What was your last purchase? - Page 334 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Anything non-motorcycle related goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > What was your last purchase?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-30-2019, 12:24 PM   #3331
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Mongoose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:43 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: What was your last purchase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
damn, wasn't thinking of that. I have a box of them so I guess I'll bring some.

I doubt pushing the trip back any more would improve the smoke situation though.
Itll only get worse from here on out.. Dont think theres much fire in bc yet but berta is goin hard.. Prob have orange suns again this year
Mongoose is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-30-2019, 01:11 PM   #3332
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Lover
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
Itll only get worse from here on out.. Dont think theres much fire in bc yet but berta is goin hard.. Prob have orange suns again this year
last year it was REALLY bad here in the Bay Area for a bit... that's why I bought a box, because I wanted to make sure the next time it happened I had plenty.

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, WR450SM street legal, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-30-2019, 08:48 PM   #3333
beezwiz
GURU
CF Addict
beezwiz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:43 PM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 14 Times in 8 Posts
beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!beezwiz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Glock 19 w/ 2 extra magazines.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	glock 19.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	869.7 KB
ID:	105200  

Don't be the chaser, be the one who is chased. You are the Tequila... not the lime.
beezwiz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived beezwiz!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-01-2019, 12:24 AM   #3334
Fight Everything
Rollin hard in Wiscompton

CF Pimp
Fight Everything's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:43 PM
Flip Offs: 55
Flipped Off 45 Times in 35 Posts
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Not a purchase, exactly. Traded a NIB AudioPipe subwoofer and a spec'd out Dell Latitude laptop for it.

1983 Suzuki GR650 Tempter. Just needs maintenance work and she's back on the road.

Hmmm.... Do I start yet another build thread? My signature is starting to run out of room for bikes lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-05-31 15.18.21.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	105222   Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-05-31 15.20.24.jpg
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	105224   Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-05-31 15.18.38.jpg
Size:	749.9 KB
ID:	105226  
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Fight Everything!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-01-2019, 03:14 AM   #3335
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:43 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 39 Times in 38 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

clutch cable and throttle cable repair kit to fab a cable for Bros

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-01-2019, 09:15 PM   #3336
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:43 PM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post

The printer I have moves the bed along the Y-axis, with the print head moving along a gantry for X and the gantry itself lifting for Z.
With the glass bed I have on it, it's causing issues with overloading the Y-axis motor. Too much mass to fling fore and aft, causing some missed steps and thus failed prints. Increasing the current to the Y motor provides enough torque to compensate, but is making the motor run a bit hotter than I'd like.

So this new one moves the bed up and down for Z, with the print head and gantry being on the X and Y, so should remedy that issue.
I don't like the cantilevered bed, so I'll add another 1 or 2 linear guides to the front of it, and may swap the X/Y rollers for linear guides as well... this stuff is pretty cheap, no reason not to.
Also the box frame lends itself well to making a proper enclosure for it, which is almost a requirement for printing ABS properly (very sensitive to ambient temp).
Was on the Amazon Warehouse for $100 off, listed as "minor cosmetic damage to front/top" so we'll see what that ends up meaning. If it's totally fucked I can always return it, but I have a feeling it'll probably be OK or at least be easily repairable. Then I can sell the one I have for about what I paid for the new one on the local FB Marketplace.
So there was nothing wrong with it, everything was still in it's sealed packaging, dunno what the deal was that got it stuck in the AMZ warehouse. Fully assembled but have some upgrades and general tidying up to do with it before printing anything out.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived mcantar!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-01-2019, 09:20 PM   #3337
mcantar

CF Pimp
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus

New watch showed up today too. Finally killed my other one... it broke, I fixed it, couple months later it broke again, then I perma-broke it trying to fix it again. Been waiting on the new one for a couple weeks now from the other side of the world. The damn thing held up to over a decade of mostly poor treatment... been in temperature extremes on both ends of the spectrum, 130ish ft below sea level to over 15k ft above, been through all kinds of impacts and other concussive forces, etc. Very certainly earned it's retirement, and proved its worth replacing with one of the same.

Oh and some stickers I ordered a while ago finally showed up. I wanted the welding one, we're moving to a new building at work and this is going on the door to my weld room. The other ones... I'm sure they'll find homes
Shame they only come as the set, I'd have bought multiples of the welding and no-dumb ones.

Turbo Busa v1.1
Quote:
These people High Fived mcantar!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-01-2019, 09:24 PM   #3338
mcantar

CF Pimp

Oh yeah! Also picked up this XR50R for the kiddo a couple days ago. Long story short I got it for $200... most of em here are listed for around $1k which is stupid since they're not much more than that new.
I wonder if they make street tires that small? 50cc Sumo would be pretty awesome, and more inline with what I'm hoping to get my kid into.
Shitty pic from the guy's ad, it's torn apart in the garage right now getting properly cleaned up.

Turbo Busa v1.1
Quote:
This user High Fived mcantar!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-01-2019, 10:18 PM   #3339
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:43 PM
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 56 Times in 46 Posts
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Love the top right sign

Find me on Facebook at Sebspeed Customs

Float like a Goldwing, sting like a gixxer

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
SEBSPEED is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-01-2019, 10:18 PM   #3340
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Mongoose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

yeah im pretty sure they do..

50's used to be the shit back in the day with stunters... 50stunt etc should have stacks of w/e part you could dream about
Mongoose is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion