HELP: My Laptop Broke Down On Me - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion > Byte Fighters

Byte Fighters All computer related discussion goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > HELP: My Laptop Broke Down On Me

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-08-2013, 03:06 PM   #31
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Jackstand Johnny's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:44 PM
Flip Offs: 321
Flipped Off 209 Times in 127 Posts
Jackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loser
Default Re: HELP: My Laptop Broke Down On Me

Ok heres a picture of it:

I just got my new HDD. Came a couple minutes ago. Amazon prime is the shit. Anyways I'm ready to swap this thing. Still need to get a copy of windows 7.
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Jackstand Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-08-2013, 03:16 PM   #32
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Jackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loser

Nevermind i figured it out! I have the new HDD installed now. The battery was outmand i used latex gloves and kept it all as clean as i could. So now what do i do? I need to get a copy of windows 7 either on a disk or a flash drive right?

Jackstand Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Jackstand Johnny!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #33
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Oh also can anybody recommend where I could take my old HDD to recover all the information on it? I was thinking on having the geek squad at best buy do it but i heard its pretty expensive to get done.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-08-2013, 04:13 PM   #34
JLinde1339
GURU

Fighterer
JLinde1339's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:44 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
JLinde1339 has much to be proud ofJLinde1339 has much to be proud ofJLinde1339 has much to be proud ofJLinde1339 has much to be proud ofJLinde1339 has much to be proud ofJLinde1339 has much to be proud ofJLinde1339 has much to be proud ofJLinde1339 has much to be proud ofJLinde1339 has much to be proud ofJLinde1339 has much to be proud ofJLinde1339 has much to be proud of

Data recovery is ver expensive, and prolly beyond the scope of the geek squad. And depends on how the hdd failed. Whether it was the spindle motor going, or the arm of the reader/writer dragging on the platters and scratching them. I've never had luck with it, but I'm sure someone can do it...at a price. And its not as easy as any tech geek on any given csi-like tv show would have you believe.
JLinde1339 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-09-2013, 03:16 AM   #35
Nailhead
GURU
Nailhead's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:44 PM
Flip Offs: 131
Flipped Off 466 Times in 290 Posts
Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackstand Johnny View Post
Nevermind i figured it out! I have the new HDD installed now. The battery was outmand i used latex gloves and kept it all as clean as i could. So now what do i do? I need to get a copy of windows 7 either on a disk or a flash drive right?

much respect for wearing gloves but static electricity is public enemy number 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackstand Johnny View Post
Oh also can anybody recommend where I could take my old HDD to recover all the information on it? I was thinking on having the geek squad at best buy do it but i heard its pretty expensive to get done.

Also about your data dude..

http://youtu.be/r0yXqU-w9U0

its a simple concept really,
build bike from what you have and can afford
ride bike with your friends as much as you can
and love every minute of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiden View Post
I go home and make myself a sandwich.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXQkBZ1NOM8
Nailhead is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-09-2013, 03:26 AM   #36
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Yeah i thought about that, but wasnt sure how to ground myself to my work table. I was careful though. The battery on my phone is at 24% so it wont let me watch videos to conserve battery life but ill check that out asap thanks man.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-09-2013, 04:00 AM   #37
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Ah DAMNIT.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-09-2013, 08:51 PM   #38
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Looks like Mitch is gonna come through for me again and I'll be getting a copy of Windows from Him. Can't wait! I miss my internet!

This user High Fived Jackstand Johnny!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion > Byte Fighters