving me crazy, any ideas?
ive seen this happen a few times, usually a self inflicted gun shot to the testicles will fix it right up.
bwh998 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived bwh998!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-14-2010, 10:04 PM   #45
bwh998
GURU
CF Pimp
Flip Offs: 10
Flipped Off 50 Times in 43 Posts
bwh998 is a name known to allbwh998 is a name known to allbwh998 is a name known to allbwh998 is a name known to allbwh998 is a name known to allbwh998 is a name known to allbwh998 is a name known to allbwh998 is a name known to allbwh998 is a name known to allbwh998 is a name known to allbwh998 is a name known to all

and shaving cream works. i use it to plug off the exhaust ports of engines when im storing them for a while.
bwh998 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived bwh998!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-16-2010, 05:37 AM   #46
Ruff
Rable Rable Rable
Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ruff is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwh998 View Post
ive seen this happen a few times, usually a self inflicted gun shot to the testicles will fix it right up.
Ok, so shoot yourself in the balls already, I want to listen to my Duffy album.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-12-2010, 07:47 AM   #47
Ruff
Rable Rable Rable

Stunt, I have a legit question.

The car is an '02 Avalanche 1500 Z71 4WD. I'm getting a popping noise when I hit bumps while turning the wheel and on hard turns. The noise is from the front suspension on the driver's side.

So I'm 95% it's the driver's side lower ball joint. Is it kosher to replace only the lower ball joint or is this one of the parts that is traditionally replaced in sets? I wouldn't even ask, but Moog seems to think it's worth about $300 for a set of these little bastards.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-12-2010, 12:13 PM   #48
mikey
Redneck Dumbass

mikey's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:51 PM
Flip Offs: 21
Flipped Off 36 Times in 32 Posts
mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Ok stunt, I got one. 94 GMC Jimmy 4WD. Some guy wants to trade my R6 + $500 for the Jimmy. His dad owned it, so it's been grampa'd and it looks brand new. 80K miles. The Jimmy would for my gf's son to drive. He 's 16, and buying him something like that is cheaper than the $2600 a year to add him to her '06 civic coupe. What should I be looking for?

Ruff, is the $300 inclusive of the arms too, or just the bushings?

Project: Moneypit

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonfedd View Post
i would rather have "fear my ass" primer than "fuk my ass" purple
Quote:
Originally Posted by super View Post
you two fags need to give up the charade and go camping already

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Gaulke
When a shark appears in the area sea lions will leave the water immediately. Luckily there are no tigers on the shore waiting for him, or he wouldn't know what the fuck to do.
mikey is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-12-2010, 12:47 PM   #49
chandler
is not your fucking bro
chandler's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 75
Flipped Off 53 Times in 24 Posts
chandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff View Post
Stunt, I have a legit question.

The car is an '02 Avalanche 1500 Z71 4WD. I'm getting a popping noise when I hit bumps while turning the wheel and on hard turns. The noise is from the front suspension on the driver's side.

So I'm 95% it's the driver's side lower ball joint. Is it kosher to replace only the lower ball joint or is this one of the parts that is traditionally replaced in sets? I wouldn't even ask, but Moog seems to think it's worth about $300 for a set of these little bastards.
get a mechanics stethoscope. there 3 bucks at harbor freight. have someone turn the wheel or lay in front of the tire and have them roll over you to simulate a bump and find where the noise is. you dont have to change them in sets but alot of people do because the other side has equal miles but so do the tie rods and every thing else so why not everything. squeeky wheel gets the lube.

chandler is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-12-2010, 12:52 PM   #50
chandler
is not your fucking bro
chandler's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 75
Flipped Off 53 Times in 24 Posts
chandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to beholdchandler is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey View Post
Ok stunt, I got one. 94 GMC Jimmy 4WD. Some guy wants to trade my R6 + $500 for the Jimmy. His dad owned it, so it's been grampa'd and it looks brand new. 80K miles. The Jimmy would for my gf's son to drive. He 's 16, and buying him something like that is cheaper than the $2600 a year to add him to her '06 civic coupe. What should I be looking for?

Ruff, is the $300 inclusive of the arms too, or just the bushings?
if youve got 150 in the r6 its instant profit with the 500 dollars. but does he know its salvaged ? never add kids to your insurance. its a bad idea all around. if a kids responsable enough to own and drive a car he can for for it all himself.

chandler is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion